Fix

Unrequited
N POV~
 
Leo came back only minutes before the bell rang to let them out for lunch, gathering his things. He tells the teacher some story about how he had gotten suddenly ill. He avoided N's gaze the whole rest of the class period, jetting past N as soon as the teacher dismisses them to go eat.
 
N wanted to catch up with him but regrettably let him go. He had told Hongbin he would do something for him today. Thanks to Jaehwan's flailing carelessness, N had to have a statue fixed instead of cornering Leo in a bathroom or something.
 
"Binnie. Did you bring that broken statue?" N asks as they pack up their things and head to the school cafe.
 
"Actually yeah." Hongbin pulls out a little box with the statue inside and hands it to N. "Do you really think you can get it fixed?"
 
"Like brand new." N grins as he, Hongbin, and Ken go into the cafe. Ravi and Hyuk are already waiting at a table, talking. Hyuk waves them over and Ken runs so fast to Ravi that he trips and slides across the table, tackling Ravi out of his chair by accident.
 
"Ow... I missed you too Jaehwan." Ravi laughs and helps his boyfriend up after he stands. N notices Ravi give him a weird look as N climbs onto the table. A good percentage of the guys in the room had already been staring at N. Now he had everyone's attention. Even, he noticed, Leo's.
 
"Hey! Anyone here taking an advanced metal working class?" N calls, holding out the box and giving the cutest little sad puppy dog look he could manage. "I really really want this fixed but heavy machinery scares me..." Around 20 people stood and N scanned their faces, stopping at Byoungjun. Last year Byoungjun had confessed to N by hand making N the prettiest bouquet of metal roses N had ever seen. He said they were everlasting like his love for N. N had secretly wondered when both would rust. If anyone could do a good job on Hongbin's statue it was him.
 
"Please fix this." N hopped off of the table and made his way over to Byoungjun. He held out the box as he bowed politely, smiling at him. "I'll owe you one."
 
"Anything for you." Byoungjun grins and kisses N's cheek. N blushes and bows again.
 
"Thank you Byoungjun. You're a life saver. Please handle it with care. It's special to me." N kisses Byoungjun's cheek in return and goes back to his friends without the box, feeling triumphant. He notices Leo watching him as he sits down next to Ravi. His expression was dark. N wondered if Leo really hated him that badly. The thought almost made his heart hurt but he wasn't going to give up until Leo said he hated him for certain.
 
Leo POV~
 
When Leo had watched N cross his legs while sitting on his desk his mind went blank. He simultaneously felt the urge to touch N and the need to run away. He let the instinct to flee win over his carnal wishes.
 
His encounter with Hyuk in the hallway had left him feeling even more confused. He shouldn't care that other guys looked at N. He certainly shouldn't care that N had a love interest. But when N jumped up on the table Leo couldn't look away.
 
N was so pretty as he pouted and begged for help. Leo had to stop his mind from daydreaming about N begging him personally, his lush, cute lips puffed out at him... No. No no no. Those thoughts were off limits, not allowed.
 
Leo shook his head violently and cleared his mind in time to see Byoungjun kiss N's cheek. When N kisses his cheek in return Leo felt a twinge of jealousy. He wants to pull N away from that guy and never let him go. Is Byoungjun the one N loves? Not that it mattered to Leo... It didn't! Or... Well... It shouldn't...
 
He shook his head and tried to knock N out of his thoughts again but he caught himself watching the tanned teen returning to his friends. N sits beside Ravi who puts his arm around N's shoulders, hugging him to his side. Ravi says something and N blushes and laughs, smacking at him playfully.
 
Leo remembers what Hyuk had said about Ravi having asked N out once. Did he still have those feelings? Was N safe sharing a room with him? Suddenly Leo hated Ravi.
 
Ravi POV~
 
Hyuk told them about his interaction with Leo when N skipped off to talk to Byoungjun. It made Ravi nervous to hear that Leo was inquiring about N. What was his motivation? Ravi didn't like it. N could get hurt this way.
 
"Ooo. What if he likes him?" Ken sounds excited. Ravi loved Ken to death but at the moment he wanted to smack him.
 
"I think so too." Hongbin nods thoughtfully and turns to Ken. "Should we fix them up? Hakyeon would be so happy."
 
"No!" Ravi slams a hand down on the table, making his friends jump. "Look. If Taekwoon says he likes Hakyeon, then feel free to set them up. But if not... Don't either of you dare tell him about any of this. Hakyeon doesn't need to get his hopes up any higher than they already are. It'll only hurt him worse when that jerk tells him to stuff it."
 
"But Wonshik!" Ken starts to whine and Ravi shakes his head. He loved Ken but if the moron got N hurt, their relationship would be over.
 
"He's right." Hyuk decides, rubbing Hongbin's cheek. "I'll try to dig a little deeper to find out more about Taekwoon's intentions towards Hakyeon." Hongbin pouts.
 
"Fine." Hongbin sighs and leans against Hyuk as N walks back over and sits next to Ravi. Ravi wrapped his arm around N. There was no way he was going to let anyone make N's beautiful smile disappear.
 
Ken POV~
 
He was a little disappointed that he couldn't tell N that Leo wanted his dingly dangly. But he supposed his boyfriend was right. If Leo didn't really like N and N thought he did it would break N's heart. Oh well. He'd just have to forget he even heard that Leo was asking about N.
 
"Byoungjun is going to fix your statue, Hongbin." N smiles and Ken sighs in relief. He was pretty sure Hongbin knew he broke the statue. And if it didn't get fixed Hongbin would probably destroy the cave of knowledge! Ken wondered if Hongbin would be cool with calling their dorm room that... Ken could make a sign! Or a banner! Or better yet... A wall sized poster!
 
"You're such a cute little flirt." Ravi grins at N and N blushes and laughs, slapping Ravi's shoulder. Ken was used to how friendly Ravi was with N. They were like best friends or something. And N was cute so it wasn't like Ravi had said anything weird. Ken wondered if N wanted a superhero costume too...
 
"Hakyeon!" He reached out and held his friend's hands dramatically. "Do you... Like capes?"
 
"No Jaehwan!" Hongbin smacks Ken's hand before N can answer.
 
"But Hongbin!" Ken pouts. He just really wanted to wear a dang cape... Especially if it were windy. A cape flapping in the wind... He didn't care what Hongbin said. Their outfits were getting capes!
 
Hongbin POV~
 
He knew what Ken was thinking and he didn't like it. He didn't want to wear a cape or a unitard. He just seriously hoped Ken didn't suddenly become some expert seamstress.
 
"Anyway..." Hongbin wanted to get the topic off of Ken's insane superhero idea as quickly as possible. "Thanks for getting my statue fixed. This time I'm keeping it on a shelf that Jaehwan can't reach." N and Ken both choked on the blended ice coffees Ravi had ordered them and looked at Hongbin in vast disbelief.
 
"You knew!" They yelled simultaneously. N reaches across the table to punch Hongbin in the arm.
 
"I owe Byoungjun a favor now! You could have told me you knew before that!" N glares at Hongbin and then reaches around Ravi to punch Ken's arm. "And you! Stop breaking stuff! I am so done covering for you!"
 
"I just really wanted my statue fixed. Sorry" Hongbin laughs and snuggles against Hyuk as Ken wails and holds his arm.
 
"Wonshik! Hakyeon is a being a Spongebob Meaniepants!" Ken clings to Ravi and Hongbin rolls his eyes as Ravi starts to scold Ken for blaming things on N.
 
Hongbin looks at Hyuk who had stayed mostly silent and notices him watching someone. Hyuk was watching Leo whom seemed to be either constipated or giving N a death glare. Hongbin felt awful for his boyfriend. But Hyuk seemed worried about Leo. Hongbin guessed they must have started a friendship. He hopes Hyuk could help Leo so that Hyuk's year would go smoothly in his dorm room and Leo wouldn't make him suffer.
 
Hyuk POV~
 
Hyuk wrapped his arms around Hongbin's waist as their food is delivered. He and Ravi had ordered for the other three when they got there first. Hyuk sees a letter on the plate with N's food and rolls his eyes.
 
"They never stop, do they?" He asks as N picks up the letter and starts to read it, blushing.
 
"I don't mind. Everyone is entitled to how their heart feels. And it's flattering to be trusted with something as sacred as love." N shrugs as he gets out paper and a pen to write a polite refusal. Hyuk notices Ravi roll his eyes and scoot away from N slightly to poke at Ken's side. Ken giggles and smacks at him as Ken eats a french fry.
 
"You're pretty special, Hakyeon. Most people would be sick of it by now." Hongbin laughs and shakes his head. Hyuk glances over to Leo's table in time to see him give N an almost sad look, walking out the cafe door.
 
Were Hongbin and Ken right? Did Leo have feelings for N? But Leo had always made it known he wasn't into guys. And Hyuk had heard him talking on the phone to a girl a few times. From the phone conversations, Hyuk had figured that the girl and Leo were a couple. He didn't want to make Leo feel awkward and ask him... But he wanted to help Leo with whatever was bothering him. Especially if it involved N.