9: Blocked

Living as a Vampire

SEOHYUN

Everyone was busy fighting enemies here, "Jessica--" I heard Tiffany calling her. I winced and saw Jessica fighting a scary creature, "Go! Save Sulli, now!" Jessica shouted. I run into Sulli, who's lying on the ground and unconscious. "Sulli, wake up." I shaked her but she's not responding.

 

"Seohyun," Tiffany came and we picked her up, "Come on, we have to..." She stopped as we saw something above. A big debris fall in front of us, "Oh no." She whispered. I was going to hug them and close my eyes, but instead of that, I raised my one arm in the air. Then a loud crash...

 

Tiffany was shocked, I am too. Instead of being crushed by the debris, it was blocked by a force coming from me. "SEOHYUN!" They shouted and run to us, they are shocked too. I turn my head to them, "I... I don't know about this okay? It just came up." I explain.

 

"Catharine." I heard Yoona muttered, "You came back." She added. My eyes went on her, then she used her lightning shock on me but it didn't work. "What the hell, Yoona!" Hyoyeon spat, "Are you goin' to kill her?!" 

 

"Look, Yoona's power didn't work to her." Sunny said, "You have discovered your ability." Taeyeon commented, still in shock. "M-My power?" I looked to my hands, still confused.

 

"So this is your power be like." Victoria smirked, "And that's why I'm not able to read your mind." Yuri added.

 

"Because you have an ability to block it." Said Luna, "No time for dilly-dally, let's go." Krystal said. "Sooyoung, burn this warehouse." Taeyeon ordered, "Yeah." then she breathe fire and all the experiments was destroyed. We all went outside and get back to our apartment before some men will catch us.

 

~~

 

"Okay, Sulli. Explain us what did the scientist do to you?" Krystal asked.

 

After 4 hours of waiting for her to wake up, we tried to interrogate her. "They... put something inside me, they said that I'm a perfect example to test their elixir." she said with a low voice, "And then, they tried to shut me up by using electric shocks." she cried and hugged Krystal. "It's okay now, your safe." Amber said and patted her back.

 

Taeyeon's eyes went on mine, she's now serious. "Seohyun, can we talk something... privately?" I just nodded by her words, she started to walk and I followed her. As we went to a room, she pick out the key in her pocket and unlocked the padlock on the door, we went inside and I was amazed. There are beautiful paintings inside in this room.

 

"Taeyeon, did you painted all of these?" I asked, "Yeah, when I'm alone, I tried to paint some things in my mind. I express my feelings while painting it." she said. "So how many paintings do you have?"

 

"Hundreds, I sold some of them to earn money, some are stacked on the basement." she said and removed the white blanket on the frame, I saw a painting with her and the others, "Beautiful, right?" she smiled as she looked on the large frame. They're wearing white gowns like they were in the wedding.

 

 

"Yeah." I answered, I recognized all of them except the girl on the upper left. "Who's the girl behind Tiffany?" I asked as I pointed to that girl, "She's Catharine de Azul." she answered. "The eldest among us, she saved us long time ago." she added, "So, where she is now?" I asked. She looked down, "She's gone." she said. "I'm sorry to hear that." I apologized.

 

"No, it's okay." She smiled again, "When did you painted this?" I asked. "Let me think... Hmm, 1630, I guess." 

 

"That's... wow." Unbelievable, she's still preserved this for many centuries. "Can't believe that I still kept this kind of painting?" She asked. "Yeah." I just answered, she smirked.

 

"You look like Catharine, but you're different than her." She said, "What do you mean?" I asked. "You're more innocent than her, Catherine was way more dangerous than anyone of us." She explained. "But she won't kill human just for hunger, she never sided the Volturi ever since she was turned."

 

"Catharine is a human too?"

 

She nodded, "She makes a big mistake for being a part of Volturi, she regretted all of it, she stopped killing human and feed herself in the blood of animal. She already know that the blood of animal can't satisfy her hunger, but she forced herself not to kill human and lived by drinking animal's blood."

 

"She's more than a to act but she's kind and good to humans. The Volturi can't read her mind, she can block her minds from reading it, the powers of the Volturi can't work for her because she's a gift."

 

"A gift?" I asked.

 

"Yes, every six centuries there will be a child born with a gift that can resist the power of the vampires. The ancient coven waited for six centuries and they found her, they found Catharine, carrying the gift that God gave her. They waited the time to turn her, and be like one of them."

 

"After that, six centuries pass again, a second gifted was born... and it was you." She turn her eyes to me, "What's the purpose of the gift?" I asked. She smirked, "That gift can be use by good or evil, if a gifted used it in a wrong way, there would be a disaster." She answered.

 

"I have to use my gift for good." I said, she agreed. "Don't do it by your words, do it by your actions." She adviced. "Thanks for the advice." I thanked.

 

She smirked again and was going to walk out of the room, "Taeyeon," I called her out. She turn around with an eyebrow raised, "What happened to you before you were turned?" I asked. "Why should I tell you about that?" She said, "To know who you are." I answer.

 

I want to know who you are Taeyeon, I want to know you all, and I want to know about Catharine de Azul...

 

 

YOONA

 

I heard it, I heard everything what Taeyeon said to her. Catharine was not a and that's true, Taeyeon is lying. She was covering up Catharine's true identity to her, to make her believe that she's different than her. No, they're the same.

 

The way Seohyun acts was just the same as Catharine, what is she planning to? 

 

Anger was building up inside me, she still a liar, Taeyeon is a liar!

 

"I'll tell you next time." I heard Taeyeon and went out of the room, she stared at me for a moment then she smirked. "Don't glare at me like that, I don't have time to argue with you." Then she leaves.

 

I went inside then saw her staring at the large frame, "Staring at my beautiful face, huh?" I greeted with a smile. She startled and see me standing beside her, "N-No, I was just amazed." She answered. I smiled again, "Hey, I'm sorry for hitting you an electric shock lately." I apologized.

 

"No, its okay. i'm fine." She smiled back.

 

That smile, she really came back.

 

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked, "Yeah sure." I answered. "Where do you live before you guys live in Korea?" She questioned, "Well, I was born in Ellenford, a land where the tyrant lives..."

 

"How about the others?"

 

"They lived in Florence, I was the only one who's the outsider." I said while fixing the paintings, "I was an orphan then, I escaped from the orphanage and lived by my own. I knew that my family died in the war, and I was the only one survived."

 

"Please tell me the whole story." She said. I smiled and sit in front of her, "I like to tell people about myself." I said. "I'm not like Taeyeon, telling her story next time." I smirked.

 

I took a breath, "I was an orphan and eventually a poor girl stealing money and foods just to live, my life is unfair then. When I was like your age, I was aware of the massacre and they tried to kill me, so I leave the town of Ellenford. I met Catharine, she gaveme shelter, food and beautiful dresses. She's like a mother, a sister and a friend. She's so innocent and kind, but I didn't know that she has a secret. She never mentioned that she lived in Florence, a place where high-class vampires live."

 

"One night, I followed her anonymously. I knew that she lived in that place, full of vampires, full of bloodsucking demons. I found myself in horror, they found out that she has a human friend, and that was me. Aro, the leader of Volturi, gave her a choice, she will turn me or I will be killed by my blood out. Catharine was a wise vampire, she choose to kill me but then she repay it. I drink her blood and turn me into one of them."

 

"Not all of us was turned by the Volturi, I was the only one who turned by Catharine." And that was the story ended...

 

"So you lied to me?"

 

I startled by that voice, I turn around and saw Yuri who's glaring at me. We stood up, "Yuri, this is not..." I was going to say something but she quickly strangled me. "How could you lied to me for so long, Yoona? Why you didn't told us that you're the only one Catharine turned?!" Her eyes went red in anger.

 

"Yuri, stop!" Seohyun said, "Stay away, kid. You don't know anything about us!" She shouted causing her to startle. "Please don't make me do this again." I whispered, she tighten her grip in my neck. 

 

"Answer me!" She shouted again.

 

"Because if I tell you, you're going to get jealous with me." I answered, she scoffed. "Of course I am! But then you spilled out the truth, I get more jealous than anyone here."

 

"Is that why you want to get close with me?" I asked. That question made her stopped.

 

I smirked and touched her arm and used electric shock to her. She groan and stayed away, "I said, don't make me do this again." I said. She's going to punch me and I was going to use my powers when Seohyun popped in between and uses her power to avoide us from hitting each other.

 

"I said stop! Why you guys keep on fighting?" Seohyun's angry voice made me goosebumps, "You don't know anything about us, Seohyun. You're just a fledgeling who don't know about us!" Yuri yelled. "What?" Now she's confused.

 

"Don't listen to her, Seohyun. She's just angry." I told her, "Listen to me, Seo Joohyun. You're just a fledgeling, you're just a ing, nonsense and useless fledgeling!"

 

"ENOUGH!" Seohyun yelled and pushed her outside, Yuri laughed. "That's right, you're useless. A girl who just turned because she's afraid to die!"

 

"Don't you dare to say that to me because you don't know me either!" Now she's strangling her, "Stop, Seohyun. You're going to kill her." I pulled her back but she's too strong. She turned to me and I saw her eyes were crimson red.

 

"I'm going to kill her! Let me go!" She roared and trying to let go, "No!" I answer.

 

Just in time when Tiffany and Sunny came, "What's happening here?" Tiffany asked. "No time to explain, help me out!" I called out while still pulling Seohyun out of Yuri. Sunny rushed to Yuri and removed her from Seohyun, Tiffany helped me to calm her but she's so agitated.

 

"LET ME GO!" She still yelling, "How can we calm her?" Tiffany said. "I don't know." 

 

"Kiss her, Yoona. Try to kiss her!" She said, I quickly shook my head. "No! I don't want to kiss her again!" I disagreed, "Come on! She can't remember what happened about this." She insisted.

 

I kissed her in her cheeks and few moments later, she passed out. We carried her to her room and placed her to the bed. Tiffany crossed her arms and winced at me, "I need an explanation, now." She said. "I tell you what happened later." I rolled my eyes and went outside.

 

That was the very first time she got mad, she's very strong and uncontrollable self. 

 

 

---

Hello again! New update here!

I'll be very busy next week because I have an exams to pass, so its going to be really busy.

So enjoy! ^_^