6: Abilities

Living as a Vampire

YOONA

"NO!!!"

 

I heard some loud banging noise in the kitchen, I jumped off from my bed, quietly. Not to wake up Yuri who's sleeping on the floor with her blanket and pillow. "Why are you crying like that?" I heard Hyoyeon's voice, "Someone ate my pizza!" Then Sooyoung cried again. "Stop whining! You shikshin, its just a freaking pizza." Hyoyeon said to her.

 

"I just bought it yesterday and eat it now." Sooyoung pouted. I scratch my head and went to them, "You're such a cry baby when it comes to food, it can't satisfy your hunger." I said. "Come on, guys! You know that I'm the big eater here." Sooyoung said. I heard Hyoyeon smirked, "Yeah, we know. But crying because of someone who ate your pizza is enough for you to stop being a big eater." she said.

 

"Whoah, what's going on?"

 

We saw Tiffany, Yuri and Sunny came over. "What's happening here? Why Sooyoung is crying?" Tiffany asked, "She's crying over a box of pizza." I answered. They just nodded, "Wait a second, does everybody know where Seohyun's body is?" All eyes widen as we heard that question.

 

"Seohyun's not there?!" We all asked, shocked. "And, where's Taeyeon?" Sunny asked, "Isn't it obvious, she's in her room, sleeping." Yuri answered. "No, I can't feel her presence here in our apartment." said Sunny.

 

"Are you all looking for me?"

 

We all turn our heads to Taeyeon, who's standing in front of the door, smiling while holding two boxes of pizza. "Where the hell are you?" Hyoyeon asked, "Uhmm... I went outside to-- you know, freshing up with a cold air a-and I bought two boxes of pizza." She said with a smile.

 

"Liar." Yuri muttered with a glare, "I know you went out with Seohyun." She added. Taeyeon sighed, "Okay. I go out with Seohyun." She admit. "How? Is she a vampire now?" Tiffany asked.

 

She just nod, and step aside as we saw Seohyun who's standing behind her. "Seohyun is that... you?" Sooyoung said while pointing her finger to her.

 

"Obviously, she is." We heard Jessica, "I'm sorry if I surprised you." Seohyun looked down. "No no, it's okay. We're just-- you know... Happy." Sunny said with a smile.

 

"Taeyeon! Are you the one who ate my pizza?" Sooyoung snapped.

 

"If you are thinking that I'm the one, you're wrong." She smirked, "I know that you're going to throw away my dukong so I brought two boxes." She said calmly. "Actually, I'm the one who ate your pizza, not her." Seohyun answered.

 

"I know I was new here and I don't know anything about being a vampire." She explained.

 

"See, Seohyun was the one." Taeyeon smirked, "She feels hungry that time, so she ate all the foods inside the refrigirator... including your precious box of pizza." Taeyeon turns her head to Sooyoung when she said that last phrase. "I have to teach her to live as one of us." She added. "Correction, WE have to teach her, not only you Taeyeon." I corrected, "Yeah right, whatever." she just rolled her eyes.

 

"You better change your clothes first, and then later, we're going to discuss this clearly." Yuri said, Seohyun nodded and headed to her room.

 

 

SEOHYUN

After changing my clothes, I headed to the living room again and we started to discuss about how to live like them. I don't know why I choose this, because I'm afraid of dying? I'm dead, because I'm a vampire. My skin was a little pale, my eyes turned into hazelnut color and I don't need to breath because I'm dead, its optional for me to breathe air because that can be more human.

 

We've discussed first about what vampires are, they tell me everything, about their true self. Vampires don't eat garlic, that's really true. Vampires no need to rest because we're dead and only the living can need that. Next, in every vampires, has an ability, not just running fast and climbing at the top of the tree. They had super powers. It was awesome, right? Some vampires are not sensitive from the sunlight, so I don't have to worry about it. And lastly, vampires can be killed by beheading and burn their bodies to the fire.

 

Well, having an ability is fun, but we can't use it all the time. It is for our protection and for fighting.

 

Taeyeon, the leader, she can levitate and uses light power. Jessica, the so-called ice princess, she can make nightmares using her glare and uses frost power. Sunny, the smidget, can levitate like Taeyeon and uses earth power. Tiffany, the eye smiler, she can hypnotize people with her smile and uses wind power. Hyoyeon, Taeyeon's blonde sister, she can summon all the animals and uses dark power. Yuri, the fierce one, can read minds and uses teleportation. Sooyoung, the tallest, can detect enemies from miles away and uses fire power. Yoona, the deer, can erase few memories by kissing it on cheeks or lips and uses lightning power. Me, I still don't know.

 

"Seohyun, are you listening?" I was snapped out of my mind when Yoona asked me. "Huh?" 

 

"I said, we have to train you to know what is your ability." She repeated and sighed. "Okay, I-I get it." I just answered.

 

~~ 

 

Then the next day, my training starts when me and Hyoyeon went inside the forest. Just the two of us, nothing more.

 

"Okay, this is your first training." she started, "I'll use my power of blindness, you'll not see anything but you can hear and sense."

 

"Is it hard?" I asked, she shook her head. "At first, but you'll get use to it." then she snapped her fingers as darkness conquers my sight. Now I can't see anything. "Ready?" she asked, I nodded.

 

Suddenly, a punch from nowhere came and hit my stomach. I stumbled on the ground and I groan, "Stand up, kid." I heard Hyoyeon's angry voice, I stood up but then another hit on my face and fell down again. "Come on, use your sixth sense!" she shouted, I stood up again and I sensed that another attack was coming so I dodged it.

 

"That's it, you got it!" she said, I just continue to dodge while she's throwing me punches and kicks on me. She's right, I'll used to it when I continue this. While dodging myself to her punches she said, "Stop." then I stopped. I heard she snapped again and darkness faded away, now I can see her, smiling. "You're a fast learner, aren't you?" she asked. "I don't think so." I said.

 

"I'm sorry if I punched and kicked you like that, its just a training." she apologized. "Its okay." I answered with a smile, she smiled back. "The next day is your very first training with Sooyoung." She said, "Tomorrow? Very first? I thought this was the--" I retorted but she interrupted me, "That's just a trial, my sister gave me orders to get you ready tomorrow." she explained.

 

"And that tomorrow was your first training." then she started to walk, "Hey, I need to get rest first." I said. She shot a glare to me, "Remember, vampires like us don't need to sleep or rest." she adviced.

 

I just sighed, "Let's go." she said and we started to run back to our home. While we're running, a sweet voice was heard behind us, "Oh, another fledgeling of yours?" we stopped and turn around.

 

A girl with a red hair and has a familiar eyes, "Excuse me, who are you?" I asked. She smirked, "Did Taeyeon adopt some fledgeling again, hmm?"

 

"How do you find us?" Hyoyeon muttered, she turns her head to me, "Stay at my back, Seohyun. She's deadlier than Jessica." she whispered. "Seriously, who is she?" I whispered back. "She was Jessica's little sister."

 

 

---

So this is the update! I'm sorry guys if you waited me to update, I just had to finish my project before the school year ends.

Thank you for reading this! ^_^ JJANG!