Exposed

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marriage. Sometimes marriage is a word you hear and run away from it as fast as you can, but looking at the happiness, contentment and fulfilment it brings you can't help but have a positive notion towards it. Marriage is one of the most important steps one must take in life. Marriage is one of the Sacrament in the Catholic doctrines.

Any Marriage that lacks trust from either of the two party involved might as well be over, but then one will have to deal with nasty divorce, lawsuits, things that make you cringe. If most men knew what they are getting into by getting married they would probably have taken the time to think things over. If Hyun Joong had relied on instincts instead of impulse he wouldn't have married So min, but since he is unfortunate enough to do so he might as well learn to cope with her.

'I really do feel guilty for Kim,' So min said to herself as she laid down on her bed, her face glued to the ceiling. No doubt if Kim had an idea of what she was he would never have married her and she wouldn't blame him, she wouldn't marry "her" either. If she had been a good woman she would have settled down with Hyun Joong and be to him what he wants in a woman. So min knew she isn't the ideal woman for any man, something that hurts her once in a while. Now she knew she could never get the "Best Wife" award in her life but does she have to avoid Motherhood like a plague?

So min can't help but to feel guilty towards Hyun Joong. She could remember vividly the night he had sought her out at the Hotel months ago. She still remembered their agreement and she is the one not being faithful to it, she broke her promise to him thanks to Sato.

Hyun Joong made her as comfortable as she could ever get although his pest of a brother is fighting her for his attention nowadays.

If she were an ordinary woman without thousands of shades she could easily see herself falling in love with Hyun Joong. Yes he is annoying, awkward when expressing his feelings, cocky even and have a horrible temper, yet he is loving and caring in his own unique way. She couldn't ignore the fact that even though he have a hard time expressing himself verbally to her he always make her know he cares. He listens to her when she wants to talk, check in on her every night before going to bed, tuck in her hair and stares at her when he thought she is oblivious. Things that makes her heart flutters every now and then. Yes it would be so easy to fall in love with him but who is she kidding? No matter how polished she tries to make her life her past will always catch up with her in the form of Sato. She had done many bad things in her life but she did deserve to be happy.

She has gotten new pills from Brent and had made sure to keep it completely out of sight. Not that the nosy "I-have-an-agenda-to-expose-So min" brother-in-law of hers would enter her room but it doesn't hurt to be over cautious. Hopefully one day she would get her acts together, love her husband and kids, but now? Not really 'cause if she have Kim's best interest at heart she won't be thinking of how to tell him she needed to leave the country in a day or two.

She had gotten the message she had been anticipating for Zillion weeks just two days ago. She had gotten out of the bathroom a towel wrapped loosely around her body to hear August Alsina's duet with Nicki Minaj wailing from her phone speaker. 'It's time,' had been the first word Sato uttered when she had picked the call and she instantly knew what he meant.

'So the Ya Cha guy has finally made an appearance.' She had made it as a statement.

'No he hasn't but his men has arrived in Osaka and had killed three of my men. It is only a matter of time before he joins them and I have to be there. I am taking the next flight to Japan. Can't wait to face Ya Cha face on.' The last statement she could detect amusement, nervousness and fear in his voice but she didn't call him up on it.

So min had taken a calming breath. 'We will stick to strategy as earlier planned.'

'I have called in for reinforcement from friendly cliques. This is going to be a bloody war, I can feel it, can smell it and victory is ours. I need you in Japan tomorrow.'

So min scoffed. Sato might be the Boss but he is stupid at times. 'It seems you forgot I am married Sato. Just how did you expect me to tell my husband out of the blue that I have to be in Japan tomorrow? Oh, "Hyun Joong I have to be in Japan tomorrow. I promised to help a friend out and I have to leave, just wanted to tell you, my flight is booked already." Is that what you want me to tell him? I will get to Japan as soon as I can.' She stated firmly.

Sato had then proceeded to coax, threaten and complain but she wasn't budging. He had reluctantly agreed that she would be there as soon as she can.

The most important issue right now is how to approach Kim and "casually" ask him how she can leave the Country in a day or two without arousing any sort of suspicion from him.

¶¶¶Hey Kim I need to leave the Country Asap for a day or two.¶¶¶ Urgh.

¶¶¶Hyun Joong ah, I feel stuffy here in Korea. How about a trip to the Caribbean?¶¶¶ Tsk, too obvious.

¶¶¶Kim Hyun Joong I just got a call from my Aunt in the US that my Uncle is ill and Ineed to be there for her.¶¶¶ Sobs. could do it but I already told him I had no relatives.

Aish So min think and come up with a brilliant plan from that intelligent head of yours. Hmmm, how about?

¶¶¶I am sorry I lied to you Kim about not having any relatives but my Stepdadis on his deathbed in the US and I need to be there. I owe it to my Mum to be therefor him. Of course I wouldn't go if you don't want me to but I judt thought my Mum would have wanted me there. James helped raised me even if it was for a few years.¶¶¶ A solemn expression and it would so do.

Somin jumped up from the bed before jumping back to it in glee. With this brilliant idea of hers Kim would not have any slightest reason to doubt her. She would tell him she is going to New York and she would make a slight "detour" to Japan and she would be back as soon as possible. She just have to come bavk with dark circles and let him believe that "James" death had taken a toll on her.

Whoohoo Japan, here I come.

***

That night dressed in only a long tee, So min curled up on the couch and eagerly awaits Hyun Joong's return. She took a calming breath when she heard his car pulled in.

Hyun Joong entered the house and froze in his tracks and simply stared at her. What the had happened? So min looked like a panda. Mascara streamed down her face not hiding the fact that she had been crying. Her face looked blotched and the mascara stain didn't do her justice. 'What happened? Who touched you?' Hyun Joong walked to her, dumping his briefcase unceremoniously on the floor. He took hold of her dhoulders and slightly shook her. 'Tell me what happened. Who made you cry?'

For a moment So min vouldn't speak as she saw the genuine concern in his gaze, the way he held her, his attempt at calming her. She swallowed nervously and told him her rehearsed lines.

***

 Hyun Joong felt relieved. With So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter