Moment of Truth

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Sarah, hey I was hoping to talk to you.’’

Sarah dropped the weights in her hand and sat up, her knees drawn up as she laced her shoes. “What about?’ She asked uninterestedly.

He looked around and was content they are still alone. He really doesn’t know where her loyalty lies, if she would be with him on this or not. He knew she was close to Ya Cha but what he doesn’t know is if she really is loyal to him or one of the others. He had been trying to man up and approach her about his proposition but for some unexplainable reasons, he found himself feeling reluctant. If she is against Ya Cha she would have him killed by the others with them wanting to make him an example for others who are thinking of turning against them, but if she is with him then he is not alone. “You do know what everyone is talking about, whispering about to be precise?”

Sarah gave him a bored look. “I don’t get what you trying to say and as you can see I am pretty busy, so why don’t you just spill whatever it is you are here to say.” She rolled her neck to ease the tension. Everything is going to hell and she knew she is been monitored, they are all waiting for her to make the move. They ing know there is no way she would support them in this, but this is her life and her sister’s. She is expected to say the wrong thing or behave the wrong way and she would end up on the streets of Seoul with bullets holes.

I really do have to man up. If she sets me up I am dead and if Ya Cha gets me I am dead as well, might as well die for a better cause. “About Ya Cha, you know they are conspiring against him.” He whispered. There are times he asked himself how he managed to last so long in such an organization like this, he always feel uncomfortable about killing someone and he would only kill if his life is on the line. The sight of blood makes him queasy but one thing he knew has been his only saving grace was his honed instinct and that was what had kept him alive for so long.

He saw the look in the eyes, the wariness, suspicious, guilt and then finally indifference. “You can’t pretend you don’t know about it.”

Sarah watched the man in silence. Is this a ing joke? She never thought they could stoop so low as to have someone try to make her talk. “Should I? I am minding my business in here and I really don’t care what happens to anyone except myself. Can you leave now?”’ she didn’t even pretend to be polite. them all.

“You can talk freely Sarah, it is just you and I and I really want to know where you stand.” He said uneasily.

Sarah raised her brows. “What are you talking about?”

“Just tell me the truth, are you with them about exposing him or not?” they both know who he was talking about so he really doesn’t have to mention names.

Sarah tried to remember if there was a camera here, a hidden one but came up with nothing. “Don’t worry,” he broke into her thoughts. “There is no camera here and I was not sent by anyone.” He sat down beside her on the bench and stared fixatedly on the hands on his thighs. “I feel terrible anytime I remembered what was done to him and how miserable he was, he is just getting his life back and they want to take everything away. It’s unfair, we were the one who betrayed him not the other way around. His wife is pregnant and I really don’t want history to repeat itself.” He said meekly.

What the hell, Sarah thought. If she is going down it won’t be without a fight. “We all know Bum deserved what he got and if I had gotten my hands on the idiot that spilled out his guts about that day I would have silenced him before he can produce a single alphabet. I can’t sit still and watch him get destroyed.” He had been the one to take her off the streets of Turkey, made her into something and he gave her a choice when it came to joining the Underworld. She was here because she wanted to not because he forced her into it. She owned him her life, if not for him she would have ended up as a carcass on the streets of Turkey. He had killed for her to get her out of there alive and for that she would remain grateful.

“I won’t let them do that to him.” She said with resolve. “The battle line has just been drawn and Wang had better watch out, they all better watch out because I won’t rest until I take my last breath defending him.”

He saw the sincerity in her and he knew if he hadn’t approached her she would have tried to help him in her own way. Two heads they say are better than one. “I am in too and I think the first we should do is let him know what they are planning. I personally think going to the media with the stuff he’s done is dirty and cowardly.”

Sarah’s laugh was humourless. “Media? You really believed that? How would they link him with any of the things we knew he did? And do you really think they will risk themselves that way? It is just a ruse to turn you all form their hidden agenda. I will find out what they wanted to do but I think it involves making him revisit his earlier horror.”

His face ashen. “Oh no, they can’t possibly be thinking of doing that to him.” He shook his head.

“Do you think they care about that? The earlier we warn him the better.”

“How do you know about that? Their hidden agenda I mean.”

She gave him a wry smile. “I am a girl and what I want to know I know it, besides I can be very sneaky.”

He managed a faint smile. “I believe I don’t have to tell you that you are being watched and every action of yours monitored.”

“I am not stupid,” was her reply.

He stood up and nodded. “Good. I will get in touch with you but don’t say a word about this to anyone.”

“I said I am not stupid.”

“Good.”

Sarah dropped down on the bench and groaned. This is going to be dirty and bloody and she is ready for it but she needs to place a phone call first.

***

They are in his office and he doesn’t have to fear their conversation would be heard, besides who would dare eavesdrop in his house, definitely not his bodyguards and the kitchen hands stay out of the main house except when they have to cook. They are good here to have their conversation but he’s still concerned about Hyun Jun’s reaction.

He cleared his throat and folded his hands on his desk. So min and Hyun Jun are seated opposite him while Sasaki and Shinji are standing. The only novice here is Hyun Jun and for him he has to choose his words carefully.

“The battle line has just been drawn and I am not going to sit still while I got destroyed. I was stupid before but now I am not. Anyone that comes in my way will bear the consequences and I don’t care about who dies.” His voice commandeered attention and all eyes were fixated on him. The others all nodded but Hyun Jun had on a bewildered expression. “They are on to me and my wife, my brother as well and I won’t let that happen. You,” he pointed at Hyun Jun who still look bemused. “You are leaving the country with So min as soon as possible and I won’t listen to any objec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter