28: Betrayed

Living as a Vampire

 

SEOHYUN

I woke up as I heard Tiffany's voice,  I rubbed my eyes and say, "Too early for school..." I muttered. I heard her giggle, "It's Saturday, Seohyun. There's no classes, so wake up." She patted my shoulder. "Why are you waking us up? What's the problem?" Yoona asked her.

 

"I'll tell you later, come on." Then we went out of the room and went outside, as we went outside, we saw everyone wearing their pajamas. "Okay, Mushroom. Why are we here outside?" Sooyoung asked Tiffany, she smiled at her question. "Did you know that Stephanie is in love?" Then no one respond on Tiffany's question.

 

Cricket sound.

 

Then she groaned and pouted, "Come on, guys! Stephanie likes Taeyeon!" She gave up. "So? Stephanie liked Taeyeon. What are we gonna do?" Yuri commented, "Yeah, it's not a big deal. She likes my sister, so what?" Hyoyeon added. "Here's the plan, just act normal as we went inside. Because my sister was going to cook breakfast for Taeyeon, if Taeyeon noticed we went outside just say we have been doing exercise."

 

"Breakfast for Taeyeon? What about us?  Stephanie only cooked breakfast for Taeyeon." Sooyoung said, then Tiffany nodded. Then she groan, "Only Taeyeon!!!" she wailed and pouted. "Yah! You always do that whenever there's food!" Sunny said to her, some of us shook off there heads. "She's still wants food." Hyoyeon sighed and facepalmed, "What a crap?" then looked away.

 

Then Tiffany gestured us to look on the window, we looked inside and saw another Tiffany, her hair was tied up like a messy bun, wearing a simple bunny shirt and pajama with matching Tiffany's pink apron, cooking eggs and bacon in the frying pan and she's not Tiffany, it is Stephanie.

 

"Whoa, how could Stephanie be transformed into like that?" Yoona commented, "Did you teach her how to cook?" Yuri asked Tiffany. "Nope, she knows how to cook." She answered with a smile.

 

After few moments, Taeyeon walked downstairs and looked who's cooking, "Hey, Tiffany, where's everybod--" she stopped as she realized the girl is not Tiffany. She was stunned as Stephanie turn her head to Taeyeon, "I'm not Tiffany, Shorty. So come here and eat breakfast."

 

We all surprised as we saw Stephanie being like Tiffany, "Wow, she acted like Tiffany." Sunny commented. 

 

We saw Taeyeon sat in the chair and shoved out her phone and doing something. "Here," she put effortless the plate to Taeyeon, making the short woman a bit shocked and looked to her. "What happened to you, Badass? You look like... Tiffany." Now Taeyeon's curious about her.

 

"Oh no, she noticed!" Hyoyeon commented. "Of course she noticed, you !" Sooyoung commented.

 

Stephanie just shrugged off, "I don't know, I acted like Tiffany everytime I woke up so early." She answered and sat next to her. "You... You mean, before you got your new body, you borrowed Tiffany's body and acted like her?" Taeyeon said.

 

"Sometimes. You gotta problem?" 

 

"N-Nothing. Just-- Just eat what's o-on the table!" Taeyeon stuttered and started eating her breakfast while looking away from her. "Aww... They're too sweet!" I commented while still looking to them, even though they're not good enough to each other they're still sweet.

 

~~

 

Days passed, our classes will end soon and we'll have a long vacation. Yoona and I went good these days, she always treat me ice cream everytime she picked me up after class, we took a long walk every Saturdays and one time while we were walking together in the baywalk...

 

"Did I say to you that I already let her go?" Suddenly Yoona asked, making me to look at her. "Huh?"

 

"The person said me this, if there's a thing you may have loss, there will be a new one." She quoted and smiled, I smiled back. "I'm glad you did that," then I sighed, "Maybe Catharine will be happy now, she wanted you to let go." I said. She smirked and looked up at the night sky, "She let me go before I would." Then her head turned to me.

 

"I know now that, living in these world won't last forever. Even though I'm six hundred years old, even though I saw how the world changed bit by bit, I won't be last here. When my time has come, I'm ready to let go, of what matters me the most." She said with a smile.

 

"Why are you saying this? It sounded like, you're going to die." I asked.

 

"I went through a lot for centuries, Seohyun. There will be a time that I will die." She answered, "There will be a time that... I must let go of what matters me the most before I die. I have to free myself by letting go, and not to hold grudges again."

 

She stopped right in front of me, "Sometimes..." Her eyes went red, "I can see what will happen before it happen." She said, making me shivered. "They are still looking for me." She said, "W-What do you mean, still looking for you?"

 

"Oh, nothing. I'm just messing you up." Then she laugh, making me a little pissed but it's okay. "You really had to mess me in a serious time." I commented, "Hey, come on, your vacation is coming up soon." she continue walking again. Then I followed her again, "About what you said, you can see what will happen in the future? Is that true or you just messing me up?" I asked.

 

"It's true. I can see what will happen, often. But not like you, I don't know when will appear but I should be ready for the consequences." she said. "What consequences? What do you mean by that?" I asked, "Well, it is good not to talk about that." she answered. "Um, okay." I respond.

 

Then my phone rang in my pocket, I picked out my phone and answered. "Hello?"

 

"Hey, Seo. It's Sooyoung, come here in the old apartment. I have something to show you." she said, sounded like a detective. "Okay, I'll be there in a minut--"

 

"Better be fast." then she hung up. 

 

"Who's that?" Yoona asked, "Oh, it's Sooyoung. She said I need to go to the old apartment." I answered. "Well, let's go there." then she start walking, but I grabbed her arm, "Wait, I don't know what she'll show something to me but you have to go back to the boarding house." I said. She sighed, "Joohyun, if the Volturi found you there alone, who's going to protect you?"

 

"Don't worry, Sooyoung's there." I answered, "No, I have to go with you. I don't want to lose another gifted." she insisted. Few seconds, I sighed, "Okay, you'll go with me."

 

~~

 

As we went to our old apartment, we met Sooyoung there. "Guys, I have something to show you." Then she went inside, and followed her. We went inside of our apartment, its still a mess. Broken glasses, tables all turned and walls have scratched everywhere. "These doesn't changed." I commented, then Yoona agreed. "We haven't clean and fixed this place since the Volturi found us."

 

"We went to Krystal's boarding house immediately, then. And we never go back to our apartment." I said and saw my room, as I opened the door to my room, it has been dusty for two months. "We'll fix these apartment after this, don't worry." Yoona smiled.

 

"Guys, up here!" she said upstairs then we went to her, "What do you want to show us, Sooyoung?" Yoona asked her. Then the taller woman smiled, "This." she opened the door and we saw all the paintings. These paintings. "These are just Taeyeon's artworks, what's the big deal?" Yoona commented. 

 

Then suddenly, a fireball hit Yoona's back and fell down. "Yoona!" I was going to come closer to her but Sooyoung's grin stopped me, "S-Sooyoung? What are y-you doing this?" I asked her. "It's none of your business, Seohyun. I'm just taking my part." she smirked and thrown me a fireball but I used my power to block it, "What's wrong with you, Sooyoung? Why are you like this?"

 

I heard her laugh, "See, Seohyun. You trusted a wrong person." she said. "What?" Then I felt something smashed my nape and I automatically fell down, I felt pain in my head like I've been smashed ten times. Before my sight is getting blurry, I heard her voice again.

 

"Looks like you've catch some fish to preserve, Sooyoung."

 

That voice.

 

That voice of a murderer.

 

"You promise me you won't do anything to them." Sooyoung said to her, "Of course, darling. I only want Joohyun, and not a pathetic winged vampire." she answered. "Winged vampire?" Sooyoung looked to Yoona for a while, "What do you mean? Yoona can fly?"

 

"I'll tell you later, but for now..." she looked to me and grinned, "We must test her, how long would it take her sanity will last? I like her being insane."

 

"No..." That's all I could respond before I passed out.

 

---