Backup

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong was quickly fed on what had happened while Sarah was being attended to and he just couldn’t stop himself from pacing endlessly round the hospital room. He had sent the nurse out so as to be sure of privacy because one thing he knew about nurses was that they are nosy as hell and he really doesn’t want anyone eavesdropping right now and that was why he had someone stand guard outside the door.

Hyun Jun was seated beside So min on the bed and was making faces at his nephew while he giggled helplessly.

“You did well,” So min said to him and punched him on the back. “One would think you are a gangster with your expedition tonight.” She grinned at him.

“Sarah did most of the work, I must admit that I would have been dead if not for her, she gave me the courage to fight and defend our home.”

So min arched her brows. “Is that admiration I can detect in your voice?” she said teasingly.

Hyun Jun flushed and looked away. “She’s good,” he muttered. “I am worried about her though, what if the police find out about this? What if she dies?”

Sasaki answered him. “She won’t die, I think you should go to see her, the police are standing guard outside the theatre. It wouldn’t look good if we leave her there with them.”

Hyun Jun instantly stood up. “I will go to her,”

His brother’s outstretched hand stopped him. “I will go but you will come with me so as to stick to the story I will tell. Come with me Sasaki,” he turned to Shinji. “Stay here with her, you and Jang.”

Shinji nodded and moved closer to the bed.

“Do you have a gun there with you?” he asked his brother and the latter nodded in assent. He extended his hand, “Give it here.” He took the gun from him, brought out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped it clean of fingerprints. He moved to So min and gave the gun to her. “Take care of this.”

So min nodded and took the gun from him and then hid the gun inside the bag she brought her baby’s things in.

“Come with me,” Hyun Joong motioned to the men and they all filed out of the room. At the door he looked at Jang intently. “If you sense anything strange call me immediately,” at his nod he moved away but then stopped and spoke to him from his shoulder. “Jang, protect them with your life.”

He knew with Shinji, Jang and So min herself he could be rest easy and be sure nothing catastrophe would happen but he was still scared, he just felt as if something bad would happen. His brother was walking close beside him while Sasaki was walking behind them.

He turned sideways to his brother to bring him into focus. “Don’t say anything when we get there and don’t appear frightened or nervous, they would easily pick up something like that. Do you understand?” he asked for clarity.

Hyun Jun nodded. “Yes I do, I’ll do as you say.”

Hyun Joong gave him a distracted smile. “Good,”

When they got to the theatre where Sarah’s having the bullets in her removed, Hyun Joong nodded to the officers standing guard there as an acknowledgment. “Good to see you officers, I am totally speechless.” In a moment he pushed the worry gnawing at the back of his mind to rest and fixed the officer with a pained look. “This seems like a dream, I just find it hard to believe.”

Sensing the need to speak, the officer called him and his brother away for what he thought was an interrogation. “I was aware that your brother was with her when this happened and I would really love to get his statement about this.”

“Shouldn’t this be done in the police station?” Hyun Jun asked and his brother fixed him a sharp glare before he coughed in embarrassment.

“Don’t mind him officer, he would answer all your questions here and if afterwards you need him to come with you to the station he would gladly do so.” He led the way to a row of bench and they all sat down. “He told me everything that ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter