Bloodbath

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sarah was pacing the living room as she eagerly await news of So min and the baby but so far there has been no update from Jang and she just couldn't sit still in her vigil. She knew what happened to Hyun Joong's first wife and just couldn't stop being worried. She knew what this meant to her boss.

Keeping the vigil with her was Hyun Jun who had his mouth kept shut for once and wasn't bothering her with his silly taunts, she really doesn't have his time tonight. The time was crawling ever so slowly as they both waited for the delivery news. Sarah heard a little crack sound and instantly her body went rigid and she stood absolutely still, waiting to hear that sound once more. Hyun Jun noticed this. "What is wrong with you? Why are you standing like that?" He inquired.

She turned to him and placed a finger on her lips. "Don't say a word and follow me as silently as you could." She bent and removed the gun she had in the holster around her leg. "Come with me." She pulled the safety off the gun and silently stole across the room and made for her room with Hyun Jun quietly behind her.

When they are in the room she went to her closet and retrieved a guitar case which she laid on the bed. She opened it and Hyun Jun gasped.

"What are you going to do with these?"

"There are people in the house and I have to act fast unless we want to get killed."

"That is nonsense, there is no one in the house except the two of us, the others are at the hospital." He stated.

"I really don't have time for your whining right now." She pushed a deadly looking blade in his hands. "Here, take this and defend yourself with it." As for herself she clipped on a bullet belt, a shoulder holster with two guns, two knives in her boots and she picked the gun she had earlier laid on the bed.

Hyun Jun was still giving her a confused look so she went to him and gently laid a hand on his shoulder. "I know you might be confused right now but we are in a dangerous situation and we have to be strong and smart. Those people will stop at nothing to kill us all and I can't let that happen. I swore my allegiance to your brother when I got here and I will die for him, I will do everything to protect you as well." She pulled away. "Stay in here and don't come out under any circumstances."

She was almost at the door when Hyun Jun stood up. "I will go with you. I know you'd probably think that I am useless but I am not a coward and I will fight to defend my home. This is my home as well and I will defend it."

Sarah saw the determination in him so she nodded. "Stay close behind me." She said and then slipped out with Hyun Jun on her heels.

"Shouldn't I get a gun as well?" He asked in a whisper.

Sarah didn't stop as she replied. "I won't take that chance, no use in getting yourself killed with your own weapon."

"I am not a fool." He moved beside her. "I can fire a gun," at her raised brows he added, "if you teach me."

"I can't," she whispered. "We don't have the time."

"I have to defend myself as well as you."

Sarah sighed and then halted her steps and removed a gun from her shoulder holster which she handed over to him. She quickly explained the workings to him and he just listened and watched intently.

"Good but remember to aim for the head or heart, that's instant death."

When they got back to the living room nothing seemed amiss but she knew without a doubt that they have company in the house. A movement to the left caught her attention and she swiftly shifted to that direction just enough to see a silhouette, a shadow with a gun. She edged closer with Hyun Jun behind her. She crept closer and saw the silhouette raise the hand with the gun and aimed. She quickly dodged to the side and pushed Hyun Jun to the floor as the first shot rang out. She crawled on her hands and knees until she got to the power switch and switched off the lights leaving the house in darkness. Her eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as she saw the silhouette move confidently under the cover of darkness and she shot him. The man's agonizing groan was the only indication that he was shot and he crumbled to the floor. The light coming from the kitchen helped her sight as she waited for the next move.

Hyun Jun crawled to her and whispered close to her ear. "What did you do to him?" He asked.

"I shot him." Her reply was immediate and automatic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter