#02 Eunhyuk

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Eunhyuk's POV
 
I stop my dance moves as I lean against the mirror, trying to control my breath. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.
 
It's already 11 PM and I'm still training by myself even though the others have called it a day for our training session. Leeteuk, the leader of my group, told me that they will wait for me at a nearby cafetaria until midnight.
 
A year almost passed since my official debut with SuperJunior05, a group which consists of twelve members. We received good critics and comments for our performances. Sure there are a lot of harsh critics as well but we take it as motivation to be a better group.
 
We're really grateful for our fans who give us everlasting support, one of the biggest reason why we are still trying our best; we don't want to disappoint them.
 
The sound of opened door distracts me from the silence. I open my eyes and turn to see who will use this training room at this hour. My guess is it's a trainee and I'm right.
 
A girl with long black hair, tied in a bun, wearing a white sweater and black training pants closes the door behind her. She gasps in surprise, definitely doesn't expect someone to be here.
 
I think I know here.
 
"Ah, I'm so sorry! I don't know that you are using this dance practice room," she bows politely in ninety degrees. "I-I'm going to leave now!"
 
"W-Wait, Kyuri ah!" I call out her name, secretly hoping I'm not mistaken her with someone else.
 
She has turned around, ready to leave the room but she suddenly stops on her steps and looks back at me; so she is indeed Kyuri.
 
Park Kyuri is her full name. She debuted with the stage name Kyuri as a solo artist who just debuted last month, August 2006. She gained positive reviews from public and she is surely one of the most promising idols in the future.
 
I met her before with the other members on the day of her debut performance but I didn't really pay attention to her since there were so many guests that day. I think I've seen her before her debut when we're training together also but, well, I was too busy with myself I guess.
 
Oh, yes, she talked to me once. She said that she saw me during her school annual festival. I still remember it since it's such a sudden invitation and I couldn't refuse it.
 
Even after that I still had not paid attention at her. Maybe I just can't be a really good Sunbae, can I?
 
"Eh?" she blinks with confusion and tilts her head. "Is there something, Eunhyuk Sunbaenim?"
 
"It's alright," I smile calmly and step closer to her. "I don't think you need to be all formal with me. Our debut is only one year apart anyway."
 
"But I think you're five years older than me," she looks at the floor nervously. "I'm still nothing compared to you."
 
I can't help but to think that she is a really shy girl. I grin and speak out my thought, "You're great. I think you're really great."
 
Kyuri looks up and mumbles with doubt in her tone, giving me an unsure smile, "Thank...you?"
 
I try to hold my laughter back; she looks really cute somehow. I ask her whether she will practice here or not.
 
"Yes," she nods slightly. "I think I still need to practice for my dance. I'm so lame when it comes to dance."
 
Judging from her answer, I think that it's a good thing if she has a friend for the practice so I offer her politely, "Do you need someone to practice together. Well, it's not like I'm really good but, you know, maybe I can help."
 
Since I'm one of the main dancers in my group and I did take dance courses as my main focus during trainee days, maybe I can help my junior in one and another way.
 
"Really?" her eyes widen with a happy smile which makes me almost blush for no reason. My heart skips a beat upon her innocent expression. "You really will help me with dance practice?"
 
"Will be happy to," I make a peace sign with my fingers, I flip my hair from my eyes, ready to accompany her for dance practice. "Are you ready?"
 
We start the dance practice immediately. I teach her some new dance moves and I find that she is a fast learner but her body is lacking of practice. I bet her focus for training is vocal practice.
 
Time flies so fast when we're doing our favorite activities. The clock shows that it's already ten minutes after midnight. I stop the music and she stops her moves as well.
 
"Sorry  but it's midnight already," I turn off the music player. "The members are waiting for me. Besides it's late already."
 
She puffs her cheeks, a sign of her disappointment, "Ah... I see..."
 
Why do I find that she is really cute?
 
I look at her for seconds before I ask her, "Can we continue tomorrow, Kyuri? I will tell you about some cool moves again."
 
Kyuri looks at me with disbelief look but her lips turn into a curve. She quickly nods, "Yes!"
 
Her happy expression is priceless. I secretly smile at myself. I walk to the switch so I can turn off the light first before leaving the room, "Are you going home by yourself? It's midnight, you know."
 
"My friend is going to accompany her," she unties her hair carefully, letting it to fall until it reacher her waist. "I think he is waiting for me at the main door right now."
 
I walk with her together until we reach the main door. There is a guy standing, leaning against the wall with earphone plugged in his ears.
 
"Yoseob!" Kyuri rushes to his side with a bright smile.
 
The guy straightens his bnody, pulling the earphones away from ears. He gives a warm smile to the girl even though he looks really tired. He pats Kyuri's head twice gently before his eyes meet mine. He bows slightly as a manner and I quickly give him a slight bow as the return.
 
"Oh, Yoseob, this is Eunhyuk Sunbaenim, a member of SuperJunior05," Kyuri introduces me to her friend, pulling him two steps closer to me. "Sunbaenim, this is my best friend, Yang Yoseob. He is a trainee at M Boat right now."
 
"Ah, I see," I nod and offer my hand for a handshake with him.
 
He returns his gaze to Kyuri as if he is waiting for her to say something else.
 
"Home, home," Kyuri tugs his sleeve playfully. She gives me a smile and bows, "Thank you for your companion tonight, Sunbaenim."
 
"You're very welcome," I mutter calmly, still assuming somethiing in my head. "Be careful on your way back. I'll see you tomorrow."
 
Both of them bid me goodbye, walking away from SM Entertainment building. I see Yoseob her hair gently with loving eyes while Kyuri gives him a sweet smile.
 
Are they lovers?
 
Come on, Eunhyuk, it's not even your concern. So what if they're lovers?
 
Because she is an interesting junior. I know that. It must be good to train together with her occasionally.
 
And... she is indeed cute.
 
I smile to myself, letting my mind to filled with her smile on my way to meet with the others.
 
Park Kyuri. I can't wait for tomorrow now.