Sulking (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

Droplets were falling on the front window of my BMW. I could already feel the summer warm evening getting chilly but didn´t know whether it was the change of weather or the change of the atmosphere. But I wasn´t the only feeling cold. I noticed Eunhyuk shiver on the seat next to me.

“Are you cold? I´ll turn on the heating,” I offered.

“If you rather the radio,” Eunhyuk uttered looking out of the window.

Normally I would step on the breaks and open the doors if a vampire spoke to me in this tone but I was also very well aware that it was me, who put the guy in the passenger seat in this mood. Honestly Eunhyuk isn´t the type to get easily angry and flare up. He likes to bottle up his feelings and pretend he´s okay as to not raise any conflicts. Exactly the opposite of me and that´s also why we´re in this situation now. But I don´t like unresolved fights so I decided to take him home. Slightly it was a bad conscience for the vandalised car but mostly the want to apologise. But I don´t think I would make the vampire go with me if it haven´t suddenly started to rain.

“No, I want to speak to you,” I answered in the gentlest voice possible. I heard Eunhyuk sigh next to me, something he does quite often as I noticed. It´s a bad habit because with every sigh a part of your life escapes from your body. My mom always says this.

“Look, I´m sorry for today. You didn´t do anything bad but I acted like an idiot,” I told him while looking on the road in front of me. I expected Eunhyuk to retort something ugly to me or sigh again just like he always does when I pass him a ball for a smash.

“Forgiven,” came the unexpected answer from the vampire and I had to take a look at him to make sure it wasn´t just an irony. But although Eunhyuk was still looking out of the window, he had a sincere smile on his lips. I was confused.

“Really? So easily?” I asked stupidly even if I was risking irritating the quiet guy next to me.

“Yeah, I don´t hold grudges, Donghae,” Eunhyuk said simply and I felt so bad all of a sudden. I can´t believe how childishly I act towards him but I can´t help it, he´s a vampire! My eternal enemy!

“We´re here, thanks for the ride again, Donghae,” Eunhyuk said and was about to go out when I hurriedly thought a reason how to prolong the meeting and make up for my behaviour earlier.

“Wait! I invited you for the dinner, how about a cup of coffee at your place?” I shot but it sounded so clumsy. Eunhyuk stopped in his tracks and glanced at his watch. Does he have something planned for later? At this time it could be only ing or feeding so I guess I stand no chance against a nice lady.

“Yeah, why not,” Eunhyuk chuckled but I was absolutely sure that someone else will get stood up tonight because of me. The vampire´s strange expression and the watch were telling me this.

I parked the car and followed my colleague up into his apartment. Just like the last time the house was perfectly clean indicating that its owner suffers from a severe mysophobia. I sat on the same stool as on the previous week and Eunhyuk laughed.

“What?” I asked him since I wasn´t aware of anything funny apart from Eunhyuk´s female pants. I wouldn´t have noticed if my cousin didn´t buy the same pair and didn´t send me the photo just a minute ago. I almost burst out laughing in the restaurant but decided to keep this bomb for later. It will be more useful in the office in front of my co-workers, huhu.

“Nothing,” Eunhyuk tried to get rid of the smug smile on his face but wasn´t very successful, “it´s just that this is how I found out about your insoles,” he chuckled. What? I thought he saw my shoes.

“I´ve always believed you are the same height as me or taller but when I want to sit at this stool, I don´t need to jump,” he explained and couldn´t anything but blush. This is even more embarrassing than finding my insoles in the shoes directly.

“Anyway,” he became slightly more serious, “you want black coffee I suppose but I have strawberry cake in the fridge too if you would like.”

“If you don´t mind losing a piece on me,” I laughed remembering his love for sugar.

“I do but it makes me churn seeing you drink that awful black coffee alone,” Eunhyuk grimaced and stuck out his tongue to make sure he looked disgusted enough.

The vampire then started preparing the treat and I decided to talk. I hate it when it´s silent and especially in the evening I get the most talkative. I was just telling him an unimportant random story from my childhood when I saw him pop a pill into his mouth and wash down with water from the tap.

“What was that?” I got curious.

“This?” Eunhyuk was holding a white plastic bottle, “It´s just iron supplement, something like vitamins,” he calmly explained.

I nodded and he proceeded with preparing my coffee. Although I pretended to be alright I shivered inwardly and tried to calm down. I could put the puzzles together. One missed date in the deep night, one very hard and tiring day and most importantly one iron pill. Eunhyuk was thirsty. The vampire needed his dose and I just walked into his apartment alone at night without even saying goodbye to my family. But I´m not going down without a fight! I´m a proud werewolf and I´m absolutely sure that even in my human form I have more than a few muscles extra compared to the skinny man cutting the cake. He wouldn´t use that knife on me, would he?

“You were right, the cake and hot milk will do me some good, I´m tired,” Eunhyuk was puting the plates in front of me but suddenly yawned. His hands weren´t free and so he didn´t cover his mouth giving me a peepshow of his long fangs. I almost choked on my saliva.

“The toilet was on the right?” I quickly stood up and ran off to the bathroom. I have to give my mom a call. I might get eaten tonight!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, I´m sorry I didn´t update. My grandpa finally left. I´m glad because he was in pain but I still miss him a lot already. I won´t be overly personal anymore, sorry guys :) So Donghae regrets his actions but Eunhyuk isn´t feeling well. I wonder if someone will get bitten tonight! Thank you for reading and commenting, subscribing, upvoting - Sapphire blue for you all, PandaHero