Holding on Tight

The Yehet Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Yoona and I primarily lived on our own, we had practically every responsibility known to adulthood. Like getting groceries.

I was at the supermarket, picking out some produce, when I suddenly bump into an ahjusshi.

“Oh my god I am so sorry,” I said as I bent down to help him pick up his stuff. Then I realized that it was Sehun’s dad.

.

But he wasn’t mad at all. Instead, he was smiling at me, his eyes beaming through his glasses. “Nice to see you again, Yoojung-ah,” he said.

I bowed. “You too, Mr. Oh.”

“How have you and my son been?”

“Well,” I said. Typical response. “Chem class is well and all. He told me once that you’re a chemist?”

Mr. Oh nodded. “Yes, I am. He’s really into that stuff, isn’t he?”

“Yeah,” I said. I found myself smiling as I talked about him. “We were lab partners once and he practically did the entire thing. It’s interesting though. My dad is a chem professor at the university.”

“Really,” Mr. Oh said, impressed. “Is he, ah let me remember the name...Im Sungjae?”

“Yes,” I said. “How did you know?”

“He and I used to work in the lab together back in our college days. I knew you looked familiar. You have your dad’s eyes,” Mr. Oh beamed.

“What a small world,” I said. “I’ll be sure to ask him about it the next time I see him. He’s overseas right now, doing some research.”

“Sounds like Sungjae alright. Always learning,” Mr. Oh replied.

I nodded, then noticed that he was carrying a package of rice cakes. “Are you making dukbokki tonight?”

“Yes I am. If you’re not busy, you should come by for dinner. I’m sure Sehun would love to see you,” Mr. Oh offered.

Sehun?

“O-Oh no,” I said. “I mean I would hate to intrude.”

“Nonsense! I’m inviting you. I can tell you some stories about me and your dad,” Mr. Oh said. “And plus, Sehun has been a lot happier nowadays. He’s actually showering, taking care of himself.”

“Was he not like that before?” I asked that.

“Ever since his mother passed away he’s been quite the introvert, focusing on studies and whatnot. Which is not a bad thing. It’s just nice to see him in brighter spirits,” Mr. Oh said with a chuckle.

So that was probably how I ended back up on the Oh’s doorstep, helping Mr. Oh take in the groceries. Sehun came downstairs, then saw me. He broke out into a smile, seeing me carry the grocery bags inside.

“Let me help you with that,” he said, taking them from me. Our hands lightly brushed past each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter