Rising (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

The morning sun was seeping through the curtains effectively waking me up. Usually this wouldn´t happen because the window in my bedroom is to the west but today I wasn´t sleeping in my room. I stretched my limbs groaning at the pain in my back. That´s what you get when sleeping on the sofa in the living room. I remembered the reason I slept here and suddenly didn´t feel annoyed anymore.

Last night Eunhyuk pulled an impossible stunt for me. I transformed at work and although he had all the right to leave me, he did his best to save me instead. I knew I had put a huge weight on his back already before and last night I added even more but Eunhyuk didn´t even hesitate to carry it all. And so it happened that the moment we were safe, his weak body gave away. He fainted right in the car. I carried him through the darkness into my house and let him sleep in my bed. I was at fault here and I would take any punishment from him when he wakes up.

I took a shower feeling much more agile in my human form. I skipped into my messy kitchen and went hunting for something sweet. When the vampire wakes up, I have to feed him first. I found a bottle of jam and chocolate syrup. There was a vanilla ice-cream too but I doubted he would like it for the breakfast. Then I sat down and waited for him to wake up. It was slowly nearing the time to start preparing for work and I decided to wake Eunhyuk up.

“Hyuk?” I called and peeked into the room. What I saw startled me so much that I fell flat on my .

Eunhyuk was sleeping ! His middle part and legs were luckily covered by the blanket but the pile of clothes next to the bed indicated that the vampire was flush bare beneath it. I blushed beat red and remembered that the day I came to return him his bag, the situation was pretty similar. Must be his habit.

“Ugh,” Eunhyuk groaned and I got scared because the boy was waking up. And indeed the bundle of bones stirred and the vampire pulled on his hair. “Where am I? Did I drink again?” I almost laughed at his deduction.

“No, you´re at my place,” I stood up from the ground revealing myself to him. Eunhyuk looked at me tiredly and then rolled his eyes.

“No better than hangover,” he croaked with his morning voice. It would be cute together with his dishevelled hair if I still wasn´t aware of his state. “What are you waiting for? Wanna see me pull the blanked down, huh?” He added. That bastard knew very well that he slept in my bed! I disappeared from the room nevertheless.

I went back to the kitchen and some moments later I heard bare feet tapping towards the bathroom. It´s true that bats have a great sense of orientation. He has never been to my house but he walks around so freely and even. Fifteen minutes later Eunhyuk finally arrived to the kitchen with wet hair in the pants he wore yesterday and my blue shirt that hung loosely on his thin frame.

“Don´t I look like a perfect one night stand?” He laughed sitting on a chair, “I have even your underwear!”

“Funny, really,” I rolled my eyes but inside my head I had to agree. The raven head looked as if he just walked out a man´s morning fantasy with the only exception being a man. “I tried to find you something sweet for breakfast but that´s all I have,” I changed the topic quickly mostly for my crotch´s sake.

“If you add a mug of hot milk with honey, it will be just fine,” Eunhyuk sighed but strangely a small smile adored his lips. I was surprised because I swore he must have hated me the worst by now.

“Do you always sleep ?” I wanted to start a conversation while preparing the breakfast.

“I do but if you want to open this topic, I can´t help but be reminded of your peepshow yesterday,” Eunhyuk chuckled putting a load of strawberry jam on a toast and stacking another toast bread on it.

“But that was an accident!” I almost spilled the pack of coffee beans.

“If you say so,” Eunhyuk teasingly shrugged and opened the ice-cream, “was the size caused by the transformation or is it usually like that?” He added as if nothing.

“Excuse me?!” I was shocked. The cup that was just a second ago in my hands fell on the ground and got smashed.

“I was just joking, sorry,” Eunhyuk apologised and dropped his head in a sad manner. I didn´t want him to feel bad, .

“You made me so embarrassed that your ice-cream started melting from my heated cheeks, see?” I tried to lift up the mood by gesturing at his bowl of vanilla ice-cream.

“Deng! It melts cause I´m hot,” Eunhyuk caught on my intention and responded to my joke. I chuckled and watched him pour a good amount of the chocolate syrup into the bowl. He then put a spoonful of his sugar creation into his mouth and took a bite from the sandwich. I was quite amused by the sight.

It was strange how the atmosphere stayed mostly in that carefree and comfortable tone. Eunhyuk was supposed to hate me, to yell at me or the worst, to cry. I expected him to be in pain but it almost felt as if he unloaded the entire burden during the night. He even wasn´t as grumpy as usual in the morning. I didn´t know whether to be relieved or the opposite. His calm attitude could mean two things. Either I was forgiven or I was erased. Honestly I would hate if Eunhyuk decided that I wasn´t important enough to get mad or sad about. If he just smiled at me nicely but inside his head thought about another stuff, Donghae excluded, I wouldn´t want that. Eunhyuk is a nice person, even if he´s a vampire. I like him a lot, as a friend of course, and don´t want to lose him for being an idiot. I decided to mature and treat Eunhyuk with care because he deserves it. He definitely does.

“Aish!” I stepped on the shard of the broken mug. It stuck into my foot and when I pulled the shard out, it started bleeding. Way to start your morning, Donghae.

“Is something-,” Eunhyuk stopped in the middle of his sentence and I looked up to him to see why. I froze immediately. His eyes were glowing silver.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Double update, love me! :D I´m joking. I didn´t feel well enough for any hard activity and so I passed two hour of time by updating. Just two days from skeleton single! They say that suju weren´t treated very well at Jackie Chan´s party. Not from the actor, tho, but from the mc, staff and so. Just you wait for the king´s return, peasants :D Thank you for reading and feedback - kamsahabnida, PandaHero