Waiting for dawn

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

So Min came to with a moan and sat up with a hand clasped to her head. Where the hell is this and what is she doing here? Where is Joo Won? She sat upright in bed and scrambled to her feet, where is her baby? Hyun Joong can go jump off a cliff and meet his well deserved death but she won’t let anything happen to her boy.

She went to the door and pressed her ear to the rich wood but she couldn’t hear a thing. Quietly, she turned the handle of the door and was surprised to find it unlocked. Who is stupid enough to give their captive free movement? She tiptoed into the hallway and listened to voices, but she couldn’t hear anything.

She remembered the gun she’s tucked in Joo Won’s bag but she can’t see the bag anywhere. That’s it, she does have a small dagger tucked in her boot and she bent slightly to get it. With a dagger in her hand she proceeded into the living room and stopped in her tracks when she found Hyun Jun sprawled on the couch and Sarah sitting in an arm chair fiddling with her phone.

“What the hell is going on here? And where is Joo Won?”

The two exchanged glances and then Hyun Jun turned to her. “We are acting on Hyung’s orders. He wants us to bring you and Joo Won here and that’s what we did.” He said with a smile he felt should put her at ease.

So Min snarled and glared at him. “Tell me a single reason why I shouldn’t snap your neck right now?”

Sarah spoke up. “It’s not our faults, we are just following orders.”

“Shut the hell up . This is a family matter and last I checked you’re not one of us.” She snapped. “Where is my baby?”

“You can’t talk to her that way.”

So Min gave him an amused look. “Oh really? Don’t tell me you’re in love with her because she doesn’t care about you or anyone else except Hyun Joong and too bad for her that he is married to me. I really don’t care if you want to pursue a relationship with him but make that happen after I am gone from his life and that will be in a matter of hours. For the last time, where is my son?”

“You don’t have to be so y.” Sarah said.

“I can kill you in the blink of an eye so I will suggest you know what comes out of your mouth.” She warned.

“You don’t scare me and the only reason you are safe from me is because you are Kim’s wife.” She stated through gritted teeth.

So Min scoffed. “Look here , I will gladly kill you so that your leathery self can leave my life for good.”

Hyun Jun knew where this is heading to, so he stood up. “I will go check on Joo Won, see if he’s wake up.” He slipped away without either woman giving him a sparing glance.

The two women glared at each other. “I am going to leave now and I dare you to stop me. I won’t let anyone jeopardise my plans.” She turned to leave but then looked at Sarah over her shoulder. “I don’t care if Hyun Joong dies or not but if he doesn’t tell him if he tries to find us I will disappear forever and if he forces my hand I will kill everyone he sends to get us back and that I wouldn’t spare him either.”

“Why don’t you tell him that yourself?” Sarah snorted.

“I would if I could, but since I can’t I’m giving you the honour.”

“I really don’t know what Kim found in you, you are just a bloody...” she didn’t get to finish her sentence as So Min flew at her and they crashed to the ground, tearing at each other.

Hyun Jun heard the crash and rushed to the living room where So Min and Sarah were fighting. “Stop this right now,” he yelled but none of them were listening to him.

So Min had Sarah by the throat while the other was trying to throw her off but in vain. He intervened and dragged her off Sarah. “I say stop this nonsense.” He yelled.

“Go to hell Hyun Jun,” So Min said as she got up. “I don’t take orders from anyone and the only reason I am not slitting your throat is because you’re my son’s uncle.”

Sarah sat up and spluttered, her eyes watering as she gulp in huge breaths. “You tried to kill me,”

“And I would have if he didn’t interfere. You are no match for me little girl, do best to remember that the next time you challenge me.”

“Psychotic ,” Sarah muttered.

“Let’s sort this out and please don’t forget that there is a sleeping baby in the house. We are all adults here and should behave accordingly. Can we try to talk this out and stop being beastly?”

So Min hissed and sat down on the couch. “Tell her to stay away from me and my baby and I won’t bother her.”

Sarah stood up and went to the armchair, dropping into it. “Fine, I’ll do just that.”

“Good. My brother doesn’t want you to be tearing at yourselves and as for you Sarah, the fact that my brother seems to like you doesn’t mean that he will choose you over his family, so I will suggest that you be nice to his wife because no matter how badly she behaves he never get angry at her.” He watched both of them intently. “We won’t talk anymore about that but how to take care of ourselves. Right now a huge fight is going on and we should believe that he and the others will come back unscathed and then we will know what to do with our lives.”

“We should turn on the TV,” Sarah said. “There might be some sort of news about it.” She reached for the remote and switched on the tv.

They waited for what seem like an eternity until the news came up.

A building has been consumed by fire, and bones definitely humans, has been found in the building. According to those living in the neighbourhood, the building has been abandoned for years and there is no sign of anyone ever been there, at least not that they know of. A huge explosion was heard and the people in a fit of panic came out of their homes and were shocked to find the building roaring with fire. They called the fire brigade and the police but nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter