Lying (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

„What do you think you are doing, Donghae?“ My cousin Jessica hissed when we were alone for a moment. Eunhyuk went inside to discuss something with the owner of the house and I had a little time to explain the situation to Jessica.

“It´s not like we are friends!” I started. “He´s my stupid co-worker but he´s pretty good at this stuff. He would lower the price and do all the paperwork for me,” I tried to persuade her.

“Are you sure? He´s a ing vampire, he could mess up on purpose,” Jessica stressed, “this is an important matter, Donghae. Don´t you want to make your parents happy, huh?”

“Calm down, he doesn´t know that I´m a werewolf. He can´t tell, trust me,” I gave her a reassuring smile and she visibly calmed down. “I´ll only use him for this and then I won´t deal with him anymore. And you just take it for a short while. The house he found is really great.”

“Donghae? Could you come?” Eunhyuk waved from the door and gestured me to come. I patted Jessica on her back and she sighed.

“Okay but don´t expect me to act all honey and sugar,” she grumbled. I´m sure Eunhyuk is pretty much used to cold treatment from me so it shouldn´t be a big problem.

We entered the house and Eunhyuk quickly took the lead of the situation. He guided us through the house explaining its pros and cons to Jessica who tried to look bemused but I could tell that she was satisfied. I had some ideas for reconstruction or repairs and Eunhyuk instead of getting angry started rocking his brain on how to implement them. If Jessica wasn´t here and if I didn´t have such a huge pride, I would happily kneel down and kiss the vampire´s shoes. He did a great job so far. The worst part, paperwork, was still in front of us but I could count on Eunhyuk´s skills.

“It´s much cheaper than I expected, is there something wrong with the house?” Jessica asked hearing the price from the owner.

“Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with this mouth,” the owner gestured to Eunhyuk who grinned sheepishly, “he´s such a smooth talker that I almost gave you my dog for free with the house,” the man joked.

“Do you like dogs, Donghae?” Eunhyuk asked suddenly but got smacked on the back of his head by the owner. “Don´t push it,” the guy laughed heartily.

“I was joking, Donghae´s nose might be even better than the dog´s so he doesn´t need one,” Eunhyuk laughed but both me and Jessica stiffened. The raven haired man never fails to send shivers down my spine. One has to be careful around him; he might not smell us but he´s definitely sharp.

“If you say so. I have your contacts so please visit me soon to finish the deal,” the owner shook hands with Eunhyuk.

“Don´t worry, I´ll have everything prepared as soon as possible,” the vampire bowed deeply. Then he ensured Jessica of the same maintaining a professional smile on his lips.

“Don´t mess anything up,” was my cousin´s snarky answer. I looked at Eunhyuk almost expecting his fangs already burying in but nothing happened, the smile still perfect. Incredible.

Jessica left and we went back to the car with Eunhyuk behind the steering wheel. I waited for him to start the engine but it was still silent. I turned to the vampire and found him deep in thoughts. His eyebrows were knitted together and his lips pursued. He would sometimes snap his head even so slightly as if connecting some informations inside his head. It looked like he wanted to tell me something but stopped himself a few times. When Eunhyuk made up his mind, he looked me straight in the eye.

“Do I really stink?” He was serious but it sounded kinda hilarious.

“You didn´t know?” I tried to laugh it off but I had a bad feeling about this all.

“Like what? Sweat, dirt, perfume or something else?” The vampire pushed more leaning closer to me again. Could he have caught on already?

“C´mon, of course you don´t smell. It´s our family joke. We say it when we don´t like somebody or want to tease, hehe,” I was doing my best to play it off. But I wasn´t doing a very good job because the vampire´s face was already pretty close to mine, his sharp eyes examining me carefully.

“I was wondering, Donghae,” our noses were already brushing but instead of embarrassment I felt only fear at the moment, “exactly how good is your smell?” His voice was quiet and dangerously low.

“Why do you hate me so much but always end up spending your time with me? Why no one else says I smell and why are you always so curious about me?” Eunhyuk´s right arm was now propped on my seat scarily close to my head and neck. The raven head was on a good track, I had to do something. Not just the house and my future projects in the company were endangered if he found out but my bare life too. Before I knew it I acted on impulse. Let´s regret later.

“I thought I was obvious,” I said darkly and closed the distance between our faces. I forced a kiss on Eunhyuk who was startled but as a good gentleman didn´t push me away. I caressed his lips gently avoiding my true nature or I would bite them instead. I wanted to pull away but I suddenly felt his tongue sensually glide through my lips and for a moment I forgot everything. I wasn´t as foolish as to go any further but I let him taste my lips properly. I just hoped he wouldn´t bite my neck after because I would feel stupid falling for the same trick as almost every woman in his close range.

“,” Eunhyuk uttered and his lips. I gulped and the awkward silence made us both retreat back to our seats and sit properly. We weren´t looking at each other which was good because I was flustered and completely lost. But I was sure that my identity stayed hidden.

“Um, I´ll drive us home,” Eunhyuk whispered carefully so he wouldn´t break the frail and eerie atmosphere in the car.

That night I couldn´t fall asleep. My mind was swirling with various thoughts. Did he find out? Am I safe? Will he act differently towards me? Why the hell did I kiss him? To protect myself. Yes and that´s what I am going to do from now on. I don´t feel attracted to him, I just need him to succeed. Why do his lips taste like sugar?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Another chapter! Hey, is the story not interesting anymore? I write it for myself but I still noticed that there isn´t almost any reaction (like subs and so). I´m not pushing you all, I´m just curious of what to do to improve. :) Leader´s back! The preparations for the comeback are finishing! Shindong will sing for the album but not join the promotions. And there were also a few rumors about kibum. I hope Hyukjae will pull out some crazy hairstyle again. I´ve had enough of that black (I´m kidding, he´s always charming). - love you all PandaHero