25: A Story of Vengeance

Living as a Vampire

"Untold Story of Yoona"

 

I was time-warped into another place, it was dark and only torches inside, lighting up the way. I followed the trail of torches and I hear a scream like she's been tortured in a cell. I walked to the direction where I heard a scream, I saw a woman who's arms are chained up sideward while kneeling on the ground, then there's a man with a whiplash and whipping her back.

 

The woman screamed again as she is being whipped over and over again, I saw fresh scars all over her body, torn clothes which she's almost . "Have you decided to join with us?" I heard a vampire asked her, "I... I will never... ever going to join with the demons like you!" she refused as she glared at him. Then she whipped again hard, making her screamed again. "I will never sell my soul to the demons like you! You bloodsuckers-- AH!" she cried out.

 

"Stop." Catharine came behind him.

 

The older vampire stopped torturing the girl and looked to her, "You almost whipped her to death." Catharine said to him. "She is now near death, Aro have to turn her." he answered, she glared at him, "I will be the one who will turn her." she insisted. "Demetri wants to talk to you in the courtyard." The vampire just nodded and went out of the cell.

 

Catharine looked to her pitifully, the tortured girl didn't say something to her. She knelt in front of her, "Yoona." she called her name, but Yoona didn't respond. "I'm sorry, I should not let you go with me." she said but she's still didn't respond. "I am really sorry, Yoona. Please, say something." she pleaded.

 

"Turn me."

 

The two words mentioned her, makes Catharine looked to her with a horrifying look. "I have already sell my soul to you, Catharine. Since I have d with a demon like you." She shook her head, "No, I will never going to make you one of us. I will find a place where you were safe, it is for your own good." she refused.

 

"There is no turning back. I let myself go with you here in Florence that I thought it's a nice place, but it turns out to be a nightmare. They gave me a choice, I better die here or live here as a new creature. Then it's better for me to die." Yoona gave her a slight smile, "I am not going to let you die here, Yoona." she said to her. "I want you to live as a human, I want you to live well."

 

"Then turn me, I want to live with you." Yoona insisted. "You know that I do not want to hurt you." She said, "And you know that love can hurt too." Yoona shot back. "I'm in love to a beautiful person who turned out to be a vampire. You know how much pain you gave me when I knew the truth about you? Until now, it's still hurts."

 

Catharine remained silent as she heard what she said, "You just love me because you really want my blood or I am just a human who can easily be fooled." Yoona muttered. Catharine turn to her with a crimson red eyes, "Do you think I loved you because I want your blood? Do you still think I'm a monster to you? Answer me." Her voice went a bit louder. "If it is a yes, then I was wrong to love a human who never doubt me for who I am."

 

"And I was wrong to love a beautiful lady who really is a vampire." Yoona muttered with a half-smile on her bloody mouth, "You just make my life worst than I thought it would be." Catharine was going to slap her, but I know she would hurt Yoona more. She tried to calm herself before she would do something to her.

 

She stood up and broke the chains, I saw Yoona smiled. She fell down on the ground, she's so thin and weak. Yoona's weak and wounded body lies on Catharine's knees, "Why did you do that?" Yoona asked her. "I can't let you die here," her eyes redden again and her fangs expossed on her teeth, "I can't live without you, you must live with me... now and for eternity." Then she bit her, making Yoona's eyes widen.

 

"I know you can't resist it, Catharine." She whispered while the vampire is almost done drinking her blood. Catharine bit her lower lip with her fangs, blood flows down from her lower lip. Then she kissed her, letting herself to taste her blood. Few moments later, Yoona closes her eyes.

 

Then Catharine looked to her bloody face, she tucked her hair on the ear and she pecked her on her cold cheeks. "Good night, my love. I don't want you to suffer more in hell." She whispered and hugged her while sobbing. 

 

 

YOONA

 

So this is what the afterlife looks like, empty, dark and I was the only one standing in the middle of nowhere. I don't know where am I to go. Then I heard screams, screams like they are all going to die. "Yoona! You have to run!" A male voice said to me, he's so familiar. Very familiar. "Jaejoong?" I mentioned his name.

 

"Save yourself, Yoona!" A female voice said to me, she's familiar too. "Minah?" I mentioned her name. Then I was snapped out of my consciousness as I figured out that they are my childhood best friends, we have been friends since we were in orphanage. They are like my sister and brother. Until...

 

"I am sorry, Yoona. I did this for money." Jin, one of our best friends. He is the one who tried to killed us, I shouldn't befriended him ever since. He killed Minah and Jaejoong, but he missed me. He is the reason why I was blamed by all the people of Ellenford, then I was chased by men.

 

I have to avenge my two best friends but I was too weak, too coward to face him. He is the general of the army of Ellenford, he's gotten stronger and farther than I am. I am still an outcast, a coward and a mere human.

 

"You are not a mere human anymore." 

 

What?

 

I opened my eyes and I was in a tub full of... Blood? I almost scream and was to jump off but someone calms me down, "Shh, it's alright. It was just a blood." I turn around and saw her with a smile. "Blood? Are you insane? How long did I soaked in here?" I asked her with a glare.

 

"Two days, it helps you to regenerate your wounds faster. The more platelets will enter, the faster your wounds will be healed." She said, still smiling at me but then she frowned. "I saw your past before I know you. I also thought that you will never be awake."

 

I just stayed silent and think about something. I have been here for two days with no clothes on and soaked with a tub full of blood? So I was turned two days ago? I looked on my arms, there's no traces of scars in it. My skin is a bit pale. I feel no heart beat. I feel that I am now a living dead. So this is what being a vampire looks like.

 

"Curious of what you are now?" She asked, I looked to her. "Am I already... dead?" I asked her, "Obviously, yes. Being a new born is kind of a bit confusing, like changing your body to a new you." she explained it to me. "The blood of a vampire can change you from inside and out, you'll know that you are a vampire when-- you know, hunger for blood. A new fledgeling needed blood first, when you wake up your first objective in your mind is to drink blood."

 

"Can I just drink an animal blood? I don't want to kill a person just for that." I suggested, "Here's your first and very important reminder, Yoona. Vampires only drink human blood. You want to be insane and become a rabid who is crazy for blood? There is no exception of drinking blood, if you want to avoid to kill some humans, you have to stick with me."

 

"I will tell you more about this later, but first, you have to get your clothes on. I will be waiting you at the living room." Then she left.

 

After bathing myself in the tub, I wore a beautiful dress she gave me then I walked to the living room where she was waiting for me. She's reading an old book while she was waiting. As she saw me, she smiled and put her book down.

 

I sighed, "So... am I drinking blood yet?" I asked, "When you feel hungry. Are you hungry?"

 

"No. I feel normal." I answered. "It's because you bathed in the tub for two days, and it's a good way to regenerate your wounds plus it helps you to lessen your hunger. Got it?" I just nodded at her explainations. She smiled, "Good." then she got up from the couch. "I guess I have to train you how to be a vampire." I followed her to the balcony, as I stepped outside, I felt hot, sizzling burn on my face.

 

I hissed and backed out of the sun, I heard her laugh. I looked to her, she wasn't burning through the sun. "I forgot to tell you that only fully-fledged vampires can walk through the day." She said, "What?" My eyebrows twitched as she said that. "You are not fully-grown yet, so you are not allowed to go outside when the sun is rising."

 

"Then why should I do to look like you?" I asked, "To be a fully-grown vampire, you have to drink the blood of your creator." She answered. "Then I have to drink your blood." I took a step forward but she's faster than me and smiled mischievously, "Not so fast, my love. You have to wait for three days before you drink my blood." Then she touched my cheek, "And you should... change your eyes into a normal one."

 

"Huh?"

 

She took a mirror and faced it to me, I was surprised as I saw my eyes are red unlike the normal color itself. "What should I do?" I asked as I pointed my eyes, she smirked. "You have to focus on changing it to your normal color." She instructed, she showed how to change the color of her eyes. I tried to focus myself on changing it to my normal color, and it was a success.

 

 

After three days, I drinked her blood. So sweet. So fond. So delicious. She taught me everything about vampires, she told me to leave what is my life back when I was a human. But I can't, I have to kill Jin. I have to kill that betrayer who murdered Jaejoong and Minah.

 

Then another decades later, I have a nerve to get revenge. It's time to kill a bastard.

 

"You have to forget those things, Yoona. Revenge rewards nothing." Sooyoung stopped from leaving the mansion, "You can't stop me, Sooyoung. I have waited ten years to keep my vengeance, but it's time to murder someone." I said and put my hood on. "If Lady Catharine finds out where you are going, she will--" Hyoyeon said but I cut her off.

 

"I was once a human from Ellenford, but I have to go back for revenge. They all thought that I was dead, then they are wrong." I said, "You know, there is no vampires there. They didn't allow vampires to come in." Yuri came and stopped in front of me. "Get the hell out of my way." I gritted my teeth.

 

Someone grabbed my arm, "You better forget about your revenge, Sooyoung was right, revenge rewards nothing." Taeyeon said to me calmly. "You don't know what I am talking about." I muttered and looked to her, "You are not the only one who gets revenge with." she said to me. "I don't care what will happened to me, I will kill him for a reason. And that reason is to give justice for my love ones." I removed my arm to her and continue to walk outside.

 

"You haven't told me about Jin."

 

I stopped as I heard her cold tone of her voice, I can feel she walked behind me. As I turn around, I saw her eyes blazing in anger. But I didn't care. "Why you have to get revenge? Revenge will not make you happy." She said to me, "I don't need advice coming from a pathetic gifted." That was the harshest words I said to her.

 

In a snap, I'm against the wall. I just made her really angry, I can see in her eyes, fiery flames inside of it. I felt a force crawling to my neck and it tightened a grip, "Repeat what you just said." now her voice went harder as she tightened the force of grip on my neck. "I should never turned you into this." She said to me, "Be thankful you are still alive because of me, but you became rude and let revenge drive you into this."

 

"I... I have to do this for them..." I said, she scoffed, "You think murdering Jin can make them happy? You think Jin's death will give justice to them? Just because you are now a vampire, you can do this all by yourself? Did I turn you for this? Listen to me, Yoona. Minah and Jaejoong are dead."

 

"Don't say their names in front of me." I whispered. "They are dead, Yoona. I told you to forget those things back when you are a human. Keep that in mind that they are dead, your best friends are dead--"

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

A lightning spark spread throughout of my body, it hit Catharine's arms making her groan and fell down. Her force dissapeared on my neck and I fell down too, "You... You don't know how it feels to have no family since birth, you don't know how it feels to be betrayed by someone whom you trusted so much. He killed them, he killed what matters me the most." I manage to stood up from the floor.

 

"You can't stop me from doing this. You can't!" I run outside and ride a horse to Ellenford...

 

~~

 

As she is back to where she was born, Ellenford. The village which she have had her best and worst memories. For ten years, it still haven't changed. But she have heard the security is now very strict than she last got here. Her main objective here is to kill him.

 

She went to the cave where she get passed through the walls, then went to the tavern to have some time to stay. One of the customers recognized her, she thought she was dead. People in here thought Yoona is dead.

 

"If I tell you, you won't kill me." she said to her, Yoona nodded and put her hood down. "Just tell me where he is, Taehee. I won't kill you if you tell me." she said, "O-Okay, Jin is going to throw a masquerade ball in the palace. He is been loyal to the king since he was promoted into a general, and they have to celebrate." she said to her. "Celebrate huh?" she commented then she smirked.

 

"I thought you are dead, what happened to you?" Taehee asked her, "I am dead." she answered making the woman gaped in surprise. "You are a..." She stepped backwards as she found out that her friend is now an outcast vampire, Yoona stepped faster than her and grabbed her collar. "Don't say it or else..." She threatened with a cold piercing glare.

 

"A-Alright, I'll never say it." Taehee answered, "But why are you here?"

 

"I have to meet Jin in the ball, and I need your help." She said, "Why do you need my help?" Yoona looked around, checking if there's some people might see or hear her. "I need a back-up for this, and then, I will pay you." The vampire offered, then the woman brightened her face when she heard her. "I will give you money." Then Yoona showed a small sac of gold coins to her, "You are really paying me this?" The vampire just nodded.

 

"It will be fast. After I get what I want, I will never going back here anymore." She said, "If I knew you killed somebody there in the ball, and after that, can I tell everybody that you are now a vampire?" The vampire glared at her, "Idiot. No one will believe in you. I don't want you to get in trouble. Besides, forget about me after this. I will never going back here." Taehee just giggled.

 

"Fine, so, what is the plan?" The woman asked.

 

~~

 

Tonight, at the masquerade ball. The palace was full of lights inside and out, the people wear beautiful dresses and masks for the event and an orchestra playing songs that suit for the ball. The people inside are dancing, talking and enjoying the moment inside the palace.

 

The vampire wore a bit seductive dress, it was backless, long sleeved dress. While Taehee wore a pastel-colored dress but not too seductive. "How can we get inside? We have no invitation cards." Taehee questioned her, but Yoona stayed silent and grabbed her, she jumped high to pass the wall. Yoona turned to her with a sarcastic smile, "We don't need invitation cards if I can jumped high."

 

"You forgot to wear this." Taehee gets their masks, then the vampire get it and wear it not to exposed her identity. "Thanks." Then they went inside the ball, as expected, too many humans inside.

 

Yoona sniffed, then her face darkened, "Too many scents." She whispered very low. Taehee went to her, "Are you okay?" She asked her, "Y-Yes." Said the taller woman and smiled at her. "We have to split. if something happened, please don't be involved." She warned her making the woman nodded and they split ways. As Yoona was getting out of the crowd, someone followed her.

 

She went to the place where no crowds, 'Okay, Yoona. You have to calm down, make a deep breath and keep calm,' she thought to herself and took a deep breath, "You can do this." she muttered and turn around. She saw a man with a half-moon mask in his face, "You seemed to be new here, lady." his voice was very familiar. "Yes, I was. I was invited by a friend of mine, sadly, she is busy working in the blacksmith." She act like she's new here, she's good at acting.

 

The man smiled at her, "Can I have a dance with you?" he requested with a hand. Yoona stared at him, inside, she wants to kill him now but it would ruin the event. Few seconds later, she smiled and grabbed his hand. They danced in the center of the crowd, making Yoona to be more uncomfortable. "Are you alright, lady?" the man asked her, "Yes, a little bit uncomfortable." she answered with a nervous smile.

 

"Why?" the man twirled the vampire, "Because... I am not good at dancing, really." Yoona answered, trying to hide her face by looking down. "Well, dancing with me makes you real good in it." he complimented, "Really?" she looked to him. The man nodded. "If dancing with me make you uncomfortable, lady, then let's go to my room." He grabbed her arms and went to his private room upstairs.

 

As they went inside, "Have a sit, young lady." He offered her a couch. The vampire smiled and sit on it, "Thank you." she thanked him for being a gentleman, then the man gets a wine and put it on the table. "I don't actually drink wine, but thank you." she said to him, "Then what do you want to drink?" he asked and took a sip of his glass of wine.

 

"Try to guess it?" She put a smile on it, then she crossed her flawless legs. "Juice?" he guessed but she shooked her head, "Hmm. Coffee?" she shooked her head again, "Then what? You are making this difficult." Jin gave up. She smirked and stood up from the couch, "You don't know?" then he leaned her lips on his ear. "I want blood."

 

The man widened his eyes and looked to her, she's just smiling there, smiling like it was his last night. Jin was going to shout a vampire but Yoona quickly caught her neck and bumped him against the wall, "Not so fast, Jin. I know your only weakness is a vampire." she said. "W-Who are you?" he asked with a terrified look.

 

She smirked and removed the mask, revealing a beautiful and an ageless face of an angel. "Y-Yoona? H-How?" she tightened her grip against his neck, "Everyone thought I am dead. Yes, I was dead. I was dead when I was out of the village and never be seen again. And you know the reason why I'm here again?" but Jin doesn't have any clue of it. "I came here to join your little celebration and kill you."

 

"You don't h-have to do this. I beg you." Jin begged but Yoona didn't seemed to be begged for, then she laughed. "You killed Minah and Jaejoong, you did that for money. You did that just to follow your dream to be rich. And now you are begging me?" Her eyes went red making Jin to be scared more, "Now, you will be crushed in hell, forever."

 

"No! You demon! No--!" Yoona took his heart out and blood splatered on her face. 

 

She looked to his heart, then she slowly laughed. Her eyes went back to normal color, then she her fingers coated by Jin's blood. "She's right. Revenge rewards nothing." Then she walked to the opened window and left.

 

Jin's death spread throughout the village, no traces of evidence found in his room. In the investigation, his heart has been taken out, and not normal humans would do that unless it was a vampire. Her friend, Taehee forget about her. She told her to forget about her after her plan is accomplish. Then she did, she acted like she didn't know her anymore.

 

Yoona went back to where she lives now, she completely forgot all the things when she was a human and lived with Catharine...

 

 

---

Yey! Just got finish the update! And I'm pretty late now, I need to sleep. Wait for my next update! Stay tuned!!!