Sarah

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Jun was impatient as he eagerly awaited his brother’s return back from the office. His intention was to go straight to his brother when he arrives and tell him what Sarah had done and then he would tell him to have her out of the house as soon as possible because even his brother would accept the fact that cohabitating in the same house with her would not be possible for him, so she would have to leave.

He almost jumped up when Hyun Joong’s car pulled in but he stopped himself and decided to wait but he was disappointed when his brother just managed a nod at him to acknowledge him before he went upstairs with his wife. He groaned. Everyone in the house knows the couple just got back on good terms and he really doesn’t want to disturb them so he decided to wait till dinner before he talks to his brother.

Hyun Jun got his chance after dinner and before Hyun Joong could be carted upstairs by his wife he waylaid them. “I have something to talk to you about.” He announced and his brother just stared at him and whispered something into his wife’s ear with the latter nodding and then heading upstairs.

Hyun Joong headed to the couch and sat down. “What about? What you want to talk to me about I mean?”

“I want Sarah out of this house.” He blurted out.

Hyun Joong’s demeanor did not change. “Why do you want her out of this house? As far as I was concerned there were no words about that before I left home in the morning and now you want her gone? What happened?”

“I don’t have to explain anything to you the same way you intentionally kept me in the dark even after promising to tell me what’s going on.” He stated grimly. “I want her gone or I will leave this house, the choice is yours, and believe me I will be happy with anyone you make.”

Hyun Joong sighed. He beckoned his brother to him. “Sit down beside me,” he beseeched. After he was seated he continued, “I think I deserve to know what is going on, I just can’t send her away because of you.”

Hyun Jun exploded. “Oh yeah, you can’t send her away? Who was I kidding to think that you would ever support me? Ever since she got here she has been walking all over me, demeaning me, humiliating me and what have you done about it? Absolutely nothing and now that I wanted to take action you are defending her.”

“I wasn’t defending her.” Hyun Joong clarified.

“Say that to someone else not me.”

Hyun Joong tried to calm him down. “You want her to leave?” at his brother’s nod he continued, “Okay, she will leave but only if you tell me what she did.”

Hyun Jun stood up. ‘I already told you I don’t have to explain anything to you. I am an adult and it is about time you start treating me as one, it’s either she leaves or I leave, the choice is yours.”

Hyun Joong was silent for a few seconds. “Okay, she will leave, but, I want you to know that if Sarah’s got your back then you have nothing to worry about.”

Hyun Jun scoffed. “As if I will ever need her,”

Hyun Joong nodded. “No problem, go and bring her.”

“Why should I?” Hyun Jun grumbled.

“Do you want her gone or not? If you do then go get her and stop making me repeat my words.”

Hyun Jun scowled at his brother but he did as he was told. He brought Sarah with him and both of them stood before Hyun Joong.

“I heard about what happened here while I was away,” Hyun Joong started. “I really don’t know what’s going on between you both and I am not the one to pry, but what I would not tolerate is anyone betting in my house. I strongly dislike…”

“We were not betting,” Hyun Jun interrupted.

“When I am talking you’re supposed to keep quiet and not interrupt.” He gave his brother a stern look. “As I was saying, I see no reason why you two cannot live with each other. As for you,” he turned to his brother. “Don’t challenge someone you can never beat and you Sarah, I know I once told you not to run away from any challenge but if the challenge is a silly one like the one that happened between you two, you should know better than to honour it.”

Sarah kept her face down and remained silent. She could however tell that he was not angry, if he was she would have sensed it in him and she hid a smile at the implication of his words that his brother behaved foolishly.

“Just because she is a girl doesn’t mean you can challenge her and win.” He was referring to his brother now who was staring at the floor. “Hyun Jun wants you out of this house Sarah and I already accepted because he threatened that it’s either you leave or he leaves. I know you are capable of taking care of yourself so I wouldn’t worry too much about that but for him, you and I both know that I can’t have him out of my sight.” Sarah nodded in agreement. “So, Hyun Jun, do you still want her to leave or would you man up and accept your mistake?”

“Mistake? You’re saying I made a mistake?”

Hyun Joong shook his head. “I didn’t say you made a mistake by challenging her, your mistake however come from the fact that you undermined her because she is a girl. I will tell you this little brother, Sarah here is one of my best but I know a way you can beat her and it doesn’t involve violence.” He winked at his brother. “If you want that tip then come to me l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter