Eating (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

I woke up feeling more grumpy than usual. It was Saturday morning and I should have woken up with a woman next to me, in a strange bed and with a terrible hangover. Nothing of this was true and I quickly remembered the reason for that. Lee Donghae. Yesterday I had almost my fingers on that intern´s dress zipper when the bastard had to scold me. What´s his problem anyway? I know he doesn´t like me but I wasn´t doing anything to him. Except for…ugh. Yeah, I checked him out. I couldn´t help it, it was a reflex. I thought that he had nice chest and suddenly I felt so ashamed. Especially because he caught me watching. I put on my jacket and ran away ending up unsatisfied.

Ding, dong. My doorbell rang. I was already awake but decided to be annoyed at that someone who was disturbing my bad morning. I put on random pants because I went to bed yesterday. It´s a habit, duh. I shuffled my bare feet against the cold floor and slowly opened the door.

“Hey,” Lee Donghae greeted. This is a ing bad morning.

“What,” I grumbled but smirked when I noticed him turn his head away from my chest. Cute.

“Don´t ´what´ me, you forgot your bag at the bar yesterday,” he said and handed me my suitcase. I must have forgotten it in my rush. He brought it to me? “That´s all from me then, bye,” Donghae waved his hand.

“W-Wait!” I stopped him. “Have you had your breakfast already?” I asked him and he shook his head. “Come here, I´ll make you something.” I felt grateful and my mood was much better too so I could at least give the guy a little treat, don´t you think? Donghae hesitated so I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

“Wait for me in the kitchen, I´ll put on a shirt,” and maybe underwear I added in my head. In the end I decided on a big tee and even bigger pants. Don´t blame me but next to Donghae I felt a bit pathetic. The brunette had his casual clothes on. Tight jeans and blue shirt, both hugging his body in the best places.

“So what do you usually have for breakfast?” I asked when I arrived to my kitchen. Donghae was sitting on a barstool smiling. Do I look funny?

“Anything is fine I guess,” he shrugged. That doesn´t help much.

“You better say something if you don´t want to eat the same thing as me,” I raised my brows. My mom always says that the way I eat is the worst sin ever committed on earth. But she´s overreacting just like every mom.

“Then toast and eggs maybe?” Donghae finally said. “And black coffee, please,” he added. Good I made him tell me, this is totally not my style.

“Get it,” I said and pulled the ingredients from the fridge. “Thanks for bringing me the case; I have some important stuff in it.”

“Like candies or make-up?” Donghae laughed.

“You went through my bag!” I gasped and waved with my spatula dangerously close to his head.

“Chill, Eunhyuk,” Donghae defended, ”we just needed to find out who´s bag it was. And it was Mr. Choi who made me bring it to you. He said you have to attend some kind of meeting on Monday.”

“Siwonnie made you do this?” Why do I feel disappointed suddenly? “Anyway he´s right. We are going to discuss the details of the project including the wage and bonuses.” Donghae snorted.

“What?” I snarled and the toaster.

“It´s just that you are dressed in the biggest clothes I´ve ever seen, your hair looks like a nest, you have spatula in your hand but your face is so serious as if you were on a meeting. I can´t help it, it´s hilarious,” he laughed again. I couldn´t even feel offended because indeed I looked pretty amusing.

“Shut up, Polka-dot,” I snorted but gave him his breakfast. Scrambled eggs with toasts and a cup of black coffee.

“You´re not gonna eat?” Donghae asked biting his toast.

“Of course I am but you might not like it if I eat here with you,” I chuckled. Most of the people cringe when they see me eat.

“Why? Is it a smoke again? Or-,” he stopped himself. I waited for him to continue but he didn´t.

I didn´t say anything and carried on with preparing my delicious meal. I took a huge bowl from the pantry and filled a half of it with chocolate chips then I poured a good amount of strawberry milk. And because it wouldn´t be enough I took two honey croissants to eat with it. I placed my food next to Donghae and the boy gasped.

“This is my first time seeing you actually eat something and it´s this?!” He exclaimed with his eyes wide and finger pointing to my bowl. He looked like a fish and I suddenly wanted him in my strawberry bowl.

“You´ve never seen me eat?” I asked surprised.

“You didn´t know? People in the office always wonder about it. Every day you have only a cigarette during the lunch and nothing else,” Donghae told me. “But now it makes sense,” he chuckled, “if you eat so much sugar in the morning, you won´t feel hungry for a long time.”

“For your information I eat a lot just not in the office,” I pouted and to prove my words pushed a big spoonful of chips into my mouth. Donghae shook his head and sipped from his coffee but then shot me a hesitating glance.

“Can I ask you something?” His eyes were mixed seriousness with curiosity. I nodded. “What do you hate the most in your life?” The brunette asked me. What I hate? This is a very strange question but Donghae´s expression was way too serious for me to joke around. I brought my finger to my chin and thought about it. Crosses, werewolves or maybe ´thirst´. Just like now. I hate this feeling the most not because it burns my throat but because it reminds me of what kind of a feral being I am. I feed off of humans and although I do my best for them to not even feel it, it still bothers me. I´m proud to be a vampire but I´m also ashamed of this weakness of mine.

“Thirst?” Donghae said and I froze. Did I say it aloud? Gosh, I´m so careless.

“I have a slight hangover today so I must have said it without thinking,” I quickly cleaned the mess caused probably by my word-vomit.

“In that case I´ll leave you here to recover,” Donghae jumped down from the barstool. “Thanks for the breakfast and for encrypting one of the biggest office mysteries,” he added while putting on his shoes.

I bid him goodbye and returned to the kitchen still somehow confused. I glanced at the stool where Donghae was sitting just a while ago and then froze on the spot. I couldn´t believe it. I wasn´t the only one with a secret uncovered today. I sat on the stool without having to jump on it and said my thoughts aloud.

“Lee Donghae uses insoles!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! So Eunhyuk still has no idea of Donghae´s identity. But what is Donghae trying to pull? By th way AFF changed the font and I don´t know which one is it anyome TT_TT Thank you for reading and commenting - muah! PandaHero