Carnival Blues

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every year there was a school carnival, usually held around the beginning of December. I greatly contemplated on going this year, since I was in no mood to see Sehun and Sulli together.

So there I was, on yet another Saturday night, at home. That is, until Chanyeol called.

“Yo, yo Yoojung!”

I sighed. “What do you want?””

“For you to go to the carnival.”

“I thought I already told you. I’m not going,” I said.

“Im Yoojung. It is our senior year and this will be the last school carnival we will ever go to. You can hang out with me and the guys. They reeeaaalllyyyy miss you,” Chanyeol said.

I smiled. “Really.”

“Yup. Especially Kai.”

Ooooo. Kai. Chanyeol was certainly aware about how I found Kai attractive.

I then decided that there were a lot of people going to the carnival and chances are, I wouldn’t even run into Sehun anyways. Besides, hanging out with Chanyeol and his friends was fun. So I agreed.

Chanyeol picked me up and the both of us sped off to the carnival. He and I caught up with the group and we all lingered around the game booths, getting all competitive with each other.

Jongdae and Baekhyun were against each other for a game of ring toss.

“I,” Jongdae said to Baekhyun, “will crush you so hard.”

Baekhyun smirked. “We’ll see about that, Chen.”

“YAH! I told you not to call me Chen!” Jongdae cried.

“Chen?” I asked.

“The Chinese exchange students like to call Jongdae Chen for some reason,” Kai informed. “They like to .”

“WOO! I BEAT CHEN!” Baekhyun shrieked.

“IT’S JONGDAE YOU FOOL.”

Chanyeol and I laughed at Baekhyun and Jongdae’s bickering. Kai also snickered beside me.

“Kay guys,” Suho said. “Who’s up for stuffing ourselves with junk food and then barfing it all out on the roller coasters!”

“ME!” we all raised our hands.

The guys and I dashed to the food stands, ordering corn dogs and chili fries, not to mention sloppy joes and milkshakes. After scarfing down our food (Jongdae and Baekhyun had competed with each other as to who could finish their burger first) we headed to the scariest coaster at the carnival: The Goliath.

“Hey,” Kai said to me. “Want to ride together?”

I grinned. “Sure.”

Chanyeol nudged my arm. “Get some,” he whispered.

I elbowed his stomach, which sent him wincing in pain. “Shush!” I hissed. Then I turned my attention back to Kai, who looked especially good in his hoodie.

“GUYS, are you ready for this?!” Baekhyun exclaimed once we were all s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter