Failing (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, and breathe out.

“Ugh, why does it not work!” I yelled into the empty apartment to no one in particular. For good twenty minutes I was trying to catch my breath that got caught in my lungs the moment Donghae kissed me. I couldn´t understand why it affected me so much when I was being kissed almost every day. The note that Donghae was a man didn´t bother me in the slightest. I was raised up to be open-minded and I had even a few boyfriends at the university. So what was so different with Lee Donghae?

“I need something sweet,” I told myself and hurried to the kitchen where I had stored a box of chocolate. I opened it and sat on the sofa, the lights stayed turned off. I could see well in the dark.

I plopped one of the bonbons into my mouth and my thoughts went back to Donghae. The chocolate helped me relax and put my thoughts together. I´ve known Donghae for about three years when the boy entered the company. We´ve always sat across each other and the brunette never failed to put on an annoyed face whenever our eyes met. I would counter him with a smile which would make Donghae go even madder. I´ve always thought that it was cute and started to to see that face more often and more importantly to make him speak to me, even if it were just snarky remarks.

“Great,” I sank into the couch realising what I just had thought. Sigh.

My social skills are supreme just like manipulation or self-restraint but it took me this long to find out the truth. I´m definitely attracted to Lee Donghae, talented designer from the company I work at. I don´t think my feelings are any stronger than a mere attraction or liking because I would have noticed them earlier but if Donghae is serious I might let them escalate. I´m at that age already anyway.

But I won´t make any step myself. As much as I appreciate Donghae´s affection, I´m still in a doubt about what kind of person Donghae is. The feeling that he can tell, who I am is getting stronger just like the fear of hatred and betrayal seeping from the brunette. I have a few guesses of what might be going on and so I´m being cautious. I just hope I´m wrong and Donghae likes me for real.

I sighed when I noticed another horrible reality. The box of chocolate is empty.

 

“Morning,” I grumbled when Donghae´s car stopped in front of my house on Sunday morning. I was too tired to notice the tense atmosphere or the horrible state of Donghae´s mind. But not that much tired to not kick the terrible driver from his seat. Donghae protested and even glared at me.

“Don´t you dare drive or we might end up dead by the end of this weekend.” I said a little more harshly than I intended. Excuse me, it´s hard to joke so early in the morning. Donghae gulped and let me take the place behind the steering wheel.

“So I called one of my uncles and he promised to take care of the works at the house. The paint, though, we should leave for your parents to choose later,” I tried to break the ice and spoke in a softer tone.

“Um, thanks,” Donghae curtly replied making me slightly angry. Do I always have to be a victim of his mood swings? Guess so, I sighed.

“There are some biscuits in my bag if you want,” I tried again, “if not then at least hand me one.” At that Donghae finally chuckled and picked up my bag from the backseat. Opening it he chuckled again.

“And which ones? Chocolate, honey or with jam? You are like a walking patisserie.”

“As if you didn´t know already,” I rolled my eyes, “I like them all so you choose.”

I heard some rustling and then a loud sound followed by crunching. Amused I turned my stare away from the road and spotted a squirrel sitting next to me. I chuckled seeing Donghae with one of the cookies stuffed in his mouth. Hearing me laugh at him Donghae pulled another cookie from the pack and forced it into my mouth. I snorted and went back to focusing on the driving. I had no problem overpowering the poor chocolate biscuit with my strong fangs.

“You ate it just like that?” Donghae´s eyes were as wide as frying pans.

“Mm,” I answered and opened my mouth again waiting for another treat.

“Like a child,” the brunette chuckled but still fed me another cookie. With a rise of sugar level in my system, my mood improved too. And surprisingly my companion relaxed too. I know better than to get angry at Donghae, he would just fight me back. Pampering makes him feel like he´s above me which I found out he likes a lot. And I like him enough to spoil him a little bit.

The morning passed quickly because we had to run some errands and do the paperwork. As expected Donghae wasn´t of any help to me and I could understand why he begged me to do it for him. The poor being had absolutely no idea of the world outside his fish brain. But by the lunch time it was me begging instead.

“Please, I´m hungry! I had only a few cookies today and you didn´t allow me a single cigarette,” I pleaded when we finally escaped from the bureau. My stomach in my tummy was lauder than my heeled shoes on the pavement.

“We still have a lot to do, Eunhyuk,” Donghae stopped walking, “And in three years I haven´t seen you eat a single bite so why are you hungry all the time now?”

“Because you pull me out of my routines! How can you still walk, huh?” I couldn´t believe that someone who had less cookies than me could survive the day.

“I have better physics than you,” the guy grinned, “and I ate breakfast before picking you up.”

“Traitor!” I pointed my finger at him childishly and pouted.

“Pff,” Donghae burst out laughing, “Okay, let´s go before you bury those fangs in my neck,” he sprouted carelessly but immediately stiffened. I too became serious.

“Traitor,” I repeated again in a cold tone. It hurts, Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, guys. I feel like I pushed you to suddenly comment and so. I´m sorry, I´m not such an attention seeker, I swear! :) So I´m posting again today! Thank you a lot, really TT_TT SJ jjang! - wishing you all the best PandaHero