26: With the Hwang Twins

Living as a Vampire

 

SEOHYUN

 

 

As I went back to the boarding house, I saw two Hwangs talking inside. I put my coat on the couch, and looked to them. "She's so annoying, Tiff. Like-- ugh! Like I'm gonna kill her sooner or later!" Stephanie said to her, Tiffany just laugh. "You always said that but you did not literally do that to her." She said to her bad twin.

 

"You know the consequence, Tiffany. If I really do kill her literally, then they'll all blame me. I just... I just... I just wanna make fun of her, like killing her to death when it comes to arguments." I heard Stephanie sighed, Tiffany giggled. "For so many years of arguing each other, you finally let it out, Steph." She said.

 

Stephanie slightly nodded, "I just want to spill it out before it would explode out of my head." 

 

"And besides, I can only trust two people: You and the kid, Seojoon." She added, "It's Seohyun, Stephanie." I corrected with a glare. She turned her head to me and smirked, "Have you been standing there for long, kid?" She asked.

 

I rolled my eyes, and sat beside them, "So, what are you two talking about, huh?" I asked them. "Oh! Just... Just a sister talk, that's all." Tiffany's eyes curved as she smiled, Stephanie scoffed and looked away, "Sister talk? More like a love talk." She said.

 

"Where's everybody?" I asked them, "Taeyeon went somewhere with her body double. Yoona, Sooyoung and Yuri went to the bar. Jessica is with her sister. Sunny and Hyoyeon went to the market to buy some foods." Tiffany answered. "Wow. Everyone's busy, huh?" I commented.

 

I looked to them, its so confusing seeing them the same clothes, same hairstyles, same faces but opposite sides. "You know, I have some concerns." I said to them, "Why?" Stephanie asked. "I can't figure out who is Tiffany and who is Stephanie." I answered making the two laugh, "Oh kid, even our similarities you can't figure it?" Stephanie keep laughing. "Funny." I looked to her with a blank look.

 

"I should color my hair into khaki brown tomorrow." Said Tiffany as she patted her head then look to her twin, "You want to come with me to the hair salon tomorrow?" She invited her. "Nah, I'm good." Stephanie refused then touches her jet black hair, "You should have a good hairstyle, Steph. Look at your hair, too frizzy and damaged." Then Tiffany touched her hair but Stephanie stepped back from her. "Eesh! I can take care of my hair, but don't touch it."

 

"Back to the topic, you're talking about Taeyeon." I said and lean my back on the couch, "Well, Steph spilled out." Tiffany looked to her again with a smile. she just rolled her eyes to her, "Oh please, just get over with it."

 

"Stephanie, do you like Taeyeon?" I asked her, "What the ? Of course, I don't like her!" she answered and looked away. "You sounded like your denial." Tiffany caught her, "W-What? I'm not." she denied. I just sighed, "Okay, I just want to asked that." I said and stood up from the couch. "So, wanna go outside and eat something?" I said.

 

 

We walked outside then went to the japanese restaurant and ordered a ramen. While waiting, we talked about something, "How about you, kid? What's your story?" Stephanie asked me. "My story?" I said as I pointed myself, "Yeah."

 

"You've never talked about your family or your life with them." Tiffany said, "I... uh..." I can't tell them. "It's a confidential thing, I don't want you to know." I answered with a smile, Tiffany pouted and Stephanie groaned. "Come on, it's between three of us!" they said in unison, from that, I gave up. I sighed and said, "They're gone."

 

And then there's a long silence, until the waitress came.

 

"Here's your order." she said, "Arigato." I thanked her in Japanese, she smiled at me then walked away. "You noticed something obvious to that waitress?" Stephanie asked us, "Huh? What?" her sister asked, "You don't know? Sooyoung's body double?" then she pointed the waitress who just served our ramen. Her height was Sooyoung's and she's totally her body double.

 

As we eat our ramen, "Seo, what do you mean they're gone?" Tiffany brought back the topic. "They're gone, like, they died." Stephanie said but I shook my head, "They... they were killed." I then started playing the chopstick. "Do you know... who is the killer?" Tiffany asked me but I shook my head again, "Is it a vampire? Normally vampires always the main suspect." Stephanie added.

 

"I don't know," I groan, "Okay, I'll tell you. I don't know if it was a vampire or a werewolf, but she's like a half-vampire and half-werewolf." I said, making the twins looked to each other then they looked to me, Tiffany looked to me like she's concerned while Stephanie looked to me like she's curious. "Seohyun, where did you see it?" Tiffany asked again.

 

"I-In my dream, in my nightmares. She's always showing up in my dreams, but I can't see her face. She said that the reason why she killed my parents is that she brought me into this, she put me in my destined way." I said, they looked again to each other. "Doesn't mean she's back?" Tiffany muttered, "No. She can't be here." Stephanie denied.

 

"What are you talking about? What do you mean she's back?" I'm a bit curious now, the twin moved closer to me. "The one you've talking about is a hybrid, and..." then she looked to Stephanie, "...and a strongest kind of all the monsters. Maybe she found out that you're the second gifted in the first place, before we found you." she said. "What? I don't understand." I said.

 

"Seohyun, listen. Her power are more stronger than yours, we can't fight her back. She's the last kind of their clan, she gained power by draining blood of vampires and werewolves, and even humans." Stephanie explained it to me, making me goosebumps. "Did Yoona told you about it?" Tiffany said, "No, she didn't said a word these days."

 

"1798, if I can remember, Yoona almost killed by her. Luckily, she was spared. But I don't know what she's up to now." Tiffany said to me, "You know her, she's so secretive. We're almost strangers because of being mysterious sometimes." Stephanie commented. "It's because you don't talk to her." Tiffany said to her, then Stephanie chuckled, "Excuse me? I talked to her one time then she just gave me a glare." She defended.

 

Tiffany just ignore what Stephanie said and looked to me, "Look, if she appeared again in your dreams, tell us. We'll help you." Then she smiled eventually. She looked throught the window, "For now, she's somewhere here in Korea." Then her face went gloomy, "What is she up to now?" She asked while looking through the mirror...

 

 

After we ate ramen, we started to walked back to the boarding house. Stephanie exhaled loudly and stretched out her arms, "Ahh! That ramen gave me full stomach!" She said with a big grin in her face. Tiffany and I chuckled. "Next week is your exam." Tiffany said, making me turn to her.

 

"Yeah, I'm studying hard for the test. I'm sure it's pretty difficult." I answered. She smiled and patted my shoulder, "Don't worry, you can do it." She said. I smiled at her, "Thanks." I said. As we keep strolling down in the street, I heard someone's crying making me stopped in the half way. "What's wrong, kid?" Stephanie asked, I turn around and saw a boy crying behind the wall.

 

He looks like he's lost, I went to the boy. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked the boy, then he looked up to me, I think he's been crying all the time. "Are you lost?" then he nodded on me, "I was playing with my friends until they all go to their homes while my noona and my hyung wasn't there to pick me up, so I decided to walk home but I don't know where I am going, then I was lost." he said.

 

"Aww, little boy got lost. It's better for me to -- ow!" Tiffany elbowed Stephanie, "Not. In front. Of him." Tiffany gave her a glare. Stephanie just shrug then, "Okay." I ignored them, "What's your name, kid?" I asked him. "Kang Taewoo." he smiled, "Okay, Taewoo. Let's get you home." then grabbed his hand and started to walk with him.

 

"So, Minwoo--" Stephanie started to say Taewoo's name, "It's Taewoo." But Tiffany corrected. "Whatever." then Stephanie rolled her eyes, and turn again to Taewoo, "So, kid, where do you live?" she asked the boy. "I lived in Cheongdamdong District along with my noona and my hyung." He then smiled at Stephanie, "Don't smile at me, it's creepy." she disgust him.

 

Then Taewoo frowned and look down, "I'm sorry." he apologized. "Don't be sorry, Taewoo. She just don't know how to talk to a kid like you." Tiffany said and smiled at him, making him smiled too. "Noona, your smile is cute." Taewoo commented on Tiffany's smile. Few seconds, she was flattered. "Aww, thank you, Taewoo. Your smile is cute too." Then she pinched his both chicks. I heard Stephanie imitating Tiffany then she rolled her eyes, I think she's a little jealous. 

 

Then few moments later, we still walking on the way to his home. Taewoo yawned and feel sleepy, "Noona, I'm sleepy. But we can't find our house." he said then rubbed his eyes. "Don't worry, Taewoo. We're going to make it there." I said, but he groan and almost closing his eyes, "I wanna go home." he muttered then lean his body on Stephanie's waist, in short, his hugging Stephanie.

 

"H-Hey, get off of me!" Stephanie was going to push Taewoo from her but Tiffany and I gestured to carry him, at first Stephanie doesn't like the idea but in the end she carried Taewoo. As we continue to walk, we looked to Stephanie's disgusted face as she carried sleeping Taewoo in her shoulders, "She doesn't like kids." Tiffany said to me. "The way she react to them, it really disgust her so much."

 

"So that's why she's so rude to him." I said, then Tiffany nodded. "But look at her," we look again to Stephanie, "She carried Taewoo even she hates him." Then Stephanie looked to us. "Hey, why the are you looking at me like that?" she asked, "Nothing." We said then giggled.

 

"Taewoo?" We stopped as we heard familiar voice. We turn around and saw two figure, then they run towards us. "Noona? Hyung?" Then Taewoo jump off from Stephanie's back, then the two figured went to Taewoo and hugged him. "I thought we lost you, why didn't you call us earlier?" His sister said, "Did they hurt you? If it was, I'll call the police." Said his brother.

 

"Hey, we didn't do anything to him. We help him to get back to his home." Stephanie defended, "Wait, noona, hyung. They help me to get me home." Taewoo said to them. "See? The kid said." Stephanie answered. "Taeyeon, you should get him home." said the older brother.

 

Our eyes widen as we heard Taeyeon's name, then we looked to each other. "Is that... Taeyeon's body double?" I whispered to the twins and they nodded. "Thanks for bringing us our brother, I would like--" said the man, "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks, we just like to help people." Tiffany interrupted him. Then the man smiled, "Okay, I wish you could help more for the children." then he walked away along with Taeyeon's body double and Taewoo. "Goodbye, noonas!" He was smiling and waving his hand on us, "Bye!" Me and Tiffany waved our hands to him.

 

"Let's go home." Then Stephanie started to walk passed us, Tiffany and I looked to each other then we started to walk home. Stephanie went quiet after Taewoo's noona and hyung found him, I think she missed carrying Taewoo...

 

 

---

So? How's my update? kinda lame or what?