Fierce Competition

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol, why the hell would the new girl be at Suho’s party?”

My best friend shrugged. “Jongdae talks to him in math class now and tells me that Sehun just wanted her to get to know some people. That’s what new kids do. They go to parties and meet people.”

I thought back to when I’d seen Sehun at the first party of the year, when he was still the residential new kid. Chanyeol had a point. I hung around with such smart guys.

It was a sunny day outside, perfect for eating lunch out on the lawn with the guys. No wonder they always picked this spot.

“So guys,” Baekhyun was saying, “The Snowflake Ball is coming up, and Byun Baekhyun is in need of a date asap.”

The Snowflake Ball was a school dance held annually in January. It was like a winter formal type of thing. I usually had a date, no problem. But the thing was, it was usually just some hot guy that found me hot. Now I actually felt like I had someone that I wanted to ask me, that I wanted to go with.

“Chanyeol do you have a date?” Jongdae asked.

“Of course! C’mon what do you expect?” then he snickered. “I am Park Chanyeol after all.” With that big smile of his he high-fived the other guys.

“Yeeeee that’s my boy!” Jongdae said. “Who is she?”

“Her name,” Chanyeol said, “is Sandara.”

“No way,” Baekhyun exclaimed. “Sandara Park?! The one who graduated last year? Dude, she’s super exclusive!”

Chanyeol grinned. “I know right? But then again, I AM Park Chanyeol. I get the exceptions.”

I smiled and shook my head at their silliness. Chanyeol has been eyeing Sandara Park since practically freshman year. It’s senior year and he’s definitely going all out.

“Yoojung do you have a date?” Baekhyun asked me.

“No,” I replied. “Not yet anyways.”

“Wooowwww, that confidence!” Jongdae remarked.

I shrugged. “It’s a gift.”

I looked over at Kai, who was already looking at me. We both eyed each other and that was when I just knew that he was going to ask me.

I would’ve been content with that, if it hadn’t been for Sehun suddenly appearing out of nowhere with that new girl. The two of them always seemed to be smiling when they were walking together. I wanted to puke all over again.

But then again, what was I thinking? Kai is hot. He’s so freaking attractive. He’s tall, would look super nice in a suit, and would make me shine. He was up to par with Im Yoojung’s standards. I shouldn’t even be complaining.


 

In chem class, we were required to partner up again. Sehun turned around and we both looked at each other.

Great. Now I’m going to have to talk to him.

I dragged my backpack (and myself) over to Sehun’s desk.

“Hey Yoojung,” he said.

I unintentionally glared at him. “Hi.”

His eyebrows furrowed. They were nice eyebrows. “Having an off day or something?”

Don’t b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter