Sweating (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

I can´t believe my bad luck. I must have done something really horrible that I´m being punished so badly. I´m supposed to meet up with higher-ups together with Siwon today but I just had to fall sick. I haven´t been sick for years! How? The vampire body has the best immune system possible since we practically drink from the source. But there´s one more thing. I could be the best vampire but in a weather like yesterday, without my car, soaking wet for hours, I wouldn´t be able to not catch a cold. For situations like this I always carry a silver pendant. Silver has cleansing abilities and this one comes from my grandma. She says it will warm me up in cold and cool me down in heat. I don´t believe in superstitions, does it sound strange from a vampire? But as I said, I hadn´t been sick for years.

“Pull yourself together Eunhyuk, I need you alive at least until three o´clock,” Siwon begged and I gave him a reassuring smile, which by the way couldn´t work since I had a mask on.

“Is it something important?” Donghae suddenly asked. Now you are interested? You were sending me home just a minute ago.

“I would say so. Eunhyuk and I are pushing through your project of the new university library,” Siwon answered for me and I smirked. They can´t see it so what.

“My project?!” Donghae panicked.

Our company makes architectural designs for bigger companies that later invest in the building itself. Lee Donghae is one of our best designers, which even I have to admit, comes with the best ideas. But when it comes to presentation and pushing through their ideas, the designers would be lost without me. Especially Lee Donghae.

“Yes, I liked your idea the best and asked Eunhyuk to promote it,” Donghae glanced at me with a fear in his eyes. Is it just me or is Donghae overreacting for some reason.

“Don´t worry I´ll do well,” I tried to say but my voice cracked unfortunately. Donghae and Siwon gave me a pitiful glance and I blushed. “I still have two more hours to get myself together,” I whispered in a worry my voice would betray me again.

Sungmin made me a tea and I ate two aspirins to kick on my immunity. I might be kind of a freestyle person but I do take my job seriously. Donghae disappeared from the office, if he didn´t want to catch my cold or if he was just too scared of his project I didn´t know. Half an hour before the meeting I went to the toilet and started on my looks. I dried my hair and styled it into perfection. I put on new shirt that wasn´t soaked by sweat and some make up on my face too. I needed to regain at least half-human colour. When I finished with a lipstick it was almost time to start. I looked into the mirror for the last time and nodded. This will do.

“Eunhyuk!” Donghae stopped me on my way into the conference room.

“Yeah?” I studied his messy state. What was he doing while he was gone from the office?

“This, will it help?” He said and opened his palm. A silver rose shaped pendant was lying on his palm.

“How did you get this?” I frowned. This was the exact lucky charm I was looking for in these past two days.

“Yesterday you dropped this in my car but I left it in those torn pants, which I obviously didn´t wear today,” Donghae handed me my necklace. “And suddenly it seemed like you were really looking for it and I wish you were feeling comfortable while doing my project you see.” He finished.

He was kinda right. I will feel much better with the pendant on my chest. But don´t think I forgot the reason for which he went through all this rushing home and back just to bring it to me. Donghae´s little project was at stake here. I feel very offended that he thinks just for a necklace or sickness I wouldn´t do my best in promoting it.

I took the silver pendant from his hand and locked it around my neck. Then I hid it well under my shirt as always and instinctively touched the space under my cravat to feel it´s coolness against my heated skin. I smiled at Donghae and he visibly calmed down. Why is he so stressed when it´s me who went to work sick for his project?

“You ready, Eunyhuk?” Siwon appeared from behind me and took me around my shoulders. “You look much better.” He noted and we started walking to the conference room. I waited until we were a few feet apart from Donghae and then spun around.

“Oh and thanks, Mr. Polka-dot!” I yelled and most of our colleagues started laughing. Donghae´s eyes widened and it looked like he would just punch me in the face but to my amusement Siwon spoke up all of a sudden.

“Great! Even your voice is back!” He hugged me and I almost burst out laughing. Today Siwonnie and Donghae at the same time! Jackpot! I should make a living with pranking.

The presentation went well. I pretended to be completely healthy and talked about Donghae´s project as if it wasn´t a design for the university library but for the Great pyramid in Giza. The higher-ups were pleased and Siwon told me that the project will most likely succeed.

I excused myself then because although I was good at pretending I really wasn´t feeling well. Choi Siwon promised to take me home with his car saying something along the lines I wasn´t eligible enough to take a taxi. I agreed and not only because I wanted sit in his new Audi.

I took my things and bid my goodbye to Sungmin. Donghae must have been still embarrassed because he pretended to be busy with his work. Siwon started his expensive car and I immediately began admiring it thoughtfully. I looked to the right at the place my car broke down yesterday. I wanted to know if I needed to retrieve it tomorrow of if it´s already gone. My middle-aged car was still there but its whole left side had a huge writing on it. As we passed by I read the letters and suddenly had a good idea about the identity of the vandal. It read: Wanted to steal it but it stinks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So? :D Still good? Gosh, I should do something with my life and not just write fictions. Aigoo. Listen to f(x) Red Light, the album is perfect and watch SJ-M shows from Taiwan, they are finally being broadcasted and translated. Thank you again - PandaHero