20: Body Double?

Living as a Vampire

 

"Okay, I'm sorry-- Ow! Hey!" A shorter woman groan as she was thrown a book on her face, "You're fired! You can't do anything to this company! Get out of my office and of my building!" A raging manager just fired her. "Pack your things up! Get the out of here!" He yelled again.

 

As she got out of the manager's office, she went to her cubicle and packed her things. She scoffed and cursed, "Stupid manager, I didn't do anything." She whispered as she put her things on the box. After she packed up, she went out of the building and drive home. She went inside of her house and put her things on the table, "Taewoo!" she yelled her brother's name.

 

"Yes, Noona!" A boy hugged her tightly, "You came back early, noona. What happened?" he asked her older sister. "Got fired for the fourth time." she let out a sigh, a boy frowned but smiled eventually, "Don't worry, Taeyeon noona. You'll find a better job someday." he said to her sister.

 

Taeyeon smiled and ruffled his hair, "So, you hungry?" she asked his brother if he's hungry, then he nodded. "Great. I'll cook your favorite bibimbap for lunch." she said making her brother to jump and smiled, "Yey! Bibimbap!" he cheered. Then she started to cook his favorite bibimbap.

 

While she's cooking, she can't avoid remembering the night when she met a vampire who looked really like her and almost gave her a heart attack. Her eyes, lips, nose, really the same as her. I really look like her, like a twin. she thought.

 

"Ow!" she yelped and checked her thumb covered with blood. She remembered the vampire's bloody red eyes that night, even though she's kinda scary, she is still beautiful. She get the first aid kit and covered it in a bandage and went back to her cooking...

 

~~

 

"So you called me just to ask something?"

 

Taeyeon nodded, "Yeah, and my job too." she added. "Hmm, let me guess... You got fired, again?" her friend guessed making the shorter woman nodded again, "Yeah, the manager blamed me for breaking one of the vending machine, and he even throw me a book on my face." she pointed herself. Her friend nodded and leaned her body on the chair, "Hey, Jiyeon. I need money, mind if you can hire me as one of your waitress in this coffee shop?" she asked.

 

She laughed, "Oh, Taeng. You think I'm gonna need a new waitress? Well, sorry then. I can't." she refuses. Taeyeon groaned and holds Jiyeon's hand, "Please, Jiyeon! I really need money for Taewoo!" she begged. "Yeah, I know. Uhmm, is that all you want to ask?"

 

"Well, there's one more question." the shorter woman said, "Is the doppleganger really exist?" she asked. Jiyeon's eyes widen, "Doppleganger?" she mentioned and gaped eventually. "Oh, about that. Yeah, it really exist." she answered and took a sip of her coffee, "Well, tell me about it." Taeyeon said, "Hmm, the really common of it was, when you see your body double, same face, same body, you will die." she said seriously, making the shorter woman gulped.

 

She remember again of what that vampire said to her, if she tell anyone about what she saw. The vampire will be back to kill her. "So why did you ask?" Taeyeon startled as her friend asked her, "Oh, uhh... Nothing, I just want to know." She lied, not to tell the truth about last night. But that's weird, her doppleganger let her run away instead of killing her and die.

 

"I almost forgot, your older brother Taecyeon called me last night. He asked if I know where you are, you know, he's very worried about you." Jiyeon changed the subject, "Oh, I lost my phone last night. I don't know if I accidentally dropped it or someone stole it, I was on my way home from work last night." She explained.

 

Last night was her unforgettable night, something weird happened and she really saw real vampires. "But don't worry, I'll buy a new one." She smiled at her and finished drinking her coffee. Jiyeon's lip curves, "So you want me to hire you as a waitress?" she asked again to the shorter woman, then nodded. "Maybe you can be a singer in here every M-W-F. I know you very well, Taeyeon. You can sing."

 

"Really? You're kidding right?" She said like it was a joke, "Come on, Taeyeon. You're in the bloodline of Kang, you can sing." Jiyeon answered seriously. "Okay, I accept the offer."

 

TAEYEON

 "Taeyeon, where have you been?" Oh no, Taecyeon oppa is now angry.

 

Okay, Taengoo. Just smile and tell him that you are with Jiyeon lately, I thought. I smiled, "Oppa~ I'm just with Jiyeon, we had a lot of things we've talk about, okay?" I said and passed through him. I know he's very worried about me, because I'm the only daughter. Yes, that's why Taewoo and Taecyeon oppa are over protective to me.

 

"Ok Taeyeon, don't walk away like that, I'm not finish talking to you." He said with a tone of demanding, I put my bag on the couch and look to him. Now he's glaring at me, "Did I just heard that you got fired again? What did you do this time?" His voice went calm. I shrugged, "I don't know, they just blamed me for breaking one of their vending machine." I reasoned.

 

"That's unfair!" He bursted out, "They shouldn't blame you like that, we have to report this." Then he walked to reach the telephone. My eyes widen and run to him, "Oppa! Stop that! You're just trying to make things worst!" I stopped him.

 

He laughed and looked at me, "You have to make things better, Taeyeon. You're already 24, but you still acted like a 10-year-old kid." He reminded me. I rolled my eyes, "You know, I can handle myself-- and yes, I'm already 24 and I know everything. I can make my own decisions." I answered.

 

"Come on, Taeyeon. You're the only girl in our family, you have to--"

 

"Oppa... Just because I'm the only daughter, you have to make me look well-mannered and pleasant girl in our family. Why can't I be a normal lady?" That made my last straw snap, "Because you're the one who will heir the inheritance of our grandfather." He shot back.

 

I know he is very mad now, and I don't make apologies at him. "I am tired of being like this, and I don't ing care about the inheritance." I answered, "Hey, don't use a foul word, missy." He warned by pointing his finger to me. "Oppa, you should be the heir and not me. You're smarter than me, you're good in math since you studied at school, and you're more well-mannered and pleasant guy but... What the hell, why me?" I asked him.

 

"Dad wants you to be like your mom, she's smarter than him and--" I cut him off, "Please don't talk about my mom. Again." I emphasized the word again. "Listen, Kang Saejin." Now he mentioned my real name, "I know it's hard but you have to understand, okay? It's our family's rules."

 

 I shook my head as no, "No, I can't be the heir. You must the heir." I said then walked away and locked on my room. Why the hell they want me to be a heir? Why can't Taecyeon oppa be the heir? I throw myself in my bed and close my eyes, thinking that it was just a dream...

 

~~

 

"You know, I'm actually confuse about you."

 

I opened my eyes and saw myself, grinning at me. I jump out of my bed as I saw her again, "Whoa, hey! I'm not here to surprise you." She said. "Why are you here? How did you find my place?" I asked with a glare, "What if I said that I can track your scent in here?" She grinned more. I let out a big sigh and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah, you're a vampire."

 

"Are you going to kill me now?" I was nervous to ask that question. She laughed, a dorky laugh like mine, "Why? You want to end your life, human?" Yeah, just kill me to end my life because my family is driving me crazy! I thought.

 

"I have a name, don't call me like you've seen a first human." I snapped, she just shrugged like she don't care. "Well, what's your name then?" She asked as she went closer and sat beside me. "Taeyeon. Kang Taeyeon." I said to her my name, the vampire's eye widen. "Your name is my name too!" She said like she was surprised, "Got a problem with my name?" I asked. "Taeyeon is my name too, Kim Taeyeon."

 

I shook my head in disbelief, "You're kidding, right?" I don't believe her. I really don't believe her! Even my name?! Then she gave me a scary glare, "I'm serious, really, my name is Taeyeon too."

 

Well that's a problem, same faces, same voice, same body, and even names? I knew it! She's my doppleganger! But difference is: First, she's a vampire. Second, her hair was stawberry blonde while my hair was plain black. Third, she's a bit odd and scary. Fourth, she dresses like a bad girl. And fifth, she's not my twin.

 

"So you're a doppleganger." I muttered while suspiciously looking to her, she snickered and looked at me. "I thought that you're a doppleganger too, and I also thought that I'm going to die-- oh, I'm already dead." she corrected in her last phrase and let out a smile. I sighed and looked down, "Ohh please, this is just a dream." I muttered again while closing my eyes.

 

"Oh my dear, you're not dreaming. This is the reality." she commented. I covered my ears and said, "I didn't hear anything!" and still thinking that it was just a dream. Yes, it was just a dream. A ing dream!

 

"Ow!" I felt a little dizzy as she smack her cold hand on my forehead hard, I opened my eyes and saw her eyes redden and glaring at me. "Keep saying that or I'll make that worst." She threatened again, "Okay, okay. Fine!" I gave up, this is a reality. I saw my doppleganger, and she's a vampire.

 

Something snapped out of my mind, I looked at her and grin. Her eyebrows raised like I was going to say something, "What?" I just keep grinning at her. I had a great idea.

 

"Wait, what?" She backed away after I said to her my great idea, "I'm going to be you? That's not right, young lady!" She retorted. I sighed, "Look, Taeyeon Number Two, you're going to be my body double in case of some occassion coming up. I'm tired of being a puppet of the family, and their driving me crazy." I said to her while resting my body on my bed.

 

She scoffed and looked at me, "You know, Taeyeon Number One, we've just met. You met your doppleganger, I met my doppleganger. We don't really know each other yet." She clarify. Well, she has a point. Why would I do that if I didn't know everything about her?

 

I sighed, "Let's just do this thing," I lean closer to her without breaking a stare, "What if we can talk about each other? And that's when we're going to know each other!" I smiled as I finished what I'm saying.

 

she smirked and stood up, "You're right, we should know each other first." She commented. "But not for now." Then she walked to the open window, "Tomorrow, we can meet up at the nearest coffee shop, 10 in the morning." Then she jumped out and left. I took a deep breath and throw myself again in my bed.

 

Okay, I survived from the death. I thought she'll kill me.

 

 

---

Okay that's it for now, I can't still move on to that concert. But its okay,  someday I'll go to their concert.

Wait for my next update, stay tuned!