11: Beach

Living as a Vampire

SEOHYUN

In a whole week, I didn't talk to them, except Sooyoung and Yoona. I knew what happened to me that day when I suddenly attacked Yuri, because my emotions can't control itself. Yuri said everything what she wanted to say to me, but Yoona defended that she was just angry that's why she said that. They don't know me, they don't know what I had through. My brother died when I was only nine years old, then my parents were murdered when I was eighteen and now this, my mortal body died in a car accident. So, what's next?

 

Next Saturday, Yoona, Sooyoung and I went back to the bar. Last week was soju, now was vodka. "You know, things getting complicated when I met you guys." I said then took a sip of a vodka, the two looked at me. "Why?" they said, I shook my head and playing the glass I was holding, "One time, I asked myself, why me? Everyone else can, but why me? Why I choose this life with you?" I said.

 

Yoona sighed then holds my hand, "Because you are destined, It's not your time to end your life." Yoona said, "Yeah, and it's been a week we've met a human Seohyun, but that accident happened, our plan was to wait the time for you to turn, but Hyorin ruined it. She planned to kill you by putting you on the cliff with your aunt." Sooyoung explains. "Is Hyorin a vampire too?" I asked.

 

"Well, yeah. You're just eight when she was turned, so it's been decades since she was a vampire." she said, I didn't know that Hyorin was trying to kill me intentionally. "Thanks to Taeyeon, she killed her by ripping her head off and sent her body to the fire." Sooyoung smirked, "Taeyeon was really angry that time, she almost became a beast because of that."

 

So Taeyeon saved me... saved me by turning me into a monster. "Hey, don't think that Taeyeon saved you by turning you into a vampire." Out of nowhere, Yuri appeared to us, "You again?" Sooyoung stared at her seriously, "What? Is it bad to interrupt a conversation?" she smirked and looked to me. "Look, Taeyeon don't want you to become like this quickly. If you don't know, she has patience, she believes that 'Patience is a virtue'." she quoted.

 

"She's waiting for the time to tell you about this and turn you, but it turns out, it was ruined. You're near in death, so she saved you." she added.

 

"Then why she doesn't let me die there?" I asked. She rolled her eyes, "Because if she lets you, she'll wait again for six centuries until she was exhausted. She don't want to waste six centuries for nothing." she said. Wow, how important am I to her? Is it because of Catharine?

 

I looked at Yuri and gave her a threatening glare. Don't answer or else... I thought while Yuri is staring at me, she just nod. I know she read my mind. I didn't blocked my mind this time.

 

I heard Yoona yawned, "I need to go, tomorrow I have a photoshoot." she stood up and was going to walk away. "Hey." Yuri called out, Yoona turn around and stared blankly at her. Then a long pause came...

 

Long pause was broken when Yuri smiled sincerely, "I'm sorry for strangling you." she apologized. Yoona snorted, "Why are you saying that so suddenly?" she said, "Because I was the one who started..."

 

"You don't have to say sorry, I was the one, I lied to you. I am the one who will say sorry." she cuts her off, "No, I--" Yuri was to speak again but Yoona interrupts her again. "I'm sorry for lying to you, Yuri." she apologized coldly then walking away from us. Yuri used her teleportation and hugged her quickly, "Ugh, Yuri. Get away from me!" Yoona was pushing her away, "Oh come on, apology accepted!" Yuri said with a cute tone.

 

"You, Black Pearl! Let me go!" she said agitated, Yuri keeps cuddling her while Yoona was agitated and wants to remove her arms around her, how cute. "Can I go with you?" Said Yuri, with a childish tone, Yoona rolled her eyes and sighed. "You're getting close with me again?"

 

"Come on, just forget about that. We're friends again!" Yuri smiled, "Ohhh, you childish pearl." Said Yoona.

 

"These two still doesn't changed." Sooyoung said, I just nodded as I agree. "When will you go back to school?" She asked, I looked at her. "Monday," then took a sip of vodka, "Looks like Professor Hwang was gonna keep an eye on you." Sooyoung smirked. "Yeah, it's going to be hard for me to interract with them." I said, "Let me give you an advice," she lean closer to me, "Just get close with Tiffany everytime if your blood lust was emerging again, she can help you." she whispered then she winked.

 

~~

 

 

Next day, was our bonding day. Everyone inside of our apartment are getting ready for the beach, of course, we are excited.

 

I packed few clothes for the trip, while packing my things up, I heard a thing stumbled on the floor, I quickly turn my head on it and saw a box fell on the ground. I picked it up and opened it, this is my birthday gift given by my mom. A silver rosary. I thought I throw it away, but its just here. My parents are both Christians, they are very religious. I handed the pendant and I felt burn in my palm, "Ahh!" I hissed and accidentally remove the pendant on my hand and falls on the floor. I saw a cross-shaped burn at my palm, then I remember what they said to me, vampires only weakness was the cross.

 

Like Dracula, they feared the cross because it can burn our skin quickly, no vampires can hold the pain of it.

 

Few seconds, the burn quickly healed and I stared at the pendant. Now I feared the most precious gift by my mom, I picked the lace of the rosary, put it inside the box and hide it in the closet. Just in time when Sunny went on my room, "Did you packed already?" she asked, excitedly. I nodded, "Yeah, let's go." I smiled and went out of the room.

 

"Oh yes! Beach party!" Tiffany cheered and jumped like a child while her one arm wraps around Taeyeon's shoulder, "Argh, you better behave Tiffany." Taeyeon threatened. "Okay." she smiled.

 

"Since when do you think about planning to have a picnik?" Jessica scowls at Taeyeon, "Hmm, five hours ago." She answered. "Things getting a little complicated for now, so why freshen up Jess?" Hyoyeon said with a smile, "You've got a mood swings since your little sis came." She added.

 

"Has everyone have their foods already?" Yuri asked, "I have!" Of course, Sooyoung always present when it comes to food. Yesterday, me and Sooyoung shopped from the store to buy some foods for the trip.

 

"Let's go to the beach!" Sunny cheered and went to the van, Tiffany was in charge of driving while Taeyeon was sitting next to her. Sunny, Jessica and Hyoyeon are in the middle. Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and I were on the back.

 

While in the middle of the road...

 

"Guys, we have to stop here." Tiffany announced as she pulled the car on the parking lot of a building, "Why are we stopped?" Hyoyeon asked. We are all confused. Tiffany got off the car and checked if there's any problem, I heard Taeyeon's exhausting sigh and got off too.

 

"Is there a problem, Fany?" Taeyeon asked her, "Ohh Taetae, there is." Tiffany answered. "Then what?" Taeyeon raises her eyebrows, "There must be a leak under the van." Tiffany pointed. Taeyeon looked under the van and saw it. "Yeah, what are we going to do?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Tiffany shrugged. She groan, "Just drive, okay? We have to get there." Taeyeon insisted then went back inside and Tiffany continues to drive until we reached to the destination.

 

~~

 

I can feel the heat of the ground as I stepped out of the van and started to walk slowly, the sun was still shining up exposing my pale skin, I can hear the seashore miles away and I can feel the breeze of the wind here.

 

"Would you mind helping these things up?" I was startled as I heard Hyoyeon's aggressive tone, I looked at her, carrying a picnik basket. "Oh, uh, sorry." Then I helped them setting things up, "Seohyun, can you put this grill in our hut." Tiffany said and handed me the grill and carried it to the hut.

 

As we finished setting the things in our hut, we started to changed clothes. We just wear simple shirts and shorts, I don't want to wear bikini, I'm sensitive so as them. I went out of the bathroom and went to the hut, I waited for the two to come out, Sooyoung and Yoona of course. I think I won't be able to live without them, it's been a week since the two talked to me.

 

"Let's go to the bea-ach, let's get them away~" Sunny started to sing as she got out of the bathroom. After they got out of the bathroom one by one, we started to play at the beach. We played volleyball first and since were nine, one should be the scorer. Jessica was the one, she don't like this kind of sport so she can be the scorer. "No." she refuse, we all groan. "C'mon Jess, it's one for all, all for one!" Sooyoung insisted.

 

"Sooyeon, don't be so kill joy. Sometimes you have to ride in, not all the time you're on your own world." Tiffany said, Jessica just rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

 

"Jessi, you better stand up and join or else I'll tell everyone here your dirty little secret." Yuri threatened, "Okay, okay. I'll join!" she said and stood up. I chuckled quietly, Jessica gave me a dagger glare. I raised my eyebrows, "What?" I mouthed.

 

"Here! Catch!" Sooyoung threw the ball through the net to Taeyeon. Here's the team. I'm with the Tall Team consist of Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung. While the Short Team consist of Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany. I don't know why we regroup ourselves by height.

 

"Yah!" Taeyeon catches the ball and passed it to Hyoyeon, she tossed the ball then Sunny smacked it to me. I grin and use my force not to hit the ball on my face, the ball bounce back to them. "Hey! You cheated!" Tiffany accused me, "You didn't said first the rules." I defended. Tiffany rolled her eyes, "Taeyeon, please explain." she said to the shorter woman.

 

Taeyeon gave her a mischievous smile, "Too late, we're on the game." she said. In the middle of the game, we're dumped, the shorties are stronger than we expected. "How's that? 34 over 50." Taeyeon said with a smirk. Yuri was panting already, so was I, "Looks like two of the Tall Team wants to give up." Sunny added.

 

I wanna give up, they're too strong. Yuri's thought came on my mind.

 

I looked at Yuri who's looking at me, Are we gonna give up now? I thought to her. She just shrugged.

 

"Hey! Don't you dare to think we're giving up!" Sooyoung shouted causing us two to startled and looked at her, "Wait a sec, Soo. Give us a minut--"

 

"No! I'll never give you two rest until we dumped them!" she cuts me off, now I know why Sooyoung was afraid of getting lose. Yoona smirked, "You have to let them rest, it's been an hour and a half." she said to her. "Yoona, you too?" Sooyoung glared at her, "Let them rest, we can handle this. I don't want them to get tanned skins, especially Yuri." after that, Yoona giggled.

 

"Hey!" Yuri retorted, "Go now, get rest. We can handle it." Yoona smiled. "Are you sure?" I asked, she just nod. Yuri and I went to our hut and rest for a minute, we feel exhausted. Yuri groaned as she placed her wet towel on her head, "I feel I'm going to vomit anytime soon." she muttered. "Yeah, I don't play too much under the sun." I agreed.

 

Few moments later, I feel dizzy and hungry, I touched my scalp trying my head to stay put. "Seohyun, are you okay?" Yuri asked since were the only two inside the hut, "N-Not really, I-I think my blood lust was emerging again." I said. I she quickly sat beside me, "Control yourself as you can. I'll find the blood bag." she said and starts to find the blood bag.

 

I hold both my hands on my head still trying to hold back the blood lust, "Hurry up." I said while gritting my teeth. "Where is it? Where is it?!" Yuri said and still finding the blood bag. I felt my fangs coming out and my eyes started to change color.

 

"Tie yourself in a strong pole..."

 

"Wait until the full moon dissapeared..."

 

I heard what the woman said to me.

 

"I... I..." I stuttered as I can't hold it any longer, "I. Want. Blood." that's the last words before I go insane...

 

 

---

Here's the update! Hope u enjoy it! Ciao!