Chapter 2..... "Chances"

My Sweet Bear

"My Sweet Bear"

Hug 2

~Chances~

(at Allyn's house)

Fried eggs~ sunny-side-up, kimchi, fried rice and lettuce rolls are served on their dining table.

 "Again?" she said.
 
 "What?"
 
 "What what? I mean, this is the 10th day were having that breakfast! Aren’t you losing your appetite eating them every day? Every single day?" she said with a loud voice.
 
 "Dear, don’t blame me. That’s all I can cook. I don’t and YOU don’t have a choice.", her mother emphasizing her.
 
 "We never had a decent breakfast after you fired-."
 
 "You fired her, not me dear."
 
 She wasn’t able to continue what she was saying because her mother cut it out.
 
 That is what they call sweet. They like their own version of "mother-daughter relationship". They treat each other as if they were best friends. Talk like classmates. And fought like kids. However, Allyn never loses her respect for her mother. She respects her so much though it doesn’t show.
 
 "I didnt!" she refused.
 
 "Yes you did."
 
 "No-"
 
 "I didnt."
 
 "Yes-"
 
 "You did.", her mother cutting all her statements.
 
 "Fine, I did!", she finally admitted
 
 "See? You did!"
 
 "I didn’t mean it."
 
 "But it’s done, dear."
 
 "She resigned!"
 
 "You scared her away."
 
 "Well, I guess I have no choice but to yell at her after ruining my favorite Kiss Me shirt! I just don’t thought that it would scare her away" she said.
 
 "It’s just a shirt."
 
 "MOM! That was my most precious shirt for crying out loud!"
 
 "It’s still a shirt dear. Go and buy a new one. I already gave your allowance for this month.", her mother said.
 
 "Mom, I can’t find it anywhere, you know that. I am the one who designed it. It’s very important.", she answered back with a soft tone.
 
 She is taking-up interior designing and on her 2nd year. She loves creating stuffs and arts. That’s why she decided to take that course. Good thing her mother supported her. After her father’s death 10 years ago and her best friend left her, her mother is the only one who stood by her side.
 
 "You know how much it means to me."
 
 "Okay I know. I’m sorry that I made you feel that way again."
 
 "It’s alright mom."
 
 "Well, I just don’t get it. Why do teenage girls love the song 'bingo-‘"
 
 "'Bingeul'", she corrected.
 
 "’Bingeul bingo' song."
 
 She grabbed her forehead and sighed for her mother's endless mistake.
 
 "Why do they like. . .uhm. . .U . . U. . .uhm~" winding her hands like it was rotating something on air. "U. . .U. . .ah-"
 
 "U-Kiss mom. Its U-Kiss." she finally said.
 
 "Yeah right! U-Kiss! I don’t even know why they and why YOU like them so much."
 
 "Their sound is BRAVE. Uhm, they are all cute and adorable. They are great singers. And I really like the way they style. And he is. . ." 
 
 "Oh forget about them, dear. I still don’t get it." her mother said.
 
 "Urgh-! Mom! You're a teenage magazine editor but you can’t even bare with your teenage daughter!" she exclaimed.
 
 "Relax dear. Let us just forget about that and eat our breakfast. Okay?". Her mother was rubbing her hands as if she was calming her down. "I guess you should find another past time. You have six months. Go. Have fun.", her mother continued.
 
 She sighed. She and her mother always fight even with small things. She might understand why her mother don’t like them because of the different language. But for almost nothing? It’s not fair.
 
 "I guess I'll stay here. I have everything I need in my room."
 
 "I still think you need to find a new hobby.", her mother said.
 
 She grabbed her forehead. She was about to say something when their phone rings. She is standing up but her mother was fast and already half way the phone.
 
 "I'll get it.", her mother said.
 
 She stares at her mother while it picks up the phone. She shuts and silently listens on her mother’s voice.
 
 "Hey sir. . .fine. . .thanks again. . .next article. . .-kiss. . .wait. . .3 5 6 4 7 9 1 manager. . .Yah I know her. . .oh stylist. . .-all her. . .thanks bye!", her mother hung-up then return to the table.
 
 She wasn’t able to hear her mother clearly but she knew what it was all about.
 
 "So, a new article?", she said opening the conversation once again.
 
 "Yah. I'll be interviewing a group managed by my friend.", her mother answered.
 
 "Which group?", she asked while about to bite another piece of lettuce rolls.
 
 "The group you like.", her mother answered back.
 
 She paused for a while. The lettuce on her hand right, in front of . Her mind was trying to absorb every word her mother said.
 
 "The one that I like?", she repeated.
 
 "Yah, U-Kiss. Their manager also told me that the boy's stylist will be gone for six months, they are looking for a new one.", her mother agreed.
 
 There it goes. Her mother is going to write an article about them. U-KISS. Ah~, the group that she wants to meet personally. They are not just big stars- they are HUGE STARS. Their popularity is undeniable.
 
 She bites the lettuce rolls. Then face her mom again. It was eating peacefully on the other side of the table.
 
 “Ohhh. Really?”, she simply asks while hiding her smile.
 
 “Yeah. After my vacation I’ll have an interview with them. The manager of the magazine told me they will be a great cover for the next month’s issue.”, her mother answered back.
 
  The smile on her face widens. She feels her cheek was on fire. She likes what is going on. She bites another lettuce role then swallowed it immediately. “Good for you.”
 
 “Uha, I miss writing for these past few weeks. I love the vacation but I love my job more.”, her mother said.
 
  She nodded her head as a sign agreement. She stood up and washed her hands on the sink. She was about to come out of the kitchen when she saw her mother staring at her strongly.
 
 “What?”, she asked looking at her mother.
 
 “Is that all you can say?” her mother asked.
 
 “What do you mean?”, she asked back.
 
 “I’m going to interview U-Kiss. Hello?”
 
 “So? Mom, stop it. It’s just an interview. Com’on.”, she said then went upstairs.
 
 She went inside her room and locked the door. She pushed her back on the wall, standing straight. She closes her eyes as she held her cheek. It was red hot. She smiled broadly. While they were talking, she was calm. She knows that her mother is confused about her reaction. While they were talking, she was calm. Maybe her mother was expecting that she is going to ask when and where her mother will meet the boys. Her face was obviously blank. But the truth is, she was so excited and hyper deep inside. She just don’t want her mother to know.
 
 She opened her eyes with her broad smile. The chance to meet his best friend again is right in front of her. She wasn't able to resist. She run downstairs to see her mother.
 
 "MOM! Would you ask their manager to hire me as their stylist?"
 
 "WHAT?!"
 
end of chapter 2