Hearing (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

I wonder how I did today. It seems like Donghae´s brother is just my style, he likes to joke around with me and prank the little puppy too. The father also doesn´t hate me as far as I can tell, he is a good guy and the family is the most important for him. But I´m not sure about Donghae´s mom, I couldn´t even taste the pie she baked and made her prepare a tea instead of coffee especially for me. Gosh, I need to try harder. But next time obviously since today is a full moon and we need to hurry. I was signalling to Donghae to finish soon but the boy was so happy to be at home that I didn´t have the heart to part them. Now, though, we don´t have the time anymore.

I finished my business in the toilet and closet the zipper of my pants followed by the button. I was just washing my hands clean when someone quietly knocked on the door and whispered. Donghae?

“Hyukkie? Don´t get mad, okay?” That voice, don´t tell me. “It´s kinda too late already, if you know what I mean. Err, of course you do, sorry.” I gulped and carefully opened the door for the werewolf to slide in.

“At least your pants withstood it this time,” I said meekly and leaned against the basin. I felt like fainting.

“Hyukkie, I know you told me to leave sooner, it´s my fault. But what do we do now?” The huge wolf whined.

“You better not push this on me again, Lee Donghae,” I warned. “I´m the one in a disadvantage here and you, my baby, are going to get me out, get it?” I put my hands on my hips and stomped so he would get the point.

“Uh,” Donghae froze, “Oh My God! You are right! I have to solve this, I´m sorry, Hyuk! I´ll find a way, trust me. It´s just that my older brother isn´t a very stable werewolf. He´s very smart so he never ends up locked in his company toilet like me but when he´s at home, he becomes wild. I often have to hold him down during the full moon. But you don´t have to worry, I´ll protect you,” Donghae spilled out some pretty horrifying informations and my stomach churned. “But hey, you called me ´my baby´, thank you!” He added and I would have definitely slapped him if he hadn´t transformed. What a stupid thing to think of in such a situation.

“I suppose I can´t really leave the house, right? We chose this place because many of your relatives and your parents´ friends live in this neighbourhood,” I reasoned and shivered realising how dangerous place this was for me. If I was at least a human and not a vampire, sigh.

“That´s true. I´ll take you to the guest room then,” Donghae exclaimed and caught me by my wrist. I yelped in surprise and Donghae immediately recognised his mistake. “Sorry, Hyukkie,” he said quietly but huskily before he took my hand gently. Like this I slowly followed him out of the bathroom.

The house was creepily dark and Donghae explained that his parents were probably in the garden and starring at the moon. I had a huge urge to laugh but I heard some footsteps behind me that sent violent shivers down my body. I turned my head after the sound apparent only to my sensitive ears and glanced into the darkness. At first I couldn´t see anything but when we started climbing up to the first floor I spotted two hungry eyes beneath the stairwell.

“Donghae!” I screamed and clutched his strong fluffy arm.

My boyfriend was startled by the sudden intimate act but had enough sense left to focus on the reason of my fright. He sniffled, probably not seeing the same as me, and growled. The harsh sound coming from his throat echoed through the silent house and a few seconds later similar answer came from downstairs. To me this was the most terrifying moment of my life. “Donghae,” I whispered again to force him to take me away already.

“I´m stronger, he wouldn´t attack recklessly,” Donghae told me but I didn´t feel any better.

We jogged quickly the rest of the stairs and started walking down the hallway towards the small guest room at the end. The steps behind us were getting louder and I could even hear the heavy breathing. My heart was beating nervously and my head was spinning from the fear. My legs were shaking badly and the moment we reached the door they gave away completely. Donghae caught me before I could fall but suddenly Donghwa appeared behind us. I screamed and then everything went blank.

 

“Hyuk, baby,” Donghae whispered gently and I started coming back to myself again. I looked around to find myself in the guest room. Donghae was sitting on the bed leaning against the headboard. I was seated sideways on his lap and my body was laid against his chest with my head on his hairy shoulder. Donghae was my hair with an impossible carefulness and sometimes his long nose would poke my forehead. “Are you awake, love?”

“Mhm,” was the only sound I could produce at the moment. I was exhausted after the whole day. I was stressing since the morning, I didn´t eat much either and the shock in the evening was the last drop. Now I was simply a bunch of lifeless limbs. But Donghae was surely worried so I made one more effort to show him I was fine by nuzzling into the fur on his neck.

“Eunhyuk?” Donghae said my name in a strange serious tone waking up my awareness again. “I´m grateful for everything you are doing for me. I know how scared you were today and I´m sorry about Donghwa too, he wouldn´t hurt you, though. You don´t have to believe me but he really wouldn´t,” Donghae started explaining.

“I do,” I forced myself to mumble, “I believe you.” Donghae smiled, or at least I think he did. It´s hard to read him in this form.

“Thank you. My family likes you a lot, even my mom. And dad wants you to visit again some better day. He too forgot it was the full moon, I take a lot after him.” I wanted to facepalm after hearing this but I was too tired to do so. I rolled my eyes instead. “I don´t know how serious you are about me and how far in the future you see me but I would like you to know one important thing.”

Donghae nuzzled his nose into my forehead parting my long hair. Then he my nose and it was ticklish so I chuckled. It was so cute and I couldn´t get rid of the thought that he is, indeed, a dog.

“I love you,” he said and the laugher died down. Donghae loves me? Isn´t it too soon? Can you fall in love so quickly? And what should I do now? ´Me too´, would be the correct answer but I wasn´t that sure about my feelings. Heck, I wasn´t even sure about Donghae´s feelings! How can he be so confident he loves me anyway? How do you recognise it? So complicated, so tiring, so painful. I groaned.

“Sleep, Hyukkie,” Donghae whispered and cuddled me closer. His voice sounded calm and somehow happy and didn´t bring any more worrisome stuff. I closed my eyes and everything went black again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here we go! :D two or three more chapters to the end. can´t decide on the ending, duh :D hope you like it! The connection here isn´t the best so be patient, please. Suju 7jib on the 1st of September and it should be jjang! Thank you for reading and commenting. - freezing in autumn weather, PandaHero