19: Catch Me If You Can

Living as a Vampire

SEOHYUN

As I opened my eyes, I was on the bed. I don't know what room is this but I was lying on the bed, I turn my eyes on the right and I saw a figure standing. It's not Yoona or anyone else, but she's familiar. She's the one who murdered my parents. "You're awake, Joohyun." She turn around with her red glowing eyes, backed away on my bed. "Who are you really?" I asked.

 

She smirked, "I'm the one who will turn you upside down."

 

I gritted my teeth, "What do you want from me? Why did you kill my parents?" I said while glaring at her. She laughed and went closer to me, "I killed them for a reason..." then her body went bigger and furry, ears like a dog and his face went like a... wolf? "...and that reason was to put you in your destined way." Her voice became worst and sounded like a demon.

 

I raise my arm to put a force against her, "Back away!" I yelled. She laughed, "Your power can't save you, Joohyun." she still drawing closer to me. I raise another arm to add force against her wolf form, "I said back away! I don't get close to me!" I yelled again, but she didn't listen and keep drawing herself closer to me. "I'm coming to get you!" She opened to bite me...

 

~~

 

"Joohyun! Seo Joohyun! Wake up!"

 

I gasped and opened my eyes, I saw Taeyeon looking at me with a concern face. I blink my eyes, checking if this is a reality, then it is. "Are you okay? You're sweating." Taeyeon asked me, "I thought it was real." I muttered and touch my forehead. "It's been a week, Seohyun. You've been having nightmares since what happened in the woods." she said.

 

Same woman, same place, same happenings again and again. "That woman... what does she want from me?" I asked, making Taeyeon to look confuse, "Who's woman?" I shook my head, "Nothing."

 

We're here at the boarding house of Krystal, since our apartment is completely destroyed, we stayed in a vacant lot beside their boarding house. No renting fees or anything because saving one of their member is enough to repay them. I sighed and stood up from the bed, "I better go outside and train myself." I said wear my jacket and leave.

 

 

TAEYEON

 

Seohyun has been acting a little weird few days ago, is her nightmare bothering her? Or something else?

 

That night I went out with Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal to find the oracle, Victoria told about the oracle, she met her long time ago before we are born. Of course Victoria was the eldest among us, she's been living here in this earth for 3000 years without any accusations from humans. She's one of Catharine's associates that time and like her, she never trusted the Volturi.

 

She even said where the oracle is, where they usually hanging out...

 

"A Strip Club? Seriously?" Tiffany complained about that, I snorted and glance at her. "Why? You hate clubs because of your badass twin?" I said with a smirk, she then silent for a moment then she looked to me, "Stephanie said you're a badass too." she said. I laughed, "She's more than a to act so she's really the badass." I commented.

 

"Hey, Shorty. Gotta problem with me?" Then she's here... again.

 

I sighed, "More than a problem, Badass Steph." I shot up a glare to her. "Then it's your problem, not mine anyways." she crosses her arms and let out a word under her breath, "Pathetic." Then that's a snap. More pathetic, I thought to myself and shot a glare again. "If you don't want an argument again, bring Tiffany back to her body." I said, trying not to tone my voice in agitative way.

 

She scoffed and look at me, "Do you think it's easy for me to do that?" Now she's really starting it. "Besides, she really hate going on a bars or a strip clubs, so we switched. There's no point of begging for her to bring back to her body, Shorty. Her decision is my desicion."

 

"Come on, Taeyeon. If Tiffany doesn't want to go to a club, why are you forcing her to bring back?" Krystal popped out. Krystal has a point, why am I forcing her to bring back to her body if she don't want to? How pathetic. "See? Even Catwoman's Kitten agreed." Stephanie said.

 

"Did you just call me a Catwoman?"

 

"Did you just call me a Kitten?"

 

Then Jessica gave her a death glare and Krystal gave her a deadlier look at the same time, but Stephanie didn't affect of their looks and laughed. "What? I'm just making fun of you. You sisters are so quiet. So I called you two cats." she said, "Yeah right, cats... and you are a badass dog." I added.

 

"Well, you're a bulldog." She smirked. "Can you repeat that one for me, please? My hands are tingling to punch someone" I gritted my teeth in irritation of her.

 

"That's enough, we're making fun of ourselves like animals. That's nonsense." Jessica call it off and we continue to walk, "You know, I kinda bit hungry." Stephanie frown a bit. "Save your hunger until we get to that strip club." I said coldly to her, she scoffed and looked away as we walk.

 

~~

 

Few minutes later, we get inside the club. I heard loud musics, crowds dancing in the center and a counter full of alcohols and wines. "Ohh, my hunger just dissapeared." Stephanie stepped in, I looked to the sisters, "We have to find the oracle, I have a few questions to tell for her." My tone went sarcastic and we walked to the counter.

 

Krystal sniffed in the air like she noticed something, "Look, it's not an ordinary club. I think this club is for the monsters." She said. "What kinds of monsters?" Jessica asked her sister, "Uhmm, vampires..." She sniffed again, "...werewolves, witches and undeads. I can't smell any humans in this place." She described.

 

As we sat in front of the counter, I sat beside a woman who's drinking a soju, wearing a black furry coat and her hair was ash-brown. "So tell me, what do you want?" She asked, "I have a few questions for you, Go Hyesun the Oracle." Then I smirked at her.

 

I ordered a bottle of soju, "Hmmm... One of Victoria's friend, Kim Taeyeon, am I right?" She said without looking at me. "I want few answers, Hyesun, and I hope you can answer it--"

 

"You will find a demon, you will fight it to know the answer. You will see yourself like a mirror, you will know yourself as a human. You will die by burning you in her flames of anger, you will sacrifice your life to save what matters you the most." She cut me off by saying what will happen to me. Great.

 

"I never ask what will happened to my life." I shot up a glare to her, but she still doesn't looking to me and staring at her shot glass. "Well, I just want you to know and warned you early." She drink her soju and poured another one, "Answer me, Oracle. Who is a vampire who uses the power of water?" I asked.

 

 She smirked and drinks her soju, "A clan who has a strongest vampire who can't handle its power is the one who uses the power of water." She answered.

 

Strongest vampire?

 

Could it be my sister, Hyoyeon? She never used her dark powers before, maybe she can't handle her power. 

 

Could it be Seohyun? She has a power of Catharine and can handle it but she can't handle her inner power.

 

Or could it be...

 

"So, do you have any more questions?" I was startled and looked to her again, I lean closer to her, "Answer me again, how will we stop the Volturi from chasing us down?" I asked again. "Hmmm... By killing the root of the problem that haven't been solved many years ago, the one who really made you like this, the one who never blamed by anyone."

 

"Then who is the root? Who is the one who makes us monsters?" My anger lit up again, I don't want to expose my anger but there is someone who made us like this.

 

"My lips are sealed, I'll never going to tell you." She said and put another soju but I quickly get the bottle she's holding, "You're the Oracle, right? Tell me who is this someone." I gritted my teeth in anger. "Taeyeon, you should not..." I glared at Krystal who is trying to stop me, then she went silent.

 

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I asked, "You want to know the answer, Guardian of Light?" Finally she turned to me with a reptiled eye like a salamander. I know what she is. She is a Succubine.

 

I was going to beamed her by my light but her tail caught it then she quickly strangled me, in a few seconds, we're outside of the club. "I don't want a fight inside, so it might be better if we're here." her voice changed into a hissing tone and her face went like a snake with a two big horns in his head. I smirk and handed her tail and turn her over to the ground.

 

"You don't want me to do this to an oracle like you, do you?" I said, I levitated in the air and went up. I look at her in the ground but she was not there, "Looking for me, Guardian of Light?" I turn around but she whipped me by her tail making me fall on the ground, fortunately I manage not to hit my body on the ground and looked up. Well looks like she was flying because of her old and scary bat wings.

 

"You really making things up like this, huh?" I shouted, then I fly again to punch her but her tail whipping me back to the ground. She laughed, "You can't defeat me, Taeyeon. For I am the Oracle." Then she fly closer to me very quick making me stumbled my whole body on the ground. "You are not to quick as light, but why did she called you a Guardian of Light?"

 

I was going to stand up but she lunged to me and strangled me, "Why don't you answer me?" I said. "Why we have to end like this?" She laughed, "Persistent one, you only know what makes you safe and what makes you live." she smirked. "Why did she called you a Guardian of Light? You are not as fast as light." she repeated.

 

I close my eyes, "Could you let your dirty hands off me?" I asked her while eyes are closed. "Why? You don't want to be strangled like this?" Then she tightened her grip to my neck, I groan as she tighten more, I feel like my head was going off to my body. "You want to end your life now, persistent one? Or I shall skinned your beautiful face?" 

 

I can feel her tail circling on my left cheek, "Let. Go." I said and opened my eyes, she hissed and backed away. I put a bright light on my eyes to let her go from me. As her hands let go from my aching neck, I coughed and need an air even if I don't breathe it.

 

Then someone pushed her against the wall, I heard a loud sound from it. "You demon! Have you come to kill the light on our path?" Krystal's voice came up, "We need an answer, not a fight to know the answer." Jessica's voice too.

 

"Taeyeon, are you alright?" Tiffany helped me to stood up, "I-I'm fine." I answered. "She's not the oracle, Taeyeon. She's a demon succubine who tricked you." She said, "What?" I gasped. I knew it, a succubine!

 

You will find a demon, you will fight it to know the answer.

 

Is it true? A demon, a succubine, I will fight the answer. But she tricked me! I turned to that demon, "You ing demon!" I was going to punch her but she fly away, "Catch me if you can, Guardians!" She laughed and flew away.

 

I let out a sigh, "Maybe we have to find the true oracle tomorrow night." Krystal said. "We have to-- wait." She sniffed, "Someone saw us." She added and looked around. "A human?" Tiffany suggested. Krystal nodded, "Yeah, I think its over there." she pointed in the dark alley. Just then, I heard footsteps running away. "Quick, we have to catch that human before it can escape." Jessica ordered and we run to catch that human.

 

As I saw a figure, I yelled, "Hey! You human, don't try to escape or else!" But she didn't stop running. "Get away from me, you monsters!" she yelled and keep running. I levitate again and reached her shoulder, as I touch her shoulder I quickly lean her against the wall. "Look, human. If you try to scream for help, I'll rip your head quickly."

 

"P-Please, don't kill me. I beg you." I heard a familiar voice from her, I glared at her. "There's no point of begging, human. I can't let you live because you saw us." I said with a smirk, I light up my hand to see her face. As I saw her face, my eyes widen, her eyes too. We're shocked. I saw myself, my old self. "How... How come you look like me?" I asked.

 

"I-I don't know... You look like me." she said, her hair was long and black just like when I was a human. I sighed while staring at her, "I'll let you live, this time. But if you tell anyone or someone about this, I'll be back to kill you." I threatened her. She nodded, "I promise, I'm not gonna tell this to anyone." she answered. I smirk, "You promised, you have to keep it a secret. I hate persons who breaks promises."

 

She glared at me, "If I said its a promise, its a promise. I never break promises." she emphasize the last phrase. "You should be lucky I didn't kill you." I said and removed my hand on her shoulder, "Now, get lost." I said coldly. She nodded and run away until she dissapeared on my sight.

 

What was that? She looked like me and she's a human. I snapped as I remembered what that ing succubine said.

 

You will see yourself like a mirror, you will know yourself as a human.

 

Great! Very great! I saw my doppleganger in a human self!

 

 

---

Hey guys! Sorry for waiting! I kind busy reading some books that I borrowed from my friend, so yeah. Hahaha! I've watched their new MV, its so cool! But I'm still missing one member, well its Jessica. I still missed her. Still OT9! JJANG!

Well, see you guys! Stay tuned! ^_^