Driving (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

It was already pretty late when I finally got out of work. I spent not so little time on sewing my pants before and had to work overtime because of it. But who would have thought that the summer collection didn´t have the endurance to withstand my tale. And I´m not even talking about my almost heart attack when Eunhyuk asked me about last night. I was almost sure he saw me yesterday but luckily he still has no idea. That doesn´t mean he isn´t a bastard for letting everybody know of my embarrassing accident.

It was starting to rain so I the wipers. Really the weather was awful although it was clearly summer on the calendar. I slowed down because the rain became heavier. But when I looked right, I noticed a car on the side. The hood was open and whoever had such a bad luck and his car broke in this weather, was trying to make it work again. I didn´t want to be heartless and stopped my car.

“Hey,” I called sliding down the window. The wet person was startled and carefully turned around. Eunyhuk?! I almost stepped on the pedal and drove away but I couldn´t bring myself to it when I saw his drenched skinny body. “Need help?” I asked cursing myself.

Eunhyuk stood there frozen, literally maybe, and contemplated whether to accept or not. But after a loud thunder the scared vampire in his pride and nodded.

“It´s dead,” he stated flatly, “could you give me a ride?” I couldn´t read his expression since the downpour was consistently washing down his face.

“Hop on,” I finally said and the skinny man hurried to retrieve his bag from the trunk. He slammed the trunk and the hood and quickly climbed into my car. He let out a long sigh.

“Aren´t you going to lock it?” I asked.

“No, I even left the keys inside. If someone is capable enough to steal it, I´ll send him a bucket of roses too,” Eunhyuk chuckled. I thought but laughed too.

I started the engine and continued on my way. It was silent and awkward when the only sounds were the humming of the car, raindrops on the windshield and Eunhyuk´s teeth clacking. I glanced at my co-worker who was trying his best to curl into the smallest possible being and to keep the little bit of warmth left. I long ago realised thanks to him that vampires aren´t the most graceful creatures. Eunhyuk looked pitiful and even ugly curled on the seat like this with the water dripping from his banks and red nose.

“Clack, clack, clack.”

I decided to turn on the radio. I would have never believed that those blood- fangs could make so much noise. Since they aren´t so prominent the vampire doesn´t even try to hide them. Humans wouldn´t think of those teeth as a deal but for those who know their usage it might be quite a disgusting sight. Eunhyuk sniffled and wiped huge snot with his sleeve. And once again. What in the hell those girls see in him?!

“Thanks, Donghae,” Eunhyuk said after clearing his throat, “see you tomorrow,” he added.

“Yeah,” I replied curtly and grimaced at the fact that I would see him again tomorrow morning.

Eunyhuk climbed out of the car and dashed under the roof of his apartment building. I watched him almost put his head inside his bag to retrieve the keys and drop them afterwards. I lost my patience just seeing him act so dumbly and decided to leave. There was a puddle of water in the seat next to me but I noticed something swimming in the middle of it.

“What is that?”

I took the object between my fingers. It was a long silver necklace with a beautiful rose shaped pendant on it. I must belong to Eunhyuk but I´ve never noticed him wearing it. I rather believe it belonged to one of his bed-mates than under the collared shirt of the smelly vampire. Nevertheless I put the accessory into my pants pocket ready to return it tomorrow.

The next day I arrived to work as always. I took a sip of my coffee and started going through some papers. Soon the office was full of rustling and movement but the seat in front of me remained empty. Good, at least I can have one peaceful day. Eunyhuk was known for never being sick so he would always, even though late, come to work. I was lucky today, who wouldn´t have caught a cold in a storm like yesterday´s.

“Sorry, I´m late,” someone croaked and I snapped my head up. Eunhyuk just arrived to work but looked way more ugly than usual. His skin was even paler, which with his vampire complexion meant grey; his eyes were watery and red but not as red as his nose decorated with snot. Eunhyuk´s hair was damp and his fingers shaking. The guy was definitely sick but still decided to come and spread the illness to us all.

“Go home, imbecile,” I couldn´t help but bark.

“Shut up,” Eunhyuk mumbled through his black fashionable mask. He might be out of himself today but his ´affection´ towards me is still the same. That´s good, I was worried he might think our relationship got better just because his skinny got a ride in my BMW. Why did this sentence sound so wrong?

“You´ll make us all sick this way, stop being a jerk and go,” I hissed. But the black haired vampire didn´t even move from his spot.

“Thanks god you came, Eunhyuk!” Choi Siwon emerged from his office and rushed to the sick bastard. “Why does your first time being sick has to be today, huh?” He sighed and patted the boy on his back.

“Y-Yeah,” Eunhyuk answered but a slight movement of his didn´t go unnoticed by me. The vampire instinctively put his hand on his chest in a learnt habit but soon realised that something was missing. Maybe the necklace really belongs to him after all.

I pushed my hand into my pocket but the necklace wasn´t there. Did I lose it? It looked expensive and somehow important from Eunhyuk´s fingers that keep reaching for the spot on his chest. Ugh, what do I do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A-cha! Another chapter is out! I write a lot these day, neh? What do you think of Hyuk as a vampire and  Hae as a werewolf? Thank you for reading, still love you! - PandaHero