Back From the Dead

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve only liked one other guy in my life. I was in the 6th grade, pre-divorce, and was as innocent as a bunny. He was an 8th grader who tutored me in math. He was short, loud, and talkative, but he was funny and I think that was what I liked about him at the time. I think his name was Kim Jonghyun.

I knew I liked him because I couldn’t stop thinking about him and I always had the urge to be with him. But the thing was, I didn’t chase him. I was never one to chase people. People chased me.

So you can imagine my frustration when Yoona told me that maybe it’s about time that I do the chasing.

“Yoojung you are so used to guys just automatically liking you because of your looks,” Yoona said. “You’ve never had to lift a finger for guys to come after you. This boy, like you said, has always been different.”

“I hate him so much.”

Yoona laughed. “I think it’ll be interesting to see you actually try. It’s your turn to pull out all your charms.”

Charms? What charms? I asked myself. Should I go for seduction? Or flirty? Or innocent? I had no idea.

“Think of it like a project,” Yoona suggested. “The Sehun Project.”

I smirked. “The Yehet Project.”

“What was that?”

I sighed. “Nothing.”

The next day at school, I was a complete mess. I’d gotten hardly any sleep due to my ing feelings and was in desperate need of a good eye cream.

I was going to show up to school in a bun and sweats, but then stopped myself.

Don’t I need to look nice? I’m going to see him, after all.

Ugh. This is so FRUSTRATING.

I’d insisted on curling my hair, then found it too much so I had to straighten some parts out to make it look more casual.

Then there was the question of what to wear. Should I wear something with cleavage? Did he even care for cleavage? Or does he like girls who cover up?

My usual outfit seriously just consisted of a tank top, jeans/shorts, and my combat boots, all in respective dark colors. Does he like girls who wear brightly-colored things? I DID NOT KNOW.

I decided to play it safe but at the same time switch it up by wearing a white tank top, jeans, and my boots, then covered up with a beige wool cardigan. It was subtle but at the same time different.

I came to first period late, earning myself a tardy for the day. I kept my head low as I walked past Sehun’s desk in the front to my desk in the back. Was he even looking at me? . The things I do for boys.

After first period ended I caught up with Sehun.

“Hey,” I said casually.

“Hey,” he said.

“Um…” I searched for something to say but couldn’t think of anything. I knew time was ticking but I just couldn’t think.

“Sehun!” Daeun comes prancing along and comes up to him. “Walk me to class?”

“Sure,” he said. He turned back to me. “I’ll see you later?” But before I even got a chance to reply Daeun was already dragging him away.

I stood there, feeling like a complete idiot. I’d had my chance and I blew it. I had no idea wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter