Fireside Feelings

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s house was really cozy, with him just living with his dad. The fireplace was on when I came in, warming up the place. It also smelled like cinnamon and spice, kind of like Christmas. I loved it.

“Want some hot tea?” Sehun asked me. I heard his feet move across the hardwood floor to the kitchen.

“That’d be great,” I replied as I maneuvered over to the fireplace mantel. I looked at the picture frames that were spread across, smiling at the image of a baby Sehun. Then I saw some pictures of his mom. She was beautiful.

I felt something warm on my cheek.

Sehun held out a cup of hot tea. He had one in his hand also, for himself. “Thanks,” I said, taking it from him. It was delicious tea. And I didn’t even like tea.

“So,” I said as the two of us took a seat on the couch. “Where’s your dad?”

“Upstairs,” Sehun replied. “Watching his samurai movies. He loves samurai movies.”

I laughed. “The old black and white Japanese ones?”

“Basically. Those are his favorites. You know about them?”

I nodded. “A bit. My parents used to watch them together before they divorced. I remember bits and pieces.”

The two of us were making small talk and we both knew it. But it was comforting to have him sitting beside me on that couch, in front of the burning fireplace.

“I’ve been meaning to ask,” Sehun said. "How was the ball anyways?”

I shrugged. “Just like any other school dance. Nothing special. Why didn’t you go? I thought you’d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter