Words She Can't Say

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At lunch I walked into the cafeteria with Chanyeol to see Lee Hyeri once again at Sehun’s table. My fists curled up in anger.

“Hi Yoojung!” Hyeri said to me from across the room. Then she purposely leaned in closer to Sehun. The nerve.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I peeled away from Chanyeol and stomped over to the Chinese exchange student table.

“Stay away from him,” I growled.

“No,” Hyeri said. “I like Sehun oppa’s company.”

“You hardly even know him,” I said.

“That’s true,” Sehun chimed in. Hyeri glared at him. “Just saying,” he added. “We don’t really know each other.”

“ANYWAYS,” Hyeri continued. “Doesn’t mean that I can’t get to know him.”

“You don’t even deserve him.”

Hyeri cocked her head to the side. “Oh and you deserve him?”

“Huh?”

“Oh Sehun. Good looking, smart, genuine,” Hyeri said, getting up now. “He’s quite the catch. I think he would deserve better than the girl who couldn’t even prevent her boyfriend from cheating on her.”

SLAP.

Hyeri’s face was slammed to the side as my hand made contact with her. Her cheek was now turning a bright red, my hand-mark right on it. The entire cafeteria gasped.

“Ms. Im,” Principal Jung’s voice suddenly boomed. . “What is going on here?”

Hyeri was now bursting into fake tears. Although I wouldn’t blame her if they were real because I did slap her pretty hard. “Yoojung slapped me, Principal Jung! And all I did was tell her that I liked her hair!”

That ing LIAR.

“That is not true,” I said. “She didn’t say anything about my hair.”

“Doesn’t matter what she said,” Principal Jung replied. “Yoojung, you still slapped her. You have detention after school today.”

Hyeri was escorted out of the cafeteria to tend her oh-so-bruised cheek while I stomped away.

“Wait,” Sehun said, getting up to stop me. “What the hell was that Yoojung?”

“She was asking for it.”

“Is this about me?” Sehun asked.

“No,” I fibbed coldly. “It’s not.”

“Why else would you slap her like that? Yoojung if you have something to say to me then just say it.”

“Don’t be so conceited,” I snapped. “I did it because I hate her and I’m a . Nothing more.” Then I walked away.

I’d told Sehun that what I’d done and felt had nothing to do with him, that he was being conceited for thinking that it had to do with him.

But I was lying right through my teeth and he probably knew it. Everything seemed to be about him nowadays.

Chanyeol caught up with me after lunch. “Yoojung are you alright?”

“No,” I mumbled. “I’m not.”

“What’s been going on with you?”

So far, no one except Yoona knew about my feelings for Sehun. But I felt like I needed someone to talk to so I just ended up telling Chanyeol. “I like Oh Sehun. I really like him,” I said quietly. “I have never liked anyone as much as him.”

“So you finally admit it,” Chanyeol said, as if he’d known it all along. “That’s a dangerous state to be in. You’re vulnerable now. You have a weakness.”

“Yeah and Lee Hyeri knows it,” I said with a sigh. Chanyeol is my best friend. He knew everything about me, down to how I felt about being weak in front of a guy. I was letting my guard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter