New Beginning

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

“When are we going back to Seoul?” Hyun Jun asked the next morning.

“We will leave this morning. We can’t let it be known we were all out of the city last night.” Hyun Joong replied.

“No one can associate what happened last night to you right?” Hyun Jun voiced out what had kept him up all night.

Hyun Joong looked up at his brother. “You don’t have to worry about that. I will handle things.” He said with a reassuring smile.

The drive back to Seoul was quiet for everyone except Joo Won who was content with babbling and So Min indulged him as she carried him on her lap and played with him when it became apparent he was in no mood for sleeping.

“We won’t say a word of this to anyone,” Hyun Joong said when they got into the Kim’s Mansion. “We will keep our ears to the ground for few days to know what people are saying and especially what the Police are saying and afterwards we will get rid of all evidence.” He added.

“By evidence you mean the room filled with weapons.” Hyun Jun asked.

“You are not supposed to say that out loud.” Sarah chided and Hyun Jun shrugged before giving her a dark scowl. “I wasn’t talking to you.”

Hyun Joong gave his brother a gentle pat on the back. “You don’t have to worry yourself about that. I will arrange for the necessary steps to be taken. Right now, I want you all to behave as if everything is right with the world.”

***


 

Days rolled into weeks and then months before Hyun Joong and his entire family could heave a sigh of relief. Nothing has been trailed to them and there was no evidence to be retrieved in the wreck. Since the Elders each led a very private life, no one really know who they were or who they associated with and as such the case was half closed but of course it was suspected that it was a gang affair and after few months the case was officially closed.

The Kim family had their official celebration with Joo Won’s birthday and they could finally relax as they know that they had escaped unscathed. The party was strictly for family as they have lots of issues to discuss about what to do next since the gang has been officially disbanded.

So Min’s face was radiating with immense joy as she looked at the presents Joo Won received on his first birthday. Even the not-so-annoying-anymore Sarah got him presents. Her life right now was what she had dreamt about a lifetime ago but she had forsake that dream because she thought it could never happen to someone like her but here she is, with a loving husband and an adorable son who is all hers. What more is there to wish for in life?

She tucked Joo Won in bed and after kissing him on his forehead she closed the door to the nursery and then descended the stairs, arriving at the den where everyone was gathered.

“I am sorry for keeping you all waiting.” She apologized.

“You have nothing to apologize for,” said Hyun Joong. He took her hand and pulled her to himself, seating her right beside him on the couch. “We are all happy tonight,” he began. “And we have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter