Too Little Too Late

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never liked promposals. Or any of that other stuff during homecoming and prom where the guy makes this huge banner or whatever and proposes to the girl in front of a huge crowd, most likely not out of sincerity but for attention.

The guys that usually did ask me to prom and homecoming and school dances in general however, all had done such grand proposals. I’d secretly hide my distaste for it because honestly, it wasn’t my style.

So I was very relieved when Kai had asked me to The Snowflake Ball casually before school started. He and I didn’t have anything serious, after all. It was perfect.

During first period I was already starting to wonder what he and I should wear, how we should match and all that. I was happy to have him as my date.

Then I wondered if Sehun was taking Daeun and thought that it wouldn’t hurt if I asked him about it. I mean, we were somewhat friends.

I caught up with him after first period.

“Sehun,” I said casually, putting on my best face. “Are you going to The Snowflake Ball?”

He made a face. “What is that?”

“A dance,” I explained. “Kind of like a winter formal. All of the seniors are going.”

Sehun thought about it. “I might. I don’t know, I’ve never really been into school dances.”

But you dance so well. And you would look so damn nice in a tux.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter