The After Party

The Lux of Love

[Suzy's POV]

The Lux. Midnight. After party.

Damn, these people really know how to party hard; they're surely drinking the night away. I hope that they won't destroy the place. After all, it's just newly refurbished. 

"You have something on your hair," Kwangmin flicked a small crystal that came from my last ensemble away. "There, it's gone now."

"Thanks," I said. "It was hard to wash out all of the paint away."

We both shifted our attention to Joon was having the time of his life, serving drinks to many gorgeous models... with his shirt open. Oh, that guy. He's even getting drunk. If he does something unethical, he's dead.

"Suzy!" Yoseob called out. I saw him running toward us with open arms from a distance. Ah, he wants a hug. I spread my arms out, ready to hug him.

"Suzy! I finally get to—" Before he could reach me, Kwangmin blocked me and electrocuted Yoseob. 

"Nuh-uh. I told you not to drop her," said Kwangmin as he stared down at Yoseob who was burnt black, lying on the floor.

"I'm sorry, Suzy," Yoseob weakly said. "It's just that Kwangmin put so much pressure on me!"

"I don't care." Kwangmin mercilessly shocked him again. Aw, that gotta hurt! I helped Yoseob up and made him lie down on the couch. 

"Thanks, Suzy." Yoseob did a crooked smile. By the look of it, it was very painful for him to do such a miniscule action. 

I turned to Kwangmin and said, "Don't be so hard on him, the fall wasn't so bad." Well, I had no bruises and such but it did hurt quite a bit.

Joon appeared out of the blue with a big bottle of beer dangling on his hand. "Here, give this to Yoseob and he'll awake from his slumber!" Yup, he's drunk.

"Well?" Joon asked impatiently and nudged me. "Let him drink it!"

I stared at him weirdly. He gave me a derp face in return.

"Dude, go away." Kwangmin got the beer bottle from me and gave it to some random model that was passing by. "I can't have you anywhere near alcohol especially when it's coming from Joon. The last time you became drunk—" he paused for a moment and rubbed his face in disgust over that memory. In the end, he didn't finish his sentence and just shook his head. 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. It was my mother. 

"Suzy, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure, Mom."

She led me to a random table where a couple of foreign people sat. They were truly people with class with their luxurious and obviously branded clothing and expensive jewelry. 

"Everyone, this is my daughter, Suzy." 

"Hello, everyone," I politely said as Mom and I took our seats. They gave me smiles that had some hints of fascination. I can sense modelling agency vibes from them.

"These people here want to hire you into their modelling agency. In Paris," Mom said with sparkling eyes. Here we go again, putting her dreams on her daughter. 

"I'm sorry but I have to reject this offer," I simply said and stood up, not wanting to deal with any argument whatsoever. My words were crisp and clear and I am sure of my decision. 

Mom grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me back to the table, almost in an abusive manner. "You are accepting this offer."

"No, I am not."

"Yes, you are!" She raged like a fire breathing dragon. "I am your mother and this is final!" Silence broke out when Mom screamed. I just kept quiet to avoid any other outbursts from her. 

The noise eventually went back and the French guys gave my mother a few sheets of paper. It was my contract to that agency. Mother got a pen and slammed it angrily on top of the paper. "Sign it," she strictly said.

I stared at the contract, completely unwilling to sign it. Kwangmin, who was watching afar, gave me a look of uncertainty. He didn't know whether to rudely intrude or to just let me be. I let my wrinkled brows, enlarged eyes of fury and gritted teeth give him the answer. He nodded, grabbed Yoseob, positioned him a few feet away from the table, made him turn into a banana then approached us while holding a tray of refreshments. What exactly is he planning?

"Excuse me, would you like something to drink?" Kwangmin offered. 

"No, thank you," Everyone said.

"Okay, then." Kwangmin shrugged and left. That's it? What's the banana for?! 

"Whoops!" Kwangmin monotonously said as he purposely slipped on the banana.

"Ow!" The banana A.K.A. Yoseob yelled but it was ignored because everyone was too focused on the completely soaked up modelling contract. 

"Sorry, my bad." Kwangmin said blankly with no remorse. 

"Party's over!" Mom declared. Unable to control her anger, she left the lounge and soon, the other people exited as well. By the time the place was empty with only the six of us plus Minzy were left, it was a mess. We didn't bother cleaning up anymore 'cause we were extremely tired. Taemin decided to carry the sleepy Minzy back home while Youngmin took the already asleep Yoseob upstairs to tuck him in. Joon just commanded himself to drag himself back to his bed and sleep. As for Kwangmin and I, we stayed behind and sat on the table where the contract was. 

Kwangmin lifted the damp piece of paper with his thumb and index finger and asked, "So she wants you to go to Paris?"

I simply nodded, trying to hold in my tears. 

"Well, do you want to?"

"Of course, I don't but as you said, she does."

"But as you said, you don't."

"You don't get it, do you? She becomes psycho when an opportunity like this happens. She'll just keep coming back with a truck load of contracts! I have no say on this at all!" I slammed my fist onto the table and soon began to cry. 

"We'll do something about this, alright?" Kwangmin pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. The warmth of his embrace soothed me but not completely. Still, it was better than nothing. I don't want to go to Paris, I really don't.


Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it~! :D