It's Not a Date

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I loved scary movies. One of the things I hated most about Taekwoon was that he couldn’t handle them, which contrasted his buff and manly jock image. The Purge was having a showing at the local theater and I desperately wanted to watch it this weekend but, of course, no one was willing to go with me.

I was still moping about it in chem class.

Then I saw Sehun.

Ha. HAHA.

Naw I can’t.

But then maybe I should. I mean, it can’t hurt.

I started imagining us at a movie theater together, just the two of us, in the dark.

I swallowed.

“...and as you can see, the chemical reaction…”

The chem teacher was going on about something but I was hardly paying attention. Instead, I was too busy staring at the handsome blonde-haired boy sitting in the front row.

As if sensing this, Oh Sehun turns around and catches me red handed. My eyes widened and I immediately looked away. Sehun smirked and got back to his notes.

Ever since the night where he and I had practically confessed to each other, Sehun and I have been on shy but flirty terms. Neither of us wanted to jump into anything too quickly, and we both understood that.

After class, I caught up with him.

“Hey, Sehun,” I said sort of breathlessly because he just takes my breath away sometimes, honestly.

“Too busy staring at me, I see,” he remarked.

“Nuh uh,” I denied. “I was looking at something behind you. Duh.”

“Riigghhhtt,” Sehun said sarcastically. “Which completely explains why you rapidly ducked your head down right when I turned mine.”

Good one, Oh Sehun.

“So, uh…” I rubbed the back of my neck, nervous. Now I wasn’t asking him out for my friend. I was asking him out for me. And that made it all the more nerve-wrecking. But I made myself spit it out. “I really want to go see The Purge this weekend but no one is willing to go with me because it’s a scary movie and none of my friends like scary movies, not even Chanyeol or Amber, so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me I mean you don’t have to or anything if you don’t like scary movies but it’d be nice if you did.”

Wow. That was a mouthful.

Sehun blinked. “The Purge?” he finally said.

I nodded. “Yeah. Can you go with me?”

He was still thinking about it, which was making me even more nervous.

“It’s not a date or anything,” I quickly added. “I just need someone to go with.”

“Really.”

“Yeah.”

“So am I your last choice or something?” he asked.

“NO,” I blurted out. “No, no, of course not. I, um…” I sighed. He always seemed to be making me say these types of horrific touchy things. “I really want you to go with me.”

He finally seemed satisfied with my response as he broke out into a smile. “Okay sure. I’ll go see it with you. I don’t mind scary movies.”

“Really?” REALLY?!?!?! OMGGGGGG. “YAY! Thanks Sehun!”

I opened my arms and leaned in to hug him but immediately stopped myself.

What the was I going to do?

Hug him?

AGAIN?

Dear lord.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter