Too Different

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what are you and Sehun now anyways?”

I was having lunch with Chanyeol. We were splitting some burgers that he’d bought during his free period. “I don’t know,” I said. “We like each other, and like being with each other. It’s nothing passionate or ual. I mean, we haven’t even kissed or anything yet. But even so, I find our relationship very trusting and honest and I really like it. He’s kind of like one of my best friends, too.”

“Wow,” Chanyeol replied, his bug eyes staring at me. “You’re not sleeping with him, and you’re calling him one of your good friends. This is uncanny.”

I sighed. “I know right?” I thought back to the night where he and I were watching movies on his bed. With any other guy, we would’ve ed. But instead Sehun and I had an awesome time watching Hulk smash Loki to bits. I was beginning to realize that it’s grown to the point where he was no longer just a boy of interest. He was also quickly becoming one of my best friends, one that I trusted and loved being with.

“You know what I find funny?” Chanyeol asked, holding his burger in his hands. I grabbed a couple of fries. “That he hasn’t brought up the boyfriend question.”

I considered this. “Yeah, that is odd.”

I looked back into the cafeteria, where I could distinctly make out Sehun’s back figure sitting next to Luhan. Hyeri was nowhere in sight, to my delight. I wondered where Daeun was, then remembered that she was mingling with the dance team.

Suho then comes strutting over to us with a bright pink flier in his hands. “Hey guys,” he said. “Have you heard of Neon Lights? It’s this huge dance party held in the new club ‘Vivera’, about twenty minutes away from us. Tons of celebrities are going to be there and everything.”

“Yeah I think Sulli was talking to me about it this morning,” I replied.

“Are you going? Knowing you, you’d be all up for this.”

I shrugged. “Not sure. Sulli really wants me to go with her though. Amber too.”

Chanyeol snatched the flier from Suho’s hands. His bug eyes widened. “Holy , BoA’s going to be there?!”

Suho grinned. “Yup!”

I rolled my eyes. “Ugh can you guys not bring her up? Sehun has this huge crush on her.”

Chanyeol nudged me. “Jeaaallooouuusss! But Suho, I’m totally down to go with you.”

“Awesome!” Suho beamed. “Yoojung, you too?”

I was still hesitant about it. “I don’t know.”

“Yoojung, c’mon. This is not even partying, it’s celebrity sightseeing!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “It says on here that guest appearances include BoA, Taeyang, even Kim Woobin. And he doesn’t even dance!”

“Holy I am in love with Kim Woobin.”

“Exactly!” Chanyeol said. “Let’s go. Yeah?”

So I reluctantly agreed. Sulli and Amber wanted me to go, not to mention Chanyeol and his buds. What was I so hesitant about?

After school, Sehun was walking me to my locker.

“Want to go eat dinner this Saturday?” he asked me.

“Can’t,” I said. “Going to Neon Lights with Chanyeol and the others.” Then I mischieviously grinned. “That is, unless you want to come with us.”

“Ehh I think I’ll pass. That kind of stuff isn’t my forte,” Sehun said.

“Awh come on, Sehun!” I nudged his shoulder suggestively. “BoA is going to be there.”

“You’re kidding me.”

“Nope. Besides, I really want you to come. We can dance the night away,” I said. “And, of course, see BoA. But that’s if you really want to see her.”

He thought about it once more, then gave in. “Okay I guess I’ll go. But only because you mentioned BoA.”

I rolled my eyes but smiled. “You’re such a weirdo.”


 

Neon Lights was, whether you like it or not, a party. And a very amped up party at that. The venue was dark, with only the lasers and various lights to provide shine. The music was loud, a bunch of dubstep here and there. There were also a ton of people, drinking and smoking and everything in between.

“So,” Sehun said to me over the loud music. “Where’s BoA?” We were following Baekhyun, who had apparently spotted some SNSD chick.

“I have no idea,” I practically screamed. The music was so loud. People were everywhere. Sehun slipped his hand into mine, holding it tight. We couldn’t afford to lose each other in this mess of a crowd. I was really enjoying the music though.

“Holy ,” Sehun was saying now. “I think I see her. YOOJUNG I SEE HER.”

“Ugh I do not want to watch you fanboy over her,” I groaned. “You go ahead. I’ll just wait for you by the bar.”

“Are you sure?” Sehun asked. “I don’t want to leave you alone at this place.”

“I’ll be fine,” I assured him. “Just hurry up and get back so we can dance.” Because I desperately wanted to dance with him.

Sehun nodded and our fingers seemed to separate in slow motion. I don’t know why it was so dramatic but it seemed that way. He was going to have a quick chat with BoA and I was just simply waiting for him to come back. I watched as his blonde head bobbed away from me in the distance.

I sat at the bar and scanned the crowd, nodding my head to the music. The lights looked so mesmerizing from here, in so many different colors.

My mood was completely ruined when some guy passed by, smelling like utter . I don’t even think it was , but just something really smelly and weird. It was dark and I could barely see but I think he’d even sprayed something on me. It felt cool, like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter