War?

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“What exactly do you think you are doing?” Hyun Jun froze and mentally groaned as he shut his eyes, exhaled slowly and then stood upright. He intentionally ignored the question and would have stolen away except for the penetrating gaze his brother was giving him.

“I asked you a question and I do believe I deserve a reply.” Hyun Joong stated as he glared at his brother. “What are you doing there?”

Hyun Jun had carefully planned this expedition but still his plans had proved to be faulty as he has gotten caught by his brother. He had been finding a way to get into Hyun Joong’s arsenal after the discussion with Sarah and Shinji and today had proven to be his lucky day. He only want to get in the room, borrow a weapon and stash it in his room and no one would be the wiser but here is Hyun Joong staring at him as if he’s committed the world’s greatest crime.

He shrugged when he realized there is no point in lying. “I want to get a gun for myself.” He admitted.

Hyun Joong gave him a hard look and then shook his head in amusement as he approached him. “How do you propose to enter the room without the keys?”

That should be pretty obvious, Hyun Jun thought. “I would jimmy the lock.”

Hyun Joong laughed. “Believe me little brother there is no way you will get into that room without a key and even if you do there is no way you can take a weapon from there.” He produced a key from his pocket, fitted it in the keyhole and opened the door. “I am a burglar myself and I am not stupid enough to let just anyone open a room I intend to be left closed. So, little brother, jimmying the lock won’t open this door.”

He rounded the desk and sat on the chair. “Why would you need a gun?”

“To protect myself and the others,” was the automatic reply from Hyun Jun. “I know I am not an expert, not even an amateur but I have to be prepared. I would have been killed if Sarah had not been there that night,” he breathed deeply. “I do not want to feel helpless anymore.”

Hyun Joong’s expression softened. “I wouldn’t have let anything happen to you. I would have protected you with my life.”

Hyun Jun gave him a faint smile. “I know but you weren’t there that night and I was glad you and Sister-in-law were not there.” He waved a hand in the air dismissively. “Anyways, I am determined now. I want to be able to defend myself.”

“Hyun Jun,” the older brother started softly. “I can understand why you want to do this but believe me I don’t want this for you. This is not the kind of life I want for my brother and that was why I did everything I could to shield you away from this part of my life. I am not proud of the things I have done, I had only engaged in it to survive. When we had no one but ourselves I was determined to do anything to take care of you as I do not want you to end up the way our parents did. I met Wang in my time of need and frankly I was ready to do anything to survive then, as much as it means I can feed you and keep you in school. I have done lot of things, things I would never say out loud to anyone because I am ashamed.” He breathed deeply and said in a shaky voice, “How could I want the same for you? I would have taken you out of the country just to protect you if I have my way but now that you are here let me protect you. I don’t want you to have to kill anyone and be labeled a murderer as I am. If eventually I get caught I don’t want you to be involved in my mess.”

He opened a drawer and brought out a manila envelope. He extended it to his brother. “Take this,” he waited until Hyun Jun accepted it before he continued, “I have been thinking about this for days now and I know I should make reinforcements. If anything happens to me I want you to take So Min and Joo Won far away from this country and never come back. Everything you would need I have taken care of it and you would find that once you’ve gone through the notes. All you have to do is to disappear.”

Hyun Jun opened his mouth to say something, probably to make a protest but he shook his head. “I won’t listen to a contradictory opinion.” He said firmly but with a smile. “Promise me you will do as I say,”

Hyun Jun was quiet for a long time but he eventually nodded his head. “I will do as you say but I am assured that nothing will go wrong. We will all stay together forever.” He stated.

“I don’t believe in forever nor happily-ever-after. I believe in the now and the present.” He opened another drawer and withdrew a gun fitted with a silencer. “Take this, but remember do not kill anyone. Remove the silencer when you fire to draw attention and someone would be there to help you. Shoot in the air or something and help will come.” He really doesn’t want to give Hyun Jun a gun but by doing so he knew he’s given him a responsibility and also something to make him feel at ease and he knew that his brother would never kill anyone; he’s nothing like him and for that reason he is extremely proud of him.

“Now, let this be the last time I will find you trying to sneak in here.”

Hyun Jun nodded and grinned broadly at him. “Thank you,” he exclaimed as he stared lovingly at the gun. As Hyun Jun headed to his room with his latest belonging, he knew he would never use the gun. He’s made a promise to his brother and truth be told he doesn’t want Joo Won to have to grow up in a home like this. But at least with this gun he could protect himself when seen with such a dangerous looking weapon.

***

“Nah, I do not agree to this.” Jang stated vehemently. “You are still recovering and you’re supposed to be home not on the streets. I don’t accept this.”

“I wasn’t asking for your approval Jang,” Sarah said curtly. “I am telling you what I’ll do and you can either go along with it or stay here like a coward.”

That got on Jang’s nerves. “I am not a coward and if I were you I would mind what I say.” he said threateningly.

Sasaki sighed. “Stop this foolishness right now.” He pointed at Sarah, “You are staying right here and nothing you say or do will change that. I and Shinji with Jang will take care of this.”

“Why should I have to wait here? Are you guys forgetting that this was my plan? How can you even think to exclude me from my plan? It’s not going to happen and who are you to give me orders by the way?”

“I will shut up if I were you.” Sasaki gave her such a fierce look that she blinked and stepped back. She continued grumbling but no one paid her any attention as the guys discussed the details amongst themselves.

“Make sure you keep an eye on the house and your ears opened. We hope Kim will only find out about this after the deed has been done. Don’t give him any room for suspicions.” Shinji said and they all nodded in mutual understanding. He stood up. “I believe there should be no problem then, we will leave at midnight.”

After the meeting with the boys Sarah walked back to her room dejectedly and with hard features. How could they just her out of the plan she had made and expect her to sit here quietly while they have all the fun? Damn that Sasaki, there are times sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter