Stressing (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

Gosh, this is so embarrassing! Why doesn´t he have any fur there?! I covered my eyes but it was too late already, I saw it. I just pretended that I wasn´t staring but even without looking into the mirror I knew my face must be as red as a monkey .

“I-It was an accident! I swear, Hyuk!” Donghae defended himself covering his middle part as best as he could with the towel.

“Since when I am ´Hyuk´ to you, huh? And do it properly, the towel is falling again!” I scolded.

“I can´t help it, the nails are too long, it´s hard to grab it!” Donghae who was holding back quite well finally exploded.

“Ugh, fine! Let me catch a breath first,” I told him. I need to calm down a bit. First anger, then fear and in the end frustration. I´m not used to so many emotions in one time. I turned around back facing Donghae and ran my fingers through my black hair. When I felt that the colour of my face went back to unhealthy white, I decided to speak again.

“Your body is much bigger than in your normal form, it will be harder to find some clothes. Mine won´t fit for sure,” I didn´t dare to look back at him.

“I´m not that big, it´s because you wear women clothes,” Donghae laughed.

“You better not laugh at me or I might leave you here ,” I hissed but I already knew that with this single incident I was back in the spiral. The downfall called Lee Donghae was like an incurable sickness for me. “I´ll try to send others home earlier but you will come tomorrow early and work on the project, get it?”

“Of course, I will work really hard,” Donghae promised, “just help me out of this, please.”

“Wait here and don´t let anyone else find out,” I reminded him and still without turning to him disappeared back into the office.

I told my colleagues that Donghae felt sick and that I would take him home. They protested slightly but in the end were glad they could leave earlier. For me, though, it meant another overtime and more complications and talking to Siwon. It was too late to care anymore.

“Donghae?” I knocked on the bathroom door.

“Hyuk? Are they gone already?” Again with that stupid nickname. Since when were we that familiar with each other?

Nevertheless I slipped inside the toilet once again and gave Donghae some clothes I managed to collect. I borrowed Sungmin´s spare pants, the fellow is short but has nice and full so Donghae can hide the tail in those pants. I´m also the only person apart from Siwon, who has a key to his private office. I knew the guy had bunch of expensive clothes in a wardrobe there and borrowed a big grey coat for Donghae. I finished covering his doglike face with a fancy hat from my own wardrobe. There was nothing we could do about the shoes unfortunately.

“Okay, give me your car keys. We will run as quickly as possible to make it out unnoticed,” I pulled the keys from his torn pants lying on the ground.

“Wait, that´s your great plan? To run?” Donghae suddenly stressed. ”How can we make it just like that?!” He snapped. I became immediately alarmed by him. Those sharp teeth and huge strong statue was terrifying. One of the reasons vampires don´t like werewolves is because they can smash us with a single hit. Just compare us, I with my not even sixty kilograms against that mountain of muscles. I froze in the place back pressed to the door behind me. I closed my eyes tightly to get rid of the scary image in front of me.

“Hyuk?” I was startled. Donghae was holding my shoulder, “I´m sorry, I didn´t want to scare you. I would never ever hurt you again. I´ve hurt you so much already,” he spoke to me in a soft voice and only then I realised that I was shaking really badly from the fear. “Try to trust me a little once more, just a little bit, Eunhyuk.” I nodded. I wouldn´t be able to trust him but I could make an exception and at least allow a tiny piece of my ice melt today for him. It´s enough for me that he tries to be nice. I´m so naïve.

“Just be careful, okay?” I whispered. I took a few moments to collect myself again and then cleared my throat. “And yes, we are going to run but not through the main entrance. I have keys from the security stairwell and the back door too,” I said in my usual confident voice. My fake calm attitude working on full speed.

“Why do you have keys to all the doors? Even Siwon office,” Donghae asked me. What was I supposed to answer? That there´s no better place for a quickie at working hours than in the private stairwell or that Choi Siwon is unable to pick clothes for himself without me? That I run away from work in times through the back door?

“Um, don´t ask,” Donghae was prepared to protest but I silenced him, “and if you try to tell on me, don´t forget I have even keys to your office table.” There´s no time for arguing anymore, we need to get out of here finally!

“Fine, let´s go,” the werewolf grumbled. And it was a signal for me to unlock the door of the toilet. I glanced around carefully but as expected the office was dark and empty. I made a run towards the stairwell and unlocked it, then I gestured to Donghae that it´s safe to run too. The wolf hesitated but in the end accelerated towards me. At that moment I almost pissed myself! The werewolf was running through the dark office lit only by a weak streak of the full moon light. Instinctively I stepped back hugged myself protectively. But of course Donghae didn´t intend to hunt me and avoided me to make it to the stairs. I snapped back and secured the doors again.

“Can you turn on the lights?” Donghae asked. “I can´t see very well and don´t want to fall down, it´s high.”

“You can´t see? Not even in this form?” I was surprised; I thought he had all the animal senses.

“No,” the wolf whined and it sounded horribly close to a puppy. I held back a chuckle.

“We would attract attention if we the lights in a place where no one should be right now, especially a wolf. Our company doesn´t allow any animals inside and I don´t want to pay a fine for bringing a dog here,” I joked and Donghae growled at me, “Anyway, I can see pretty well in the dark so just follow me.”

“Give me a hand then, Batman,” Donghae stretched his hairy arm towards the place he believed I was standing. I gulped loudly. I wasn´t prepared for this but we had to somehow escape. I was so stressed that I even ignored his remark about Batman.

“Fine but no jokes and no pulling or you might break my arm,” I told him and carefully touched his big palm fighting back a shiver.

“I´m not a brute, Hyuk,” Donghae whispered and squeezed my tiny hand in his. It didn´t hurt.

We slowly climbed down the stairs hand in hand without being noticed. Arriving down I unlocked the back door and with the same caution guided Donghae to his car. I sat down on the driver´s seat and started the ignition. We drove in silence and after the longest overtime ever I finally made it to Donghae´s house. The moment the car stopped at the parking lot I heaved out a deep sigh. I put my head on the steering wheel but suddenly I was enveloped by thick darkness. I out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I know the scene in the toilet was quite long but they just kept talking and I couldn´t get those two out of there, hehe. :D I hope you like it! Thank you for reading and being nice - saranghae, PandaHero