34: Blood Thirst

Living as a Vampire

SEOHYUN

"Seohyun! How? When? What?" Now she was so confused of what I just did. I chuckled and looked to her, "I was just acting like I became a true monster, but she didn't knew that I was playing stupid with her." I explained. "How? She tortured you to death but how?" Tiffany asked me, "Hyoyeon gave me a box of pain killer, one pill that will last for one week." I smiled after that.

"So you pretended to be in pain?" Then I nodded at Yoona's question. "I drink one pill once a week."

"How about your hunger? You didn't drink until now." Tiffany was so worried about me, "Don't worry, Hyoyeon taught me everything about this pill. She said it has a substance that can hold your bloodthirst for five days, she also said that it's safe because she tested it for herself." I said. Then they just nod.

We continue to walk inside the woods, trying to find a way out of here. Tiffany said it is the safer route than to run around in the city. "So, Yoona." Tiffany looked to Yoona with a serious look, "Aren't you gonna tell me something that I don't know?" She asked her.

"About that, yeah, I'm a half-Demon. Second daughter of Cerberus." She answered, "Have you been hiding these for us in hundreds of years ago?" Tiffany asked and Yoona nodded. "You want me to show you?" Then she just nodded.

Black onyx wings came out of back, her skin went even paler with veins visible in the corner of her temples and nails changed into sharp claws. As Tiffany saw her true form, she just stayed the same expression. "Yeah, too scary to scare a kid." She said.

Then Yoona went back to her normal form, "See? This is what I'm afraid of." She said and sighed. "I can't reveal this to you because I had a feeling one of you would know this, and now Sooyoung knew everything about me." She sat on the big trunk. "What's the problem about?" I asked and we sat next to her. "I... I lied to her, about what happened before she was turned."

"Sooyoung is not a kind of a person that can easily forgive and forget, she had witnessed tragic deaths of her family. I was there when she was just a girl, then I keep an eye on her until she grew up. But she didn't know that I was watching her when she was just a human. I knew everything about her before you guys met her. Even though she's too clumsy, unstoppable mouth and a big eater, she can never forget about her family's death." 

"She want to kill all vampires. But her vengeance dissapeared like a bubble when she met Sunny, Yuri and I, who pretended to be a human. Sooyoung reminds me of one of my old friends when I was just a useless human and that made my decision to meet her personally.The day came when Yuri knew that I was a vampire, then I killed her, just in time when the two saw the incident. I never wanted to kill them, especially Sooyoung." 

"When they were turned, Sunny and Yuri easily recovered of what happened, but Sooyoung, she didn't remember everything... like she didn't remember even who she was. Then I lied to her, I lied everything to her. Everything she want to remember, I just cover them up to a false truth. It was all my fault... If I should tell her the truth, this will never be happening... If I shouldn't let myself be with her, it should never happened... I messed up, it's all my fault."

She cried and cupped her face, I patted her back. "It's okay, it's gonna be alright." I said.

But she shook off her head, "No, I messed up. I lied to her, and now she wants to kill us all." she keeps sobbing and we hugged her. "It's going to be alright, Yoona. It's not your fault that Sooyoung became like that, no one's fault." Tiffany said. "It's past midnight, we have to go back." I said and we stood up and continue to walk back to the boarding house.

~~

"You what?!"

Everyone got shocked of what they just heard, "Yes, forgive me if I stole the files. I was the one who make the first move." Tiffany reasoned. "Why did you escaped like that?" Sunny asked her, "I dispersed myself into molecules and escaped with them quickly."

"Well that's my sis!" Stephanie hugged Tiffany and smiles. "How are we gonna defeat BoA?" Jessica asked and we looked to her, "Yeah, how do we defeat that psycho?" Yoona agreed. We all went silent, we don't have any idea where or when are going to defeat BoA (who murdered my parents). "We don't have any idea about that." Taeyeon answered, honestly.

"So, where's Yuri and Hyoyeon?" I asked them, but they all look down like they're gone... Wait, what? No, that can't be...

"Don't tell me they're gone?"

Then Stephanie walked closer to me, "Kid, Yuri's gone few days ago, Sooyoung killed her from nowhere. Then Hyoyeon..." she looked to Taeyeon, "...she saved us after Sooyoung planned to blow us up."

I glanced at Taeyeon, who tried to hold back her anger by clutching her hands. "My sister will never come back..." she muttered and looked away, I feel sorry for Taeyeon, I didn't know Hyoyeon did that to save them, I should've known. She's one of my closest friends, she's the one who gave me some weird stuffs that are good for surviving this world and the one that teaches me combats to defend myself.

"I should've known..." I looked down and took out the small box of pain killer, I was going to thank her, but now she's gone. "Sooyoung turned her back and now this..." I gripped the box of pain killer, "Hyoyeon shouldn't be gone, she should be here with you..." I can't hold it anymore and I broke myself in tears. Then Yoona quickly comfort me by her two arms, "Shh, it's gonna be okay. Don't cry."

Hyoyeon used to be my mentor, she used to be my older sister, she used to be my close friend who can keep secrets, but what in the world just happened? Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are the persons whom I trusted the most, but what happened? First, Sooyoung betrayed us, and now, Hyoyeon risked her life for us. This is too much, too much pain and too much loss. 

 

Then the next day, my training starts when me and Hyoyeon went inside the forest. Just the two of us, nothing more.

"Okay, this is your first training." she started, "I'll use my power of blindness, you'll not see anything but you can hear and sense."

"Is it hard?" I asked, she shook her head. "At first, but you'll get use to it." then she snapped her fingers as darkness conquers my sight. Now I can't see anything. "Ready?" she asked, I nodded.

Suddenly, a punch from nowhere came and hit my stomach. I stumbled on the ground and I groan, "Stand up, kid." I heard Hyoyeon's angry voice, I stood up but then another hit on my face and fell down again. "Come on, use your sixth sense!" she shouted, I stood up again and I sensed that another attack was coming so I dodged it.

"That's it, you got it!" she said, I just continue to dodge while she's throwing me punches and kicks on me. She's right, I'll used to it when I continue this. While dodging myself to her punches she said, "Stop." then I stopped. I heard she snapped again and darkness faded away, now I can see her, smiling. "You're a fast learner, aren't you?" she asked. "I don't think so." I said.

"I'm sorry if I punched and kicked you like that, its just a training." she apologized. "Its okay." I answered with a smile, she smiled back. "The next day is your very first training with Sooyoung." She said, "Tomorrow? Very first? I thought this was the--" I retorted but she interrupted me, "That's just a trial, my sister gave me orders to get you ready tomorrow." she explained.

"And that tomorrow was your first training." then she started to walk, "Hey, I need to get rest first." I said. She shot a glare to me, "Remember, vampires like us don't need to sleep or rest." she adviced.

I just sighed, "Let's go." she said and we started to run back to our home.

 

As we go home, Yoona and I went inside of the room. I didn't talk with her because of so much pain, I have lost trusted persons and that made hurt so much. I went in the wardrobe and changed my clothes then I lie myself on my bed and let out a sigh. "Hey." Yoona called me.

My eyes reverted to her, giving me a smile, "Hey." I greeted too and changed my position to turn around, not to face her. "What's wrong?" She managed to asked the obvious thing, I scoffed and rolled my eyes but still not face her. "What's wrong? You still manage to ask a very obvious thing." I answered with a demanding tone.

"I didn't know that you're so close with Hyoyeon, so you cried a lot earlier." She said.

"She's the only person who teaches me how to survive, Yoona. You were just with me and comfort me, but Hyoyeon is more than that. She almost like an older sister, you know. She cared for me like I was a younger sister to her." I don't want to cry again but tears are already flowing from my eyes.

"Hyoyeon reminds me of my... mom."

I bit my lip while trying to hold back the sniffling sounds coming inside of my mouth, "Why her? Why Hyoyeon?" I cupped my face and keep sobbing. Then two arms wrapping around my waist, "Don't worry, Seohyun. I'm still here, I can still take care of you." She whispered. "I can't believe she's gone."

"Don't cry, Seohyun. I'm here." she whispered again, I turn around and hugged her. "It's gonna be okay, Seohyun."

"Thank you for being here with me." I smiled despite of all the pain I got, she's still there to comfort me and protect me. "I can't let anyone harm you again." she leaned closer to me then our lips collided again, there's no drowzy effect coming from her lips, just a soft nibbling flesh crushed into my pale lips.

This time, I respond to her kiss, I can't believe that I let myself respond to that. But it feels good. I closed my eyes and shoved my hands over her nape, I can feel my hormones went high, then a warm sensation went all over my body. Few moments later, we pulled away and catching our breaths. "You... You're a good kisser, huh?" she said. "I think so." I answered. "It's the first time I respond a kiss."

"Maybe... its not the right time we will do this." I said, she nodded. "I guess so." she agreed, "But can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Are we... uh... a thing, now?" She asked with a blushing effect on her both cheeks, I chuckled and give a small peck on her lips. "Aren't we?" I smiled.

Then I suddenly felt dizzy and my throat starts burning inside, when was the last time I drink blood? Two weeks ago? Oh no. My stomach twisted like hell and I can't hold it any longer. "Seohyun, what's wrong?" until she noticed my eyes, "You're hungry, when was the last time you fed yourself?" she asked.

"T-Two weeks ago..."

"Two weeks?! Why didn't you continue feeding yourself? Why did you stop?" she is now concerned to me, "We're out of blood bank, but we can fed ourselves on humans." she said. "No, I-I can't do that! I can't kill an innocent people, I can't feed myself with them anymore." I refused, "But you have to--"

"No! I can't be like you, I'm not gonna kill just for blood again." I cried out.

"I... I can't still accept that I'm a monster. I'm not a monster, Yoona... You said that I won't become like one, so I stopped." I said, still trying to control my bloodthirst inside me. "Yes, I said that. But I didn't said that you will stop, you need it, Seohyun." she answered.

"No! I can't! I can't, Yoona! I can't drink blood!" I yelled.

"Then you have no choice," then she unbottoned her collar, exposing her porcelain neck, making my bloodthirst to show off but I kept holding it back. She leaned her neck closer to my face, causing my fangs to grow inside my mouth. "No... I can't-- argh!" Then I suddenly lunged at her, I pinned her both arms with my grasps and looked to her with my eyes glowing in the dark.

"The effect of the pain killer wore off." she muttered, "If you don't want to be a monster, drink my blood."

Without any words I burried my fangs on her soft flesh, making her moan. I can taste sweet blood again, the blood lust is stronger than I thought it would be, it's eating me inside whenever I am thirsty for blood. I am trying to resist the monster inside me, I'm not gonna let the beast unleashed inside me... But I'm afraid that I could hurt everyone else around me once I became one.

I swear that I'm not going to let the monster came out inside me.

As the bloodthirst wore off, I finally pulled off from her. I looked to her, she gave a smile and wiped the blood in my mouth. "As long as I'm here, Seohyun. I'm not going to let yourself become a monster." She smiled and hugged me.

"I promise, Seohyun. You'll never became one."

 

---