#17 Truly

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV
 
I can't really describe it with words but this tense I'm feeling right now is way too nerve wrecking. It's supposed to be a friendly discussion between three of us.
 
Secretly glancing at Kyuri before giving a quick glance at Eunhyuk, I really feel like I'm sitting at a very wrong place.
 
Today is our first meeting to discuss about our collaboration project. Apparently I found out that it won't be duet. Eunhyuk will join two of us since there will be a rap part in the song.
 
Honestly speaking, I must admit I felt a little bit disappointed because it won't be just two of us. On top of all, I would be there between the couple and I was worried jealousy would get into me.
 
However it's actually the oppposite.
 
They didn't come together. They didn't even smile at each other, just exchanging formal greetings when Eunhyuk entered the meeting room. They barely talked at all.
 
Our managers leave three of us so we can get our chemistry together but, really, even as someone who cares for Kyuri so much when she has a boyfriend already, I can't take it.
 
"Hyung, Kyuri," I break the ice, making both of them to look at me in unison. "Is there anything wrong with you two?"
 
Kyuri fakes a cough, returning her gaze to the music sheet, "Nothing."
 
"Right," Eunhyuk repeats the not-so-convincing answer. "Nothing."
 
These two are really... "I'm sorry if I'm being rude here but... We're here to get our chemistry as a team, aren't we? But... This tension is... Wow."
 
Knowing how Kyuri is, I know they are probably in the middle of a couple fight. To put it simple, they're here due to professionalism. They look like they don't want to see each other right now.
 
Eunhyuk taps his finger on table, studying Kyuri's expression before he says, "Kyuri doesn't really expect me to be here."
 
"Oppa!" Kyuri doesn't hide her disbelief look. "I've told you it's not that!"
 
Heaving a sigh, Eunhyuk closes his eyes, "Don't worry, Yoseob. We're professionals so... It's personal issue."
 
Kyuri slams the table with her palms, standing up with frustated look, "Hyukjae Oppa, what is wrong with you?"
 
"Me?" Eunhyuk raises his eyebrow but still remains calm. I am quite surprised with Kyuri's emotional reaction. "Do you mean 'us'?"
 
Now that they finally talk to each other, I feel like I just made a wrong decision.
 
I should just let the cold ice covered us.
 
 
~ Eunhyuk's POV
 
I know I sound like a jerk now. It's so illogical and nonsense but, when it comes to Kyuri, I don't know if my brain can work better than my heart.
 
Our conversation last week caused this tension between us. As ridiculous as it sounds, the fact that I heard she sounded so disappointed about me joining her collaboration project with duet pricked my patience.
 
Perhaps she didn't mean it that way. She even apologized to me if she made me felt that way but... I just don't know.
 
I never felt this way before. It hurt me so bad to think that she preferred to be with Yoseob only. To think that she picked Yoseob as her partner instead of me. To think that her feeling towards me might have changed.
 
"Hyukjae Oppa, what is wrong with you?" Kyuri slams the table, giving me a gaze full of hurt.
 
I feel really guilty now but I retort while surpressing my emotion because I don't want to argue with her in front of Yoseob, "Me? Do you mean 'us'?"
 
Yoseob just sits there with awkward look, doesn't really know what to do or say. He's just asking a wrong question at wrong time and wrong place.
 
"Kyuri!" he tries to calm her down, leaving his seat as well. "Calm down... You two can talk about this... issue. Come on. We're a team now."
 
Team.
 
Right. As much as I want to step back from the project, I can't do that. I don't have a proper reason to avoid this so, here I am, in the same room with Kyuri but it feels like she's so far away from me.
 
Kyuri actually listens to him and she sits down, concentrating on her music sheet again.
 
There the feeling strikes again. I know it's her being patient handling our argument but it also looks like she just listened to Yoseob.
 
Eunhyuk, you're screwed.
 
The next minutes are filled with silence again before the producer team joins us, telling us about the concept and all including our collaboration project name: K.E.Y.
 
Taking our initials, K.E.Y. will bring a ballad-dance track for our first collaboration. We're allowed to contribute with the lyrics writing as well.
 
"As for the MV," the one who is responsible for the Music Video explains, "I actually have an idea for the storyline but I'm opened for new idea."
 
"So, since we have a real life couple here, I think it's the best to let Kyuri and Eunhyuk star together," he smiles to Kyuri. "I'll try to give you the details later. Any question?"
 
I raise my hand, reading the notes, "Does it really need to be me and Kyuri? I mean... Perhaps another idea?"
 
Not that I don't want to be a couple on screen with her but I just don't think we're in a compatible chemistry right now or tomorrow or whenever it i.
 
"I don't mind," Kyuri answers, looking straight at the crew with a polite smile. "Can we also decide the title track after the lyrics are finished?"
 
The producer team looks satisfied with our quick discussion. We're going to have our second meeting in three days and, within the days, we need to try writing lyrics and get into the music.
 
"Kyuri," I call for her name when she's going to leave the room. "Shall we concentrate with the lyrics until the second meeting?"
 
She looks at me blankly before giving me a quick nod, "Sure. Whatever you want, Oppa."
 
My heart twists inside. It's me who makes everything worse yet I feel like slapping myself literally.
 
"Hyung?"
 
I turn to see Yoseob, waiting for me with a nervous smile, "Can we talk for a moment?"
 
 
~ Kyuri's POV
 
Two years of silence between me and Yoseob are not really the best memories I want to remember. To see him on the television for his debut, to remember his birthday but I didn't give him any birthday surprise, to know that I won't receive a congratulation message from him when I won an award.
 
How would it feel to lose your best friends who were always be with you almost all of the time before?
 
Now that we're in speaking term again, I thought everything would be just fine.
 
I have a pretty good career, supporting fans and family. I have Eunhyuk as a boyfriend. I have Yoseob as my best friend. I couldn't expect anything better.
 
That's why I don't understand why Eunhyuk being this way. He snapped me when I paid attention to much with BEAST's first win. His tone changed so cold when he thought I was disappointed with the sudden decision to add him in the collaboration project.
 
Sure, I didn't expect him to join me but it doesn't mean I don't want to work with him. That is so not the point.
 
Why does he keep jumping into conclusion?
 
"Let's listen to what you have," the representative of producer team smiles at us. "Just read the lyrics you have written out loud and we'll try to blend them with the music."
 
For the past three days, I have been concentrating with lyrics writing. Three of us are given the chance to write lyrics which will be used in our title track.
 
That day, our first discussion, was filled with tension between me and Eunhyuk. Yoseob kindly asked if there's anything wrong between us but he stopped just there before we went through worse debate.
 
Eunhyuk probably knew I was still mad at him so he chose to tell me about focusing with the lyrics. He really didn't call me at all but, as strange as it sounds, it's a good decision.
 
Who knows what kind of fight we could have if he insisted to talk with me?
 
"Eunhyuk, you'll go first," the producer lets Eunhyuk to start. "Checking the length and all... I believe it's for your own rap part then?"
 
"Yes," Eunhyuk nods and I'm pretty sure he just glances at me for a second. "I just need to read this, right?"
 
He clears his throat nervously before starting to read the words with rhythm as if he is really rapping.
 
"I wish I could tell you how much I love you
I wish you'd be okay with it
Because it hurts when our love ends
But, really, it hurts even more when I cling to it, knowing that it's not there
Tell me, baby, tell me now
What is my fault in loving you with all my heart?
But, know this, girl
This feeling I have for you
I do not feel it for anyone else
So please listen to me"
 
I unconsciously clench my hands under the table, feeling that my heart beats against my chest so hard that it hurts.
 
The producer praises him for the perfect choices of words but I can't even smile like what Yoseob does.
 
Because those words, even if he doesn't tell me...
 
...that's what he wants to say to me truly.