The Plan

The Baby Bargain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So min couldn't dare looking at Hyun Joong's face, instead she kept her face down and her eyes averted. She will have Sato's neck for this silly act of his.Sato sat himself down beside her directly opposite Hyun Joong and smiled. 'I am sorry for dropping by without informing anyone. I hope it is not much of an inconvenience.'

Hyun Joong shook his head. 'Of course not. How can I help you Mr Deguchi?' Kim asked him politely trying to hide his rage behind a cool facade. He couldn't believe Sato could be so stupid. How could he come into a married woman's home without minding the husband? He looked over at So min who was avoiding his gaze and he relaxed a tiny bit, at least she is not comfortable with Sato's presence.

Sato propped his hands on the table and grinned. 'Actually I am your in-law,' he said with a flourish.

Hyun jun snorted. Liar. This was the guy who held a gun at him the night he followed So min out. There is no way they are related except for the fact that they are dating each other secretly. Could that be it? Is the baby Sato's and he had come for it? Why is he lying about his name? He remembered vaguely that So min referred to him as Sato that night. Just what the is he doing here? 'You are Japanese,' Hyun jun stated the obvious.

'Of course I am.' Sato acquiesced. 'So min and I grew up together. Our parents are friends and I am some sort of a big brother to her.' He took So min's hand from the table and squeezed gently. 'I'm sorry I couldn't make it for the wedding. I only found out about it weeks after.' He said apologetically.

Hyun Joong watched them both intently and catching his intense gaze Sato released her hand and smiled. Hyun Joong forced a smile. 'So min why don't you bring an extra plate for your friend?'

So min knew that tone and immediately stood up. She returned minutes later with a dish and cutlery for Sato. She dished the food for him without saying a word and sat back down.

Hyun jun watched Sato and So min and knew they were both up to something but that something eludes him. Sato was eating with gusto and doesn't seem to mind the fact that Hyun Joong is reigning in his temper. Hyun jun could tell his brother is angry. He could feel it as he sat beside him but Hyun Joong kept his emotions in check and that is probably for the best because he knew his hyung's anger is disastrous.

'It seems your friend doesn't want you here Mr Deguchi.' Hyun jun said insultingly.

So min realised she has been silent for too long. 'I was surprisrd to see him that's all. I haven't seen him in ages.' She said and smiled at Sato.

Sato dropped his spoon. 'The last time I saw her was when she was a teen, eighteen or seventeen. I had to leave the Country, told her I would be back in two weeks but I never did come back until now. I just arrived lastnight and decided to pay her a visit.' She turned to Hyun Joong. 'I hope you don't mind me coming by?'

Hyun Joong shook his head. 'Not at all.'' He stood up suddenly loosing his appetite. 'Why don't you take him in for a word.' He told So min before walking away.

Hyun jun followed his brother's steps and went to his room.

Hyun Joong went outside to look for Sasaki. As soon as the other man saw him he ran to him. 'What is he doing here?'

Hyun Joong walked with Sasaki to the Greenhouse. 'He is here for So min but I don't know the why. I need you to keep track on him for tonight, follow him and know his base.'

'Why don't I just take him out? I will do it in a way his body would never be found.' Sasaki suggested.

Hyun Joong shook his head. 'She might get suspicious and I don't want that. You will take the car out now and wait for him at the junction, follow him after he leaves the house but make sure to stay out of sight. I don't know how long he is going to be in town but I am not taking chances. Keep an eye on him.'

 Sasaki nodded. 'Hai,' He bowed and then walked away to retrieve the car.

Apart from the people he works with Sasaki is the only one who knew what he is really doing and he trust him to keep his lips sealed. Sato came  to the lion's den and came out unscathed, he might not get so lucky the next time he tries such.

***

So min cleared the dishes and half dragged Sato to the den. 'Are you crazy? What the hell are you doing here? Do you want to get me in trouble?'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter