Chapter 12..... "Memories: Sweet Bear, Goodbye"

My Sweet Bear

"My Sweet Bear"

Hug 12
 
~Memories: Sweet Bear, Goodbye~
 
 Allyn and Eli went out the room and walked their way to the elevator. While the elevator is descending to ground floor, it suddenly stop.
 
 "Eli~. Eli~", Allyn said with her voice shaking. She was so scared as she waves her hand in the darkness. "Eli, I'm afraid.", she called.
 
 She felt Eli pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her. "Dont worry. I'll never leave you. I promise.", Eli said.
 
 "It's so dark. I cant see anything.", her voice was shaking.
 
 "It's okay. I am with you.", Eli replied. She wants to look at his face, but she cant see him because of the darkness.
 
 "Eli~ dont leave me.", she was crying. She was sobbing. She cant help it.
 
 "Ssshhh. . . Stop crying. Dont worry, I wont.", Eli replied as he hug her tighter.
 
 She pushed herself closer to his body. She closed her eyes. Eli kissed her forehead. (wn: imagine this! they are only 8 years old! Goodness! They are so young! what am i thinking?! XD )
 
 Eli pulled her closer."I'll tell you a story so you'll be afraid no more.", he said.
 
 "Okay.", she replied.
 
 "Once there was a little girl named Alice, she was chasing after Mr.Bear.", Eli started telling the story.
 
 She interrupted."Is that story entitled 'Alice in Wonderland'?", she asked.
 
 "Yes it is.", Eli replied.
 
 "In the story, isn't she chasing a bunny not a bear?", she asked again.
 
 "A bunny? I thought it was a bear. Then they ran after each other. Then they fell on a dark whole together.", Eli said.
 
 "Ah~, I heard my mother told me it was Mr.Bunny. Maybe she's wrong.", she said."Eli, what happened next?", she asked softly.
 
 Slowly but surely, little Allyn is losing her fear as Eli tells her a story.
 
 "When they fell on the hole, she lost Mr.Bear. Then she saw an ugly witch, with seven little dwarfs. The ugly witch gave her an apple.", Eli continued.
 
 "Wait a minute! That's no longer 'Alice in Wonderland', that is 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs' already.", she interrupted once again.
 
 "What?", Eli responded.
 
 "The scene when the ugly witch gave her an apple, that was 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs' not 'Alice in Wonderland'.", she answered.
 
 "Hey! Do you really want me to tell you a story or not? Do you want me to leave you here?", he asked.
 
 "NO!", she shouted."But even if you want to leave you have no place to go, so leave if you want to.", she continued then remove Eli's arms around her.
 
 "Really. Okay. I'm going.", Eli replied then stood up.
 
 "Hey! I was just joking! Dont leave me!", she said then pulled Eli's arm. He sat next to her again. She grabbed his arms and hold it tight."I'm not gonna let go of you, so you could never leave me.", she continued.
 
 This time she hugged him. Eli wrapped his arms around her again."From now own, you should call me Bear.", Eli said.
 
 "Huh?"
 
 "Call me Bear. I'll call you the same."
 
 "Why?"
 
 "Because I'm your teddy bear. Your sweet bear. You can hug me whenever you want. When you're afraid. When you're happy. When you're mad. Even when you're sad. Just hug me whenever you want. I'll make you feel better.", Eli answered.
 
 "Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear.", she said."Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear. Be-"
 
 "You've said enough. Stop it already.", Eli cut her off.
 
 "Okay. Thank you Bear.", she replied then hugged him tighter.
 
 "Are you still afraid?", Eli asked.
 
 "No. Because I know you'll never leave me.", she replied.
 
 "I never will.", he said.
 
 "Please don't. Promise me."
 
 "I promise.", he replied."I'll continue the story. When Alice bite the apple, her nose grew longer.", Eli said.
 
 "Her neck grew longer not her nose.", she corrected.
 
 "Huh? It was her nose.", Eli replied.
 
 "No. It was Pinoccio. His nose grew longer everytime he tells a lie.", she explained.
 
 "Really?", Eli asked.
 
 "I bet you dont listen to your mommy when she's telling you a story.", she said.
 
 "I always listen to her but I fall asleep everytime.", he replied then he laughed.
 
 Soft chuckles filled the dark room.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
 
(2 years after)
 
(wn: this happened 7 years ago. Eli is 11 y.o. while Allyn is 10)
 
 Allyn stood up from her bed. She scratched her head. She was still sleepy but her mother told her to wake up early. The reason why? She doesn't know.
 
 She cant open her eyes properly as she opened the door of her room. She went downstairs.
 
 "MOMMY!", she called. "I'm up!", she added.
 
 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", the voices shouted.
 
 Happy birthday? What?
 
 Her eyes widened. She saw her mother holding a strawberry cake.
 
 Happy birthday? What? She asked herself again.
 
 "Hey! Bear!", a familiar voice called. It was Eli. "Don't tell me you forgot that today is your birthday?"
 
 "Huh?", she asked.
 
 "I guess, that answers my question.",Eli replied. He walked out of the living room then went to the dining area. She was shocked when she saw him came back.
 
 Eli walked closer to her. Her eyes widened as she stares at his face. He was holding a big bear on his hands. He was smiling at her as he hand the bear to her.
 
 She grabbed the bear even though she still dont know whats happening."Is it really my birthday?", she asked as she turned the bear around so she could see it clearly.
 
 "Yes dear. It is.", her mother replied.
 
 She laughed. I'm such a stupid person! She looked at the bear's face. Smiled then kissed its nose.
 
 "Kamsahamnida.", she turned her eyes to Eli. "Thanks Bear!", she said then hugged the bear tightly.
 
 "Welcome.", Eli replied with a smile.
 
 "Blow the candles dear.", her mother said.
 
 She walked close to her mother.
 
 "Make a wish first.", her mother said.
 
 "Okay.", she replied. She closed her eyes. I wish I will be with my mother and Bear forever. I wish they will never leave me. She openned her eyes the blew-out the candle.
 
 "Happy birthday.", Eli said smiling.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 She was sitting at her bed in her room that night. She was smiling while she stares at the big bear in front of her. She pulled it closer then hugged it tightly.
 
 "Why are looking at me like that?", she asked the bear then smiled.
 
 "You know what? You're cute but my Bear is cuter than you!", she said then kissed the bear's nose. The bear she was talking about is Eli.
 
 Suddenly, someone knocked. When the door openned, she was surprised when she saw Eli behind it. He was smiling at her as he pushed the door.
 
 "Hi Bear.", she said smiling.
 
 "How's my sweet bear?", Eli asked then sat beside her.
 
 "I'm okay. Thanks for this by the way.", she replied.
 
 "Why did you kissed it?"
 
 "Because its cute. See?", she said then move the bear closer to Eli's face.
 
 "But?", Eli replied.
 
 She pulled it back. "But you're cuter!", she continued, smiling.
 
 "Good.", Eli smiled back."So? Does the cuter bear deserve's a hug and a kiss?", he continued pointing his cheeks.
 
 She moved close to Eli. She extended her arms wide then wrapped it around him. Eli did the same.
 
 She held Eli's face by her two hands then kissed him. . .in his forehead. Then she let's go of him. She returned to her sit awhile ago. Eli moved his face closer to hers, the Eli kissed her on her cheeks.
 
 "Happy birthday Bear.", Eli said.
 
 "Thanks Bear.", she replied then her eyes to the bear.
 
 "This morning, what did you wish for?", he asked.
 
 "Hmmm?"
 
 "Before you blow the candle, what did you wish for?", he repeated.
 
 "Ow, that? I wished that my mother and my sweet bear would never leave me like what they promised.", she replied as she look at him.
 
 She saw his reaction, it was not she was expecting. His face was sad.
 
 "What's the problem Bear?", she asked.
 
 "Bear? For a certain reason, would you be mad at me?"
 
 "What?"
 
 "Can you hate me?"
 
 "Of course not. Why would I be?"
 
 "Bear I'm leaving."
 
 The smile in her face disappeared. She laughed without sincerity.
 
 "What?"
 
 "Bear I'm sorry.", Eli replied. He was trying to please her.
 
 "Bear, that's not a good joke. Stop it.", she said.
 
 "No."
 
 "No, please. Tell me. It's only a joke. Please.", her voice was shaking.
 
 "Bear I'm sorry. I know I promised you that I'll stay by your side forever, but. . .", he paused.
 
 "Please get out.", she said.
 
 "Bear, dont do this."
 
 "Please Eli, leave.", she said then walked away from him.
 
 "I cant leave you this way. Bear. Please tell me you don't hate me.", Eli replied.
 
 She held her face. She was trying not to cry. Those words felt like hell.
 
 "Just leave me alone Eli. Please."
 
 "Bear. I ca-".
 
 "GET OUT!"
 
 She never looked at him that time. She heard his footsteps as he walked out her room and closed the door.
 
 She cant help it now. Tears started falling from her eyes.
 
 HOW DARE YOU!
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
 Allyn was staring at the guy holding her right now. The guy who promised that he would never leave her. But left her seven years ago.
 
 She cant help but stare at his face.
 
 Why did you promised me something you cant do?
 
 She looked at his eyes. She was trying to figure out what he was thinking.
 
 It was just a moment but she remembered almost the past 2 years of her life.
 
 I hope I could stay this way forever. I hope I could.
 
 "Ahem!"
 
end of chapter 12