Not Without You

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom, thinking about what you’d just said to him.

There was a knock on his bedroom door and in came Park Chanyeol.

“Hey man,” he said. “Your dad let me in.”

Sehun sat up. “What’s up?”

Chanyeol pulled out a disc and handed it to Sehun. “CCTV footage from Vivera, if you even care to look at it. Just proof to show that Yoojung was innocent in that whole debacle.”

Sehun took the disc, although he didn’t look interested. “Uh, thanks.”

Chanyeol nodded. “No problem. She really, really likes you, you know. She’s never been like this with anyone else.”

“Like what?”

“You know,” Chanyeol said. “Giddy, excited, actually emotional. She really cares about you. She trusts you and you know her. She hardly ever trusts anyone.”

Sehun nodded, kind of in a trance. “Trust is a dangerous thing.”

“Look,” Chanyeol said, serious. “She told me about your scholarship, and I’m not asking you to drop it just so you can take some girl to prom. I just wanted to let you know that Yoojung really cares and that you two should, I don’t know, work it out or something. At least before senior year ends and we all head off. She’s been walking around school like a ing robot lately, and I worry about her.”

Sehun’s reaction seemed to be a mix of concern and amusement. “Really.”

“Yup. Just letting you know dude.”


 

“Yoojung are you sure you don’t want to go to prom? It’s two days away. There’s still time.”

“Yeah,” I said to Sulli over the phone. “I’m just not up for it. Prom is overrated anyways.”

“Awh okay. Well if you do decide to come, there will always be a spot for you on the dance floor,” Sulli said.

I sadly smiled to myself. “Thanks, Sulli. I’ll talk to you later.” Then I hung up, turning back to the sappy korean drama that was on TV.

There was honestly no reason to go to prom if I wouldn’t be going with him. I scoffed to myself, wondering how I could’ve changed so much because of one boy. Just last year I wouldn’t mind heading off to a school dance with some random, tall, good looking guy.

Now all I wanted was him.


 

A handsome brown-haired boy was at the airport, ready to fly up to New York for the weekend. He was however, quite hesitant to get on the plane.

Do you really want to do this? he asked himself. When there will be so many other opportunities like this in the future for you? He’s a talented guy and he knew it.

He made his decision. Turning back in the opposite direction he’d came from, he quickly hailed a taxi, asking to take him to the nearest mall. He needed a tux pronto.

 

It was approximately 7pm on the day of prom and I was sitting on the couch eating ice cream.

In a perfect world, I would be getting ready for the night of my high school career. But this wasn’t a perfect world, sadly.

Ding dong.

“YOONA, DOOR,” I sang/screamed.

She didn’t answer me so she was probably sleeping upstairs.

Ugh.

I grumpily got up, dragging my lazy to the door. Who the would even be ringing the doorbell right now it better not be some salesperson or I’m gonna….

Oh my god.

“Im Yoojung,” Oh Sehun barked, standing before me. “Why the hell are you not getting ready for the night of your dreams?”

“B-Because.” I could hardly talk because I was too busy staring at him, staring at how perfect he looked in the tux he was wearing, bowtie and everything. His hair was done perfectly. Like Prince Charming. He looked like a prince. I was just about ready to pass out. Holy. . “Because,” I managed, “I wouldn’t go tonight, not without you.”

“I’m here now,” he said, taking a step closer to me.

“What happened to the scholarship? Sehun, that thing is a big deal,” I said.

Sehun shrugged. “I figured that I’ll have more of those chances in the future. I mean, I’m Super Sehun.” I laughed and he laughed too. “And besides,” he said. Then he smiled. “I miss my lab partner.”

“Even if she was a total to you?”

“If anything, that’s what I like the most about her.”

“Really?”

“Really.”


 

“YOOJUNG ARE YOU DONE YET?” Sehun shouted from downstairs. He was the one now sitting on the couch, but instead was watching cartoons.

“ALMOST,” I shouted back.

I zipped up the back of my dress, examing how I looked in the mirror. My hair was done, my makeup complete. I’d done it super quickly, but it still looked great. My dress was actually Yoona’s but it fit absolutely perfectly. It was white and strapless. And simply perfect.

I grabbed my heels and clutch and hurriedly ran down the stairs, since we were already late.

“How do I look?” I asked Sehun as I struggled to put on my shoes as fast as I could.

He gazed at me in a way that no other guy has gazed at me before. “Beautiful,” he said.

I smiled and the two of us took some pictures courtesy of Yoona (even though it was taken in my living room by the fireplace and not some fancy schmancy park I still loved the pictures to pieces. Like I said, Sehun and I would naturally loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter