35: A Girl named Joohyun

Living as a Vampire

 

"Why are you so afraid to unleash me, Seohyun?" The beast asked her.

"Because you'll cause too much harm if I do." Seohyun answered and looked to the cage where the beast is. Then she let out a wicked laugh, "Why? Aren't you going to plan to kill the murderer who killed your parents?" Then the beast stepped out of the light and saw herself from her, her red cat eyes glowing more in the dark, veins are still throbbing in the sides of her temples, and wearing black torn clothes.

"I let you out once, but what happened? I almost killed Taeyeon and the others because of you." She said calmly, then the beast grinned and leaned herself in the rails. "I like you go insane, Seohyun. I saw you how hard and how far did you punched Aro in the forest." She brought back the time when Seohyun first met the Volturi alone in the forest.

"It's all because of you." Seohyun spat.

"No," then she looked to her straight into the eye, "It's not because of me, Seohyun. It's because of your ravaging anger in your heart which makes me to control your mind." She answered. "You still have anger, Seohyun. Don't deny it."

"Yes, I still have anger in me. You think I'm gonna let my anger to burst again?" Then she scoffed and shook her head, "No, I can't let that happen again." and the woman started to walk away.

"You still cannot accept that you are a monster." And that stopped her from walking away.

The beast grinned at her, revealing the sharp teeth, "How long will you take the oath that you'll never become one?" she asked the woman. "BoA is a psychopath that will unleash me in this dirty cage. But what did you do? You use that stupid pill to endure the pain and hunger."

"I will never become a monster," then she winced at the beast in the cage, "I will take that oath as long as I live."

Then the beast let out a psychotic laugh, "You're so stubborn as Catharine, but let me give you an advice, Seohyun..." her face eventually became serious. "I'm not a friend nor an enemy, I am no one. Once you drink the blood of your creator, you and I... will be become one. It's either me or you, who will control, but you are not the same person they know."

But Seohyun's expression stayed the same after the beast gave an advice, "I'll never be with you." then she continue to walk away.

The beast grinned at her, "You will not escape the fate you are in, mark my words... Seo Joohyun."

 

"What do you mean BoA is here?" Krystal and the others just got back from Busan to have their vacation for three weeks.

"Yeah, they got Yoona and Seohyun, then we knew that Sooyoung betrayed us. Fortunately, Tiffany make a first move to save Yoona and Seohyun then they escaped." Sunny told what happened to them while Krystal and the others are gone.

"Why she has to be so talkative?" Stephanie asked her sister while pinching the bridge of her nose, Tiffany just shrugged off from her question. "Why didn't you tell us about this?" Victoria asked Taeyeon with a questioning look, "'Cause I don't want to disturb your vacation." the shorter woman answered quickly.

"Is Big sis okay?" Krystal asked.

"Yes, she's okay." Tiffany answered and smiled. "Where is she?"

"Jessica's in her room, as usual."

Krystal sighed, "Sleeping again, huh?" She smirked and flipped her new brown hair. "Wait? Who is BoA?" Amber, Sulli and Luna are so confused who is the hybrid, "A psychedelic hybrid who wants Seohyun in the first place." Said Stephanie who sat beside them.

The three looked to her, "Who are you?" They asked in unison. Stephanie glared at them, "I'm Stephanie, you dimwits." Then she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry about Yuri and your sister, Taeyeon." Victoria gave condolence to the shorter woman, then Taeyeon looked down and closed her eyes. "We're just the same, Taeyeon. I've lost two siblings long time ago." 

"You have siblings?" Taeyeon looked to her curiously.

"Yes, I've never met my sister nor my brother. But my father told me about them, my sister was born a human but a half-demon and my brother... he's a greedy in power." She told to Taeyeon, "But why did you lose them?" Then she asked. Victoria sighed and looked to her feet, "Before my father died, he gave me an important thoughts that I really want to hear and that is looking for my two siblings."

"But then I heard that my brother is dead, then I was still hoping that my sister is still alive until now."

Taeyeon felt the same way for Victoria, they both lost their only family they had. "I'm sorry to hear that, Victoria. We don't have a choice, but to accept it." She adviced, eventually, Victoria smiled at her. "Yeah, but I'm still hoping that my sister is still alive."

"Well, did you know where she live before?" Taeyeon asked.

"My father told me that she left her in Ellenford." She answered, "He kept her for a hundred year before she's a complete human."

Taeyeon comes to her mind and mentioned a name, Is it Yoona? She thought.

 

SEOHYUN

It's been three weeks and yet, still no signs of danger. We had this new classmate who really is more like a kid than Taeyeon and more like younger than me. She is Irene, a bright blonde hair who wears like a highschooler, she doesn't have friends in here but me. I was the one who went closer to her and became friends, I don't know why I became friends with her?

Is it because I'm attracted to her? No! I can't even smell a scent of her blood, but she's a human. But how?

Something is very odd about her that's why I became friends with her. Wanna know the whole story the time I met her?

"Oh no, I'm late!" I was running on the hallway because I'm 15 minutes late. Professor Hwang didn't wake me up so early for this, she didn't even yell in front of me! But I don't blame her. I blamed Yoona for not waking me up! That deer! I'm gonna kill her if I see her after class.

As I was going to turn right, I suddenly bumped on someone then my slumped on the floor. "Watch where you're goin', you rushing animal!" A teenage voice said and glared to me, I stood up quickly and picked her books on the floor, "I'm sorry, are you hurt?" I asked worriedly.

Then the girl scoffed and looked to me, "Of course I am! We bumped to each other and now my hurts." After that she hissed in annoyance. I'm not gonna doubt that this girl has an attitude like Stephanie, by the way she sounds, it's like an agitative and argumentative type. But I didn't mention that this girl is a badass.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm so late in class. I'm very sorry."

"No need to say sorry, it happened. Okay?" Then she rolled her eyes and walked away like nothing happened. I just sighed and continue heading to my first class...

One of the subjects that I've been trying my best is Physics, the professor ordered us to find a partner but sadly I can't find any, "I wish Yonghwa is here." I muttered and sighed. Yonghwa moved to China to transfer there, he was the one who loves Physics and teaches me even if I always felt sleepy whenever he tried to discuss it to me.

Then my professor noticed I don't have any partners so he gestured me to partnered me with the blonde girl that I just bumped to earlier. She was sitting in the corner and reading a book, "That attitude blonde again?" I muttered again.

I took a deep breath and have my confidence to walked closer to where she was, she doesn't care about people around her and keep an eye on her book. I looked to her and forcing myself to smile, "Hey, I noticed you don't have a--"

"Partner?" Then she glance at me, "Everybody here hate Physics to be honest." She turned again to the book.

"No, I mean some of them. Can we be--" then she cuts me off again, "Partner? Sure. I'm not a picky person." Fast talker, nice. She's a fast talker, like she talks too much and too fast. "Uhh, okay. So, where do we--"

Then she suddenly closed the book she's been reading all the time and looked to me, "First, hand me over the book you've holdin'." Then I gave her the book. After one minute, she took a piece of paper and started writing, 'Scientific Method'.

"So, what's on your mind when you heard Scientific Method?" She asked. "Uhh... It's like Scientific Notation or--"

"Nope, you're wrong. A scientific law is a concise verbal or mathematical statement of a relation which expresses a fundamental principle of some theory, such as Newton's law of universal gravitation." She explained, then write it.

"Oh, right. I forgot about--"

"Physicists use the scientific method to test the validity of a physical theory, using a methodical approach to compare the implications of the theory in question with the associated conclusions drawn from experiments and observations conducted to test it. Experiments and observations are collected and compared with the predictions and hypotheses made by a theory, thus aiding in the determination or the validity/invalidity of the theory."

Okay, she's really explaining it fast. I only heard the physicist and the validity or invalidity of the theory.

"Am I right, miss-- who are you?"

I smiled, "I'm Seohyun, Seo Joohyun." I introduced. She looked surprised as I introduce myself, "You're a Joohyun too? You know that my real name is Joohyun too!"

"I'm sorry, what?" She's really talking too fast.

"I know we started off on a wrong foot lately, but hey, I'm Bae Joohyun." She smiled, "Okay, Joohyun."

"Just call me Irene, alright?" Then we continued to discuss about Physics.

~~

"You know, you're a pathetic dirty blonde !"

As I walked on my way to my locker, I saw three Senior from my class pushed Irene on the ground and that made me surprised. "Whoa, what's the matter with you? I thought were friends." Irene asked them, one of the girls scoffed and grabbed her collar, "You thought? We don't treat you as our friends, but a meal!" the three girls aren't humans.

But vampires!

"Hey!" the girl who grabbed Irene looked to me, I used my inhuman speed to catch Irene then it did. I put her down and looked to her, "Are you okay, Irene?" I asked her. Then she nodded, then I winced at the three monsters. 

"You're the second gifted they've talking about." one of them mentioned, "We have to tell this to BoA!"

"No!" One of them with a green eyes refused, "We will take her down first." then eventually smirked. I shooked my head, "This is not good." I mumbled. "Aren't we going to run?" Irene asked. "No time to run." I answered and faced them. "So you're going to fight eh?"

"Irene, you have to run. Don't worry about me." I said, "No, I won't." she said, then suddenly, one vampire grabbed her from behind, "I can't let you get of here alive, little kid." she said to her. "Let me go!"

Then the two vampire attacked me so fast, I was going to defend myself but it's too late. I was jammed by a punch then a foot in my stomach, I fell on the ground with a pain in my body. I forgot to drink a pain killer.

I got up and they were going to attack me but I dodged and parry their attacks, "Is that all you got?" One of the two said and got their chance to punch me right on my face. Then I fell down again. They laughed at me like I was the loser, "I didn't expect that this second gifted is a weakling."

"Don't ever say that in front of me." I said and manage to stand up, "You don't know what you will get if you insult me." Then I wiped a little blood on the corner of my lips. I wish I have enough strength to knocked this three vampires, but the problem is...

I'm afraid that I will not be the same Seohyun anymore.

Once you drink the blood of your creator, you and I... will be become one. It's either me or you, who will control, but you are not the same person they know.

If I drink Taeyeon's blood, the one who turned me, I will never be the same me again. And if that happen, I will never forgive myself. I took an oath that I will never become a monster... never!

Then the two vampires float in front of me, the two were curious. "Why are we floating?" She asked and looked to other one, "I don't know."

"Am I late for the party?"

I gasped as I heard her voice, I turn around and saw Professor Hwang. But she's not Tiffany. She looked up to see the two floating vampires in the mid-air, "Professor Hwang?! Why? You're a vampire too?!" The two vampires exclaimed in unison. "Oh please stop saying that name! It's very eerie to hear!" 

"Stephanie? What the hell?" I looked to her.

She smirked and removed her nerd glass, revealing her scarlet pupils in her both eyes. "Tiffany had something to do today, so I was in-charge into this." Then she winced on the two vampires, "And I'll take care of these s who commited bullying an innocent Junior students in an isolated area... and one who's grabbing a blonde woman."

I gaped in surprise, "Wow, you're acting as Professor Hwang perfectly." I complimented. She gave me a chuckle, "Oh kid, I'm just taking my role as the nerd professor."

Then she choked the two vampires until they were ashes, the last one dropped Irene and was attempting to run but I used my power to create a force field, not to let her escape. "No! Let me out!" She screamed, "I can't let you do that, sweetie pie." Stephanie said and beat her into ashes.

I turn my head to where Irene was, but she's nowhere to be seen. "Where's Irene?" I asked, "Oh, that blonde highschooler? I don't know." She just shrugged off.

Stephanie was going to turn her heels when she groaned and holds her chest very tight, "Stephanie! Are you okay?" I knelt and looked to her situation. Her eyes were shut and her jaw clenched like she's in unbearable pain, "Stephanie, answer me! What happened to you?" I asked.

"T-Tiffany... Something h-happened to her... Ah!" She screamed in pain.

Oh no. Tiffany and Stephanie are connected to each other, if Tiffany dies, Stephanie will die too! "Did Tiffany told you where she's going?" I asked, but she couldn't answer because she's in pain.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called Tiffany, fortunately, she answered. "Tiffany! Is there something happened? Stephanie just gave a sign, she's in pain!" But I heard a laugh coming from the other line that gives me a chills on my spine.

"Hello there, Joohyun." 

It's was BoA.

And now she got Tiffany.

 

---

Another one's in danger! Would they going to find where Tiffany was?

Stay tuned okay, and be patient. 😉