Chapter 1: The Doll Has Arrived

The Lux of Love

[Suzy's POV]

I stood in front of my boss, Jo Kwon and handed him my letter of resignation. 

"Are you sure? You do know that you're one of the top models in this prestigious modeling agency." He reconfirmed.

"I am aware of this but I just cannot handle the backbreaking work." I said with all honesty. I really couldn't handle the jampacked schedules that were being assigned to me as well as flying back and forth from Seoul to whatever country. 

"Alright, if this is what you want." 

"Thank you."

He looked at me with concern. "So, what do you plan on doing now?"

I shook my head hopelessly. "I dunno."

"Say, why don't you work at my friend's store as a salesperson. It's less backbreaking and he gives a good pay." He suggested and I agreed. He wrote down the store's address on a piece of paper and told me to go there immediately.

"Diva"... The owner must be a total diva, I'm sure that this girl's a really high-fashion designer. I mean, the store's name just screams editorial and chic. 

I entered the store to be welcomed by a rather happy guy. 

"HELLO, SUZY~! WELCOME TO DIVA!" He excitedly greeted me with a fierce model pose. I was dumbfounded, it looked so cheap, so... ssanti.

"Your boss already called. So you want to be a salesperson here, am I right?" He added.

"Yes, actually, I-"

"No, no, no, NO! I have better plans for you." After cutting me, without hesitation, he grabbed my hand and took me to the dressing room and started flinging cute and frilly clothes at my face. "Wear these and I'll be waiting for you by the counter.~" The diva then clapped twice and strutted back to the counter. Damn, I could hear his man heels clacking with such perfect rhythm. He sure is a true diva.

The knee high dress was cute and doll-like. I don't mind wearing this since I've typically worn so many difference styles of fashion. When I got out of the dressing room, Key was so amazed that he hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe. He then curled my hair elegantly and flung his mannequin to an extremely large trash bin.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed in shock. He literally just flung it like that!

"You're replacing my mannequin, dear." Oh, so this is what he had in store for me. To be his new "mannequin" for display. 

"Exactly... How long am I supposed to stand still here?" It better not be long.

"I dunno, three hours?" THREE HOURS?! Well, being the well-trained professional model that I am, I've been through worse conditions than this. This is better than lying down on ice for a whole day and wearing ballerina heels for forty hours.

And so, I stood there, immobile and just stared at the random people that passed by until one cute boy caught my eye. He had blonde hair, just like me and was childishly skipping his way towards the store. Wait, now that I look at him closely, he seems to be older than me! Wow, he's got a gift.

"Wow! That's a cute mannequin! Mister Key, can I buy it?" The blonde boy asked while jumping up and down.

At the time, Key was stressed and was extremely occupied in paying the store's bills and just said, "Okay! Just leave 100,000 won here!" What?! Did he forget that I'm a person too? Also, why the hell am I just worth 100,00 won? I'm priceless, I tell ya.

"Thank you, thank you~!" The blonde boy then put his earphones on, skipped happily and stood in front of me. 

"You're a really cute mannequin, you know that? If you were a real girl, I would date you!" He said and gave me a hug. I'm screwed, he really believes that I'm actually a mannequin. 

"Hmm, you're very warm, too!" He then began to carry me around and people were giving me suspicious looks.

"Uhm, excuse me." I tapped his shoulder but he was too busy listening to music.

"EXCUSE ME." I punched his back but he was just really too engrossed.

"Wow, this doll is getting heavier..." He said, thinking that my punch was additional weight.  Anyway, I just played along and pretended to be a mannequin all throughout.

After sometime, we arrived at a place called "Lux". I think it's a host lounge kind of thing since there are handsome waiters and employees. 

"I'm BACK! And Just before opening, too." The blonde boy yelled happily and four handsome men walked up to him. He then put me down for the other four to look at. Apparently, I am, once again being used as a decoration.

"So, whaddya think?" Suddenly, the blonde boy stood beside me and... MORPHED HIMSELF TO LOOK LIKE ME!? I was so shocked that my eyes grew extremely big.

"Wow, she has really big eyes." A red-haired guy looked closely at me. In fact, it was too close for comfort. 

After that, the twins stood beside me and caressed my hair. "She looks so much like the famous model, Bae Suzy!" The blonde twin said.

"Hey bro, let's mess this thing up!" The black haired twin smirked and began to emit lightning from his hands and the blonde one harnessed water. I'm dead meat, must compose myself... must compose myself!

"Noooo!" The blonde boy yelled, still in the form of being my clone. I was about to move until a force field blocked me.

"Guys, please. Yoseob brought this beautiful doll just for us." The red haired one protected me and I owe him a lot for that. 

A masculine and chic guy then stood beside the red haired one. "Split." He simply said and the twins were forced to do very painful splits. Ouch! Wait, did he just... manipulate their actions?! Seriously, what is wrong with this place?!

I began to tremble and the masculine one noticed that. He looked into my eyes and smirked. "Truth." He said.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed so loud and panted hard.

Everyone was astonished because of my scream. "Well that was a rather... unusual way to tell the truth." The masculine one laughed at me.

"Hey, you! This isn't funny. What's going on?" I asked him.

He walked towards me and said, "This is the Lux Lounge, home of the most handsome and extraordinary men ever. Haven't you heard of us?" 

"No." I blankly said.

"Why, you!" He was about to attack me until the black haired twin electrocuted him.

I let out a sigh of relief and gave the black haired twin a high-five. "Thanks."

He gave me a wink. "No prob, Suzy." 

Yoseob then went near me. "Wow! So you're really Bae Suzy." 

I nodded and looked at him from head to toe. "Uhm... I would like it better if you would go change yourself back or to anything that's not me." 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Yoseob went back to his original form and the masculine one ordered the twins to stop splitting thus, ending their punishment.

"Hello, I'm Taemin. How did this dimwit mistook you for a mannequin?" Taemin said while pressing his fist against Yoseob'

I told them everything, how I needed a job since I quit modeling and how Key just sold me to the shallow Yoseob. I also told them every single thing that Yoseob said and did to me and they all started laughing like maniacs.

"YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED TO DATE HER?!" The twins continuously rolled on the floor as they pointed at Yoseob whose face was turning red from both shyness and anger.

I patted Yoseob's back and sarcastically said a message with a hidden meaning, "It's aryt. You didn't know that I was an actual person anyway and even bought me for 100,000 won." 

He pouted cutely. "I'm sorry. I didn't know." I pinched his cheeks and smiled. "It's alright." 

"Hey, since you're looking for a job, why not just work here as our only waitress?" The masculine one suggested.

"That's a bright idea!" Taemin nodded in approval.

"Are you guys sure?" I asked.

"Yeah!" They all said in unison.

"Awesome, then I am your new waitress." 

"Great! I'm Joon by the way and the blonde one is Youngmin and the black haired one is Kwangmin." He shook my hand and smiled brightly at me. I almost melted on the spot.

I feel like this will be very interesting for me. Working with five attractive and humorous guys who would probably treat me well. I'm so excited about my first day on the job tomorrow, I just can't wait!