27: Shop 'Til They Drop

Living as a Vampire

 

STEPHANIE

 

"Why the do you have to go with us?" I gave a glare to her, "Why you have to cuss everytime you ask?" Taeyeon shot back.

 

"Come on guys, we have to watch a movie!" Said Tiffany who planned going to the mall with Shorty and JessiCat. I hate her idea. "It's free day Friday, so we have a lot of fun!" she added, "Fun? Is this what you called fun? Going to the mall with Shorty and Jessica?" I complained. I heard Jessica smirk, "What's the matter, Stephanie? You don't like having arguments with Taeyeon?"

 

I looked straight to the Shorty, "I don't have the mood to argue with Shorty." I said then I rolled my eyes. "Uhh, what? I can't hear you. Can you repeat it for me?" The Shorty said acting like she didn't heard it, I groan and fasten my pace. "Steph, I want you to enjoy this. There's no fun having drinking alcohol in the strip clubs or bars." Tiffany reminds me.

 

"We're different, sister. You, go to the malls and spending money to buy accesories and dresses. Me, go to the clubs and spending my money to drink alcohol and having fun of my victims." I said to her. "Yeah, we're different. But that doesn't mean we're in our own hobbies forever, come on, Stephanie. Try to step on my world and see what it feels like." she said.

 

"Oh, I already stepped in since you drag me out of the bed, waking me up at 8 in the morning and you also dragged this Smidget and this Catwoman to have some fun time going to the mall." I retort, then she stopped and faced me. Her face went darker and pretty annoyed. Then...

 

Punch.

 

"Ow!" I almost fell on the ground as she punched me on the face, "What the , Tiffany? Why the did you punch me?" I glared at her. "Why do you have to cuss every words you said?" Jessica asked with a smirked, "For once, Stephanie, try to be nice. Just for once!" Tiffany said to me. "Why you have to punch me?" I asked her, "Take that as a lesson by the next time you try to be rude in a bad time."

 

I smirked and wiped a little blood from my lips, "Okay, I'll try." Then she smiled eventually, "Good. Now we have to go to the hair salon." Shorty and I say a big, "WHAT?"

 

My twin turned around, "I have to change the color of my hair then Taeyeon and Stephanie have some good haircut, too." She said with a smile. "I'm good." We said again then we looked to each other, "We're good." Shorty said, "Yeah, we're good." I added. "How about you, Jessi? Want a new haircut?" She asked her girlfriend, but she shook her head and said, "I'm good, no need."

 

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Then she pulled our arms...

 

 

And then there it is, we headed to the hair salon and we've got new haircut. My hair is not jet black anymore but a chocolate brown, while my sister-- as I expected, khaki brown hair that suits her well. After that, I looked on the mirror. I'm like Tiffany... of course, she's my twin! What the am I saying?

 

"See? You looked more human." She complimented as she smiled at me, "I hate this." I muttered. She grin, "Just love your own hair, Steph. Be thankful your hair is now beautiful." Then she went to the Shorty's cubicle. I wonder what haircut would suit for a smidget like her. "Wow, you look... gorgeous!" I heard Tiffany in the next cubicle, then she went to me again. "Come, Stephanie! Look on Taeyeon's hair." She pulled me out of the chair and went on the Shorty's cubicle.

 

"I'm sure she looked like witch." I smirked, "How rude." Tiffany commented. As we went on her cubicle, I saw her new long black hair. "Look, Tae-Tae. Look how beautiful Stephanie's hair." Tiffany said, I heard her smirk. "For sure, she looked like..." then she turned around making her hair flipped and saw her face. So beautiful, flawless and ageless face. What the am I talking about? Oh ! 

 

When she saw my face, I think she's a little stunned and so am I. "...a princess." The Shorty finished what she said then gasped and looked away, I noticed Tiffany's meaningful smile. "I-I mean-- she looked... a b-bit princess." And now the Shorty stuttered. I snorted and rolled my eyes, "You look like a white husky." I commented to her.

 

"Thanks for the compliment." Then she got up from the chair with a little embarassment on her face, like I won in the make-up battle. Hell yeah, I win. Thanks to Tiffany even though I really hate wearing make-ups.

 

Then Jessica came in and brought some Starbucks coffee, as she looked to Tiffany, she was stunned. "Wow, you look... pretty." The ice princess commented, my sister smirked anf flipped her khaki brown hair, "I'm always pretty, Jessi. You know that." She bragged then grin. She is not really good of bragging her beauty.

 

"So... what's our next destination?" Shorty asked Tiffany, then her eyes curved as she smiled. "Wanna buy some new dress?" She asked while her eyes are still curve. I gave her a scowl look, "What the-- Hey!" Then she suddenly pulled my arms...

 

 

Then we went to the store called Forever 21. I looked around and saw beautiful dresses, disgusted and amazed at the same time. "Wow! I liked this dress." Tiffany said as she grabbed the striped dress with a red ribbon at the back, then she turned to me, "Do you like the dresses here, Steph?" She asked.

 

"This place makes me more disgusting than the hair salon." I commented, then she suddenly stump my foot. "Ow! What did I do this time?" I complained as I glared at her. "Oops, sorry. I heard a rude comment coming from the devil." Then she grinned. I growled at her, she just smiled. "Oh look, try this." Then she handed me a black dress with white polka dots on the top, "What am I going to do with this?" Then studied the dress. She just rolled her eyes and pushed me on the fitting room, "You're going to wear it, now go to the fitting room." 

 

"But--"

 

"No buts. No complaints. No retorts. Or I'll tell Taeyeon you--" She threatened, "Okay, okay! I'll wear it!" Then I groan loudly and went inside of the fitting room. After wearing it, I went out of the fitting room, "Here, are you happ-- what the ?" I cussed suddenly as I saw Tiffany wearing the same dress but white colored with black polka dots on the top. She smiled again, "See? You look beautiful." She said as she went closer to me. "I look horrible." I muttered. "No, you're not. You look dazzling as mine." She said and holds my hand, "Just be positive, okay? You look like me."

 

No words come out of my mouth as she said that. Well, she's right. I'm so negative. Why try to be positive sometimes? "Tiffany, is it okay for me?" Shorty went out of the fitting room and saw us two. For the second time, we stunned at each other. She is wearing striped off-shoulder dress. "Oh! You look pretty in that dress, Taetae." She said to her. "Really?" Then she looked down to her dress again. "Thanks."

 

"Wow, you look... a little p-pretty." As I said that to Shorty, I looked away. Tiffany easily noticed it, then giggled. "Are you finished?" Jessica came in and saw us, then Tiffany nodded. "Let's go to the shoe section." she said, giving me a groan...

 

 

After shopping all the new clothes, we went to the cafe to have some refreshments. "I noticed something." Jessica started then she looked to me and Shorty, "You two aren't having arguments lately, what's the problem?" I noticed that, since we shopped for five hours we didn't argue to each other. How nice.

 

"Uhh... just a coincidence?" Shorty said who is sitting beside me.

 

I saw Tiffany's meaningful smile again, I just rolled my eyes and looked away. "So, Taeyeon." Jessica called the Shorty, "Hm?" She respond. "Since we're only four of us here in the table... Who is your ideal type of a person?" She asked the Shorty about that, I looked to her. She looked awkward as the Catwoman asked her.

 

"What are you asking that kind of question?" Said the Shorty then awkwardly laughed, "To know who really is your ideal type." The Ice Princess answered. "Okay, uhh... where do I start?" 

 

"Where do you start is where did you live and why?" I interrupt then I snorted, then they just ignored my interruption. Great. "My ideal type is... you know, a human, a fun-loving person, kind, generous, always accepts of what I am and a naughty one." Then she smiled after that. So none of it is one of my traits. Tiffany looked to me, she noticed I was looking away from Shorty.

 

Ouch.

 

That is the only word I could find on my head, it's starting to kill me now. "Why do you ask for it, Jessica?" She asked her, "You know, for us to hear." She answered with a slight smile. No, for me to hear. What the am I saying? "How about you, Steph? Do you have any ideal person?" Tiffany snapped out of my consciousness.

 

"M-My ideal type?" I said as I pointed myself, then grin. "I don't have any ideal type." Actually I have, but I don't want them to know. "Why?" Jessica asked, "Because I hate it." I just answered.

 

I noticed Shorty shrugged at my answer, "You don't have any ideal type, really?" Tiffany repeated. I sighed and looked to her, "Yes." Then I rolled my eyes. "Come on, guys. She's Stephanie Hwang, she's naturally have 90% of don'ts and hates." The Shorty said, I just snorted, "And she's Taeyeon "Shorty" Kim, she's artificially have 90% of being a smidget and a ert." I shot back then glared at her.

 

"Stephanie is the only person that I can argue with." Shorty added, "Shorty is the only smidget who started the argument." I added with a smirk. "What do you say, Shorty?" I winked at her making her growled and looked away, "I hate this." She muttered, which obviously heard by us...

 

As we go back to the boarding house, "So, Steph. How's the feeling of stepping on my world?" Tiffany asked as we go inside of our room. "Um, honestly, it's fun." I smiled at her and she smiled back, "See? You and Taeyeon didn't have any arguments earlier." Said Tiffany.

 

"Pfft. Yeah, and it was just a coincidence." I said with a shrug, "And you look so down when she said her ideal type." she eventually giving me a meaningful grin. "Wha-- I'm not." I denied, "Then why are you looking down lately?" she asked as she placed the shopping bags on her bed. "Nothing. I just got bored, you know." I lied, then she gave me a suspiscious look, "Actually, when you're bored, you actually making fun of Taeyeon and start arguing with her." and she caught me lying.

 

"Tiff, there's nothing wrong with me. Just quit it, okay?" then I lie down on my bed and started reading a magazine. Few moments later, I heard her sigh and sat down, "Just tell me, Stephanie Hwang. You like Taeyeon." That made me groan, I glared at her, "For a billionth times, Tiffany. I don't like her." I denied. "I tell you what, Steph. The more you hate the person, the more you love her in the end." then she giggled like a kid that I really wanna choke her to death.

 

I growled, "Can't you just quit it, ?" I said to her. She pouted, "Nope, unless you said the truth."

 

"No, I don't like her." I answered quickly, "You like her?" she teased, "No, I don't." I denied. "But you didn't meant to like her?" she said again, "Yeah." I answered so suddenly, making her eyes widen and eventually curved. "So you like her, as in, really?" Oh , that got me.

 

Now I'm speechless, then I turn away. "Oh. My. Gosh. You like Taeyeon." Then she suddenly hugged me, "What the ? Get off of me!" I don't like her hugging me. "Stephanie likes Taeyeon!" she screamed while hugging, "My twin is in love!" She teased. "Aishh! Just stop, okay?" I said but she didn't stop teasing me, "Steph and Taeyeon, sitting on a tree. K-I--" she starts singing but I quickly interrupt her by pushing her out of my bed. I don't care if she hurt her .

 

Then I continue to read a magazine, but she quickly crawled on my bed, still smiling at me. "Hey." She called me out but I ignore her, "I have an idea." She said. I turned a page, "What kind of idea?" I said while my eyes are still on the magazine. "An idea that will make Taeyeon liked you." 

 

I gritted my teeth and looked to her, "I hate your idea." I said. "Hey, I'm here to help you." She said then she stood up, "I don't need a help." I said. She scoffed, "Yes, you do. That's why I dragged you out of your bed, invite you to go to the mall, bought you a new clothes and hanging out with Taeyeon."

 

"You did that because I like her?! What the was on your mind, Tiffany?!" I stood up from my bed, "It's too obvious now, Stephanie. I already caught you lying." She answered. "I don't want you to be like what Jessica did to us, it's because of envy."

 

"You have to catch Taeyeon before she would find a person whom she will loved with." She said to me, "I don't want you to become envious of her, so please... Let me help you." She begged. I think for a moment, Tiffany's right, I should do something for her to like me. I think that's too hard. But I have to try...

 

I sighed and looked to her, "Okay, what's your idea?" I said. Then she smiled making her eyes to curved again...

 

 

---

Stephanie liked Taeyeon! Omg! XD

Stay tuned for the next chapter!