Chapter 5....."The Best for My Bear"

My Sweet Bear

"My Sweet Bear"

Hug 5

~The Best For My Bear~

(in the hospital)

 Eli slowly pressed his back against the wall. He held his hands together. He closed his eyes. He prayed. Silence filled his soul. He felt that warm liquids was escaping from his eyes. He wiped it all off before it drops. He took a deep breath.
 
 He saw her. After 7 long years, he finally saw her. He claimed his forehead.
 
 He saw his Tita Elena came out of the room. He stood up and came closer to her.
 
 "How is she Tita?", she asked.
 
 "She's doing fine dear. You don't have to worry.", his Tita replied with a smile.
 
 He tried to smile back. But his smile looked bitter than sweet. His Tita laughed softly. He vowed his head, he felt so embarassed.
 
 "Come on, dear. Cheer up. She's fine. The doctor said that it was just stress. Proper sleep and she'll be more than okay.", his Tita said as she held his face.
 
 He smiled but unlike the first one, it was way better. His Tita smiled back.
 
 "I'm sorry Tita.", he said.
 
 "Dear, its not your fault.", his Tita replied. "You dont have to apologize.", she continued.
 
 "No Tita, I apologize for leaving your daughter 7 years ago. I'm so sorry.", he said in a soft tone.
 
 "It was long ago. I guess she forgot about that."
 
 She forgot about that. Did she forgot about me? Did she? Those words felt like hell.
 
 "Is that so Tita?", he asked.
 
 "I guess.", his Tita confirmed.
 
 He didn't speak. How could he?
 
 What if she did? He hoped not. He really hoped not. He sighed.
 
 "But you know what dear? She missed you a lot.", his Tita said. "She hated you at first because you left her. But as time pass by she learned to forgive you and missed you at the same time.", his Tita added.
 
 "She did?", he looked at his Tita's face. She was smiling.
 
 "She did dear. So much."
 
 He kept silent. Though she missed him, she still hated him. He took a deep breath.
 
 "Tita.", he called.
 
 "Yes dear?"
 
 "Could you keep this as a secret?"
 
 "What?", his Tita asked curiously.
 
 "Please dont tell her anything about me. Dont tell her that I still remember her.", he pleaded.
 
 "Why?", her Tita asked.
 
 "I think it would be much better if I hide myself."
 
 "You wont show up? You mean you'll be hiding from her for the next 6 months?"
 
 "No, not that way Tita. I'll pretend that I dont remember her, like I dont know her."
 
 "Why?"
 
 "I just want to know if she still hates me."
 
 "She doesn't. She already forgive you."
 
 "I know Tita, I just want to make sure. And I want to know if she's doing fine without me. I'll watch over her. By that, I will know if its better to hide or to show-up."
 
 "But you dont have to do that, dear."
 
 "I just want the best for her. I dont want to. . .", he paused then raised his head. "I dont want to hurt her again.", he continued.
 
 His Tita was looking at him. "Okay, If thats what you wish for.", his Tita replied.
 
 "Thanks Tita.", he smiled, bitterly.
 
 His Tita sighed then stand up. "I'll be going. I'll get some clothes for Allyn. She had her best friend with her in the room. You can visit her if you wanted.", her Tita said.
 
 He knobed with a smile for agreement. His Tita hugged her as goodbye then he watched her leave. He walked in front of Allyn's room. Though he was hesitating to go, he still openned the door and enter the room.
 
 There, he saw a girl sitting beside Allyn's bed. Maybe she's Kris Anne, Allyn's best friend. She was pretty, and pretty shocked when he entered.
 
 "Are you Kris Anne?", he asked. He felt a little weird because she kept starring at him. "You're Kris Anne, right?", he repeated.              (wn: she's amazed by Eli's charm.)
 
 "Ah- ,I'm sorry. Yes I am Kris Anne. How may I help you?"
 
 He laughed softly on the way she reacted. "Can you leave us alone?", he asked. "Please?", he added.
 
 "Ah, yah! Sure.", she stood up and went out the room.
 
 He starred at Allyn whose fallen into a deep sleep. No wonder why, she was pretty since she was a child. She has grown into a beautiful lady. He sat beside her bed as he starres to her angelic face.
 
 He touched her cheeks. It was so soft.
 
 "How are you? How have you been for this past years?", he asked. He know she cant hear him, that's why he continued.
 
 "Did you know how much I missed you? You're the only person in my dreams. I never skip a second of my day thinking of you."
 
 He kept silent. He held her hand and kissed it.
 
 "I miss you so much, bear."
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 He saw Kris Anne waiting outside. She was merely falling asleep. He didn't want to wake her up but when he closed the door he accidentally slammed it. Kris Anne was shocked and stood up immediately.
 
 "Wah-, what happened? What happened!?", she exclaimed.
 
 "Oh no, I'm sorry for waking you up. I'm really sorry.", he apologized.
 
 Kris Anne vowed her head. She looked very embarrassed. "I'm sorry.", she said.
 
 "No. I'm the one who needs to apologize.", he said. "Can you do me a favor?", he asked.
 
 "Yes, sure. What is it?"
 
 "Please dont tell Allyn about this. Please dont tell her anything about me."
 
 "What? But she was dying to see you. She wants to know if you still remember her."
 
 He was surprised to hear that. She did? She wants to see me? Even though she does, he still needs to observe how she will react with his presence. "Please, please dont tell her. If you really care for her, I'm begging you, please dont tell her.", he begged.
 
 "Okay, I wont tell her. I'm not doing this because you told me, I'm doing this because I also want to observe her actions when you are around. But please dont make her cry."
 
 He smiled for agreement. Then Kris Anne entered the room. He walked his way to the parking lot. He get into his car and drive his way to their condominium.
 
 While on the road, he kept on thinking about Allyn. She never leave his mind.
 
 He arrived at the condominium. He get inside. "Guys, I have something to tell you.", he called.
 
end of chapter 5