Baby in the house

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyun Jun walked to the room where Sarah is been kept. Two officers were standing guard outside the room and she lay motionless on the bed, her face pale but he could tell she was conscious, lightly so. He nodded to the officers in greetings and entered the room then he pulled a chair to the bed near her pillow side. He sent a discreet look towards the door but the men were not even looking at him so he bent down slightly to her ear.

“Sarah this is Hyun Jun, show me you can hear me by fluttering your eyelids, you don’t have to open your eyes.” Even he knew the moment the police detects that she is awake they would be all over her and he is smart enough to know exactly how risky that would be for them.

He only had to wait for a few seconds when she did as he asked her to and he squeezed her arm. “As much as I would love to thank you profusely for saving my life I can’t do that right now as you’re in the hospital and the cops are hovering. Hyun Joong doesn’t want them to find out that you are awake yet and that’s why I am here.” He paused, resisted the urge to look around and then held her hand.

“You only have to twitch your fingers now and then to indicate that you can hear me.” He continued in a whisper and she twitched a finger.

He repeated what his brother had told the detective almost word for word and the occasional twitch is his sign to go on.

“Now Hyung wants you to stick to the story as he could tell the detective is being suspicious. He said he would take care of things and that you should rest in the hospital for a while, between the police keeping watch over you and Sasaki there should be no problem.” He couldn’t believe he is doing this or even saying this. Months ago he would have been scared to death but now he’s accepted this part of his brother’s life even though he knew he wasn’t doing the right thing.

One of the officers poked his head in. “Hey, she awake yet?”

Hyun Jun looked up. “No she isn’t,” he shook his head. “Even I think she is supposed to be awake by now, you don’t think she would die do you?” he asked the man with round eyes.

He released a huge breath of relief when the man shook his head and told him she won't and stood up. “I am glad then,” he gestured with a thumb to the door, “I should probably get back to my Sister-in-law, she just gave birth you know.” He had on a huge smile at least the baby is sanity to an otherwise insane night.

“Congratulations,” the man said politely.

Hyun Jun beamed. “Thank you,”

The thought in Hyun Jun’s head as he went back to So min’s ward was that perhaps the ability to lie perfectly runs in the family; his brother, his wife and himself. He only hopes little Kim doesn’t have to lead the same kind of life.

***

“Things could have been worse tonight, we all know it. What if we were all home?” Shinji remarked.

“They wouldn’t have been able to do that if you guys were all there.” Hyun Jun answered.

“That’s exactly my point,” Shinji stated, “the problem however is how we would have been able to cover our tracks without getting caught. I suggest we go there tonight and raze them to the ground.” He said with venom. “Those sons-of-es deserve that and then more.”

“I totally agree with you but we have to be careful especially when we have cops littered around the place. I suggest we give it a few days before we make our move.” So min put in. She knew decisions made hurriedly would probably result in something disastrous. “We have to be extremely careful.”

“What if they make a move again?” Hyun Jun asked uneasily. He doesn’t think he is up for any more violence anytime soon.

“You don’t have to worry about that, we would take care of it.” Hyun Joong said with a reassuring smile. “I personally would have loved it if you and So…”

“Don’t even think about it,” So min interrupted him. “I am not going anywhere and neither is Hyun Jun, we will stick together and fight.” She shook her head when she saw him trying to say something. “Nothing you say can convince me otherwise so don’t even bother.” She saw his grave expression and gentled her tone. “I know you’re worried and you have the right to be, what will the baby and keeping everyone safe but you must admit that nowhere is safe now at least not until we know what they are really up to. We are a family and we watch our backs and if you think I’ll let anyone mess with my baby you would be so surprised at what it is I can and will do.” She said fiercely.

Hyun Joong actually chuckled. Who would have thought that she would be this fiercely protective of the child just few hours after his birth? “Okay but you have to promise me that you won’t try to act smart, you would listen to me and do exactly what I tell you do.” He stated firmly because knowing her she probably has some sort of deadly plan in that head of hers.

So min rolled her eyes. “When have I never listened to you?” she grumbled.

“Too many times to count,” he replied with a straight face.

Hyun Jun couldn’t help the grin growing on his face, at least things aren’t so bad that they have to be on edge but he couldn’t shake off the feeling that what happened tonight was just a tip of the iceberg or rather the calm before a storm and he could only desperately wish that they don’t get blown away.

***

So min closed the door to the nursery quietly as she went downstairs, she must admit that she felt a bliss in being a mother and she felt guilty for the time she was doing everything possible to avoid getting pregnant. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter