Meeting (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

“What should I wear?!” Eunhyuk whined for like a thousandth time.

“You look great in anything,” I answered him the same just like an hour ago.

It was Sunday after lunch and I was sitting on Eunhyuk´s sofa watching the TV. The vampire was in his bedroom rummaging through his endless wardrobe whining all the time. We were visiting my parents this afternoon and although I thought my partner was all cool with it, right now he was proving me the opposite. Eunhyuk was totally panicking.

“That didn´t help me much, idiot! I knew I should have gone shopping,” the man wailed again.

“My mom likes blue, is that of any help?” I remembered but I didn´t feel like it was useful information.

“Light or dark blue?” Came a yell from the bedroom and I facepalmed. The vampire was getting worked up a little too much over this thing. I sighed and went to comfort him.

I found Hyuk sitting on the ground and all his clothes were scattered around the room as if something had just detonated in his closet. I walked closer and kneeled next to the creature that was almost on the verge of tears already. It looked funny crying over clothes but I knew the real reason of his nervousness was lying somewhere else. He was walking into a wolf´s den today and that surely couldn´t be very appeasing for my boyfriend.

“You are the most beautiful person I´ve ever met, you´ll look stunning in whatever you wear,” I told him and his tight.

“I´m not and I don´t want to go anywhere,” Eunhyuk mumbled and laid his body lifelessly on the ground. I sighed and sat cross-legged next to him.

“Actually I would really like my parents to meet you. They supported me my whole life and I want to show them that I´m going to be fine without them now. Because I have you and you are the perfect person to stay by my side and I want them to know,” I told Eunhyuk my honest thoughts.

“But what if I´m not your other half? How do you know I´ll stay by your side forever?” The vampire suddenly asked me a question that I didn´t want him to ask. It hurt to hear that he wasn´t imagining the same future as me. I´m putting my all into this relationship and risking it´s failure while Eunhyuk is leaving the backdoor opened. We are indeed thinking differently.

“How about you wear that shirt that´s made from different blue squares?” I decided to change the topic into something that will definitely bring Eunhyuk out of his thoughts.

“That´s a good idea!” The raven head exclaimed and quickly raised his body to dive into the closet again. I chuckled at his reaction but I couldn´t help but feel slightly bitter.

 

At four o´clock straight we were ready and standing in front of my parent´s house. Yeah, the one which Eunhyuk helped to choose, buy and remodel. The skinny man next to me was shaking nervously and playing with his fingers. I took his hand into mine and Hyuk looked at me with sorrowful eyes. I squeezed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile that probably worked because I was given a bashful smile in return. But then the doors opened and the fingers in my grasp started shaking again.

“Ah, Donghae,” my mom exclaimed and pulled me inside and Eunhyuk naturally with me.

She hugged me tight and kissed my cheek affectionately. My father appeared in the hallway too together with my older brother Donghwa. They welcomed me with a hug too and a ruffle of my styled hair, sigh. Eunhyuk next to me slightly bowed and introduced himself but unfortunately ended up being ignored by all three members of my family. Maybe Hyuk was worrying for a good reason after all. I hope not.

“So how is it going at work, Donghae?” My father asked when the four of us were seated at the table, my mom preparing some snacks and coffee in the kitchen.

“I´m not sure, I had a new proposal but I don´t think it went well,” I admitted. There were many mistakes in the proposal for what I know.

“Ugh, I forgot to tell you. I sent it to Jungsoo on Friday. The mistakes weren´t that fatal so I rewrote it myself,” Eunhyuk told me quietly but I´m sure my father heard. Thanks God, I hate it the most when I´m coming home with bad news about my career. I feel inferior to my brother then who is a lawyer.

“Thanks, Hyukkie,” I squeezed his hand laid on his lap and he gave me a cute nod.

“Do I understand well that you work in the same company as Donghae?” My brother asked and I felt relieved that Eunhyuk wasn´t being ignored anymore.

“Um, yes. I´m his supervisor,” Eunhyuk answered politely and Donghwa laughed.

“Must be horrible repairing all that mess he makes,” my brother pointed at me, “I still remember the essays he wrote in high school, it was impossible to comprehend!” He laughed.

“To tell the truth it took me about a year to understand but by now I can even correct it myself,” Eunhyuk chuckled and my brother gave him a high-five. What´s that?! Are they now united against me?!

“Here you go,” mom arrived with a tray full of dishes. She put a cup of coffee in front of me and tea for Eunhyuk. She also put some snacks on the table. Sweet cupcakes and my favourite meat pie. I glanced at Eunhyuk if he already noticed the cupcakes but the latter was busy putting four spoons of sugar into his cup. My mom cringed seeing it and I chuckled.

“Try the pie, Eunhyuk. I made it especially for today,” my mom gestured but somehow I could tell that she was only acting nice. I guess she doesn´t like Hyuk much, what a pity.

“Thank you,” Eunhyuk polite as always put a piece on his plate but then I remembered something.

“Wait!” I stole the plate. “I´ll eat it, there´s lots of garlic inside,” I told him and Eunyhuk nodded, “you like sweets better anyway.”

After this small incident, my mom didn´t smile at Eunhyuk anymore. Not even after he ate four cupcakes and made my dad and Donghwa laugh hard. He was witty and funny as usual but all the time insisted on holding my hand. Later he whispered to me that he liked my family although he felt still scared of them. I couldn´t be happier at the moment.

“We better go before it gets dark,” Eunhyuk said after a while, “I´ll just go to the toilet first so pack the pie in the meantime if you want,” he smiled at me.

“Do you know where the toilet is?” My brother asked and Eunhyuk only chuckled. He nodded and left the room. “Why was he laughing?” Donghwa was confused just like the rest of the family.

“Oh, I didn´t tell you? It was Eunhyuk who found and helped me repair this place. I only gave a few ideas about the interior, the rest including the paperwork and price was altered by him.” I said proudly.

“Really?” My mom suddenly smiled and at that moment I knew that Eunhyuk passed. With flying colours as always, my perfect boyfriend.

But then it happened. The moon reached the sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I belive that there should be like two more chapters. Four the top. :) It will get boring if I prolong it too much. I hope I will come up with something new in the mean time. Please stay with me until the end!! :D Gosh, suju made a mess of the SM in Seoul. Crazy bastards, really. And Hyuk´s wig OMG. Thank you for reading and commenting - Love you, PandaHero