Uncomprehending (DH)

A Fang for a Fang

“Traitor,” Eunhyuk said in the coldest tone I´ve ever heard and which sent thousands of shivers down my body.

I was foolish thinking he wouldn´t find out. I was even relieved that I spilled the beans myself before he realised it. The cold tone and hard stare signalled that this one sentence of mine was enough for the vampire to connect everything together. Eunhyuk wasn´t stupid, not at all. His brain was superb but how about his feelings? Was he angry or maybe even hurt? I couldn´t read anything from that straight white face and that made me terribly uncomfortable.

“Unbelievable,” Eunhyuk scoffed.

I thought he would continue talking but instead his small frame moved towards me. In a blink of an eye the vampire was next to me grabbing my arm pulling me away with him. I was much stronger than him but the swift movement of the man caught me completely off guard. I let Eunhyuk lead me off the main busy street and into the nearest alley. The street was way too narrow and dark to attract any possible humans and I suddenly realised that in this crowded city I managed to get cornered by a vampire in such an impossible place. Stupid Donghae indeed.

Eunhyuk let go of my arm and I protectively pushed my back against the wall strongly. I wasn´t going down without a fight. But to my surprise instead of fangs, Eunyhuk´s lips made a space for his dreaded cigarette. The vampire inhaled the smoke and closed his eyes. He leaned against the wall opposite of me with an incredible elegance, legs slightly crossed, cigarette between his long fingers. Then he raised his head and looked at me with a stare completely void of any emotions.

“I´ll ask you straight,” he said with his voice dangerously husky and deep, “you´re a werewolf, aren´t you?” I gulped and nodded. As expected he could tell right away even without any sense of smell or a single proof apart from my clumsy remarks about his odour.

“Why are you so scared then? We both know I can´t touch you,” Eunhyuk chuckled and exhaled another puff of smoke.

“What do you mean?” I asked him confused. I tried to straighten my back a little because I must have looked pathetic and clumsy stuck like an idiot to the wall, when Eunhyuk was all calm and relaxed.

“Do I need to tell you that? Can´t you figure it out yourself or is your brain so ed up?” The vampire hissed but once more opted for maintaining his calm demeanour.

“Don´t talk to me like that, I´m just confused because of you!” I scolded. He was acting the exact opposite I expected him to, I wasn´t prepared for this kind of situation.

“Do you need to keep torturing me, Donghae?” Eunhyuk said and I had to shiver again at the freezing atmosphere seeping from the vampire. “I would have never believed you were the sadistic type. And stop ing shivering, I´m not going to bite you. I´m not a beast like you.” That last remark warmed me up greatly.

“Who are you calling a beast?! I´m not the one who lives off of the human blood!” I spat angered.

“You are talking about something different here, Donghae,” Eunhyuk didn´t let himself get annoyed. The lean figure stepped on the finished cigarette and slowly made his way towards me. I balled my fists ready to protect myself.

“What´s with that scowl? Baring your fangs already?” The raven head chuckled darkly but continued advancing. With the wall right behind me I couldn´t step back and in a desperate fear for my life and natural hot-blooded behaviour sprang my fist towards him.

Eunhyuk who was barely one step away from me was quick enough to avoid my hit. Inhuman speed and animal like reflexes supported his flesh and let him close the distance between us completely. With his body flush against mine Eunhyuk leaned his head close to me but just like the previous day his lips stopped at my ear.

“I understand why you hate me but you went too far, Donghae,” he spoke slowly. My body was completely paralyzed but I finally understood that he wouldn´t harm me, Eunhyuk wouldn´t hurt me just like that. “I´m disappointed, Donghae, but I won´t step away from my promises or responsibilities so don´t worry.”

With this cold assurance he released my body and sighed. “Go home, I´ll take care of the rest.” He added and I felt a huge lump in my throat. I wanted to say something, although I had no idea what, but anything could have been better than staying silent. Unfortunately that was what I actually did. Eunhyuk didn´t wait for me, though, and with a ghost like movement disappeared.

I took a few moments to calm down from the shock and the near the death experience before I went back to my car. I drove home slowly because Eunhyuk always asked me to drive carefully. Opening the door to my own apartment I thought of cleaning it later, compared to the vampire´s it was a threshold. I opened a can of cold beer and sat down into my favourite armchair. Like it or not, I had to think the situation through. I closed my eyes and let out a desperate sigh.

The most confusing question was why Eunhyuk said he couldn´t touch me. Because we are co-workers? Probably. Or maybe it was meant in a different way. I always refer to Eunhyuk as a blood monster but no matter how much I hate vampires, I have to admit that this particular one is different. I´ve never seen Eunhyuk act violent, especially not towards his victims.

I sipped from my beer liking how the fresh drink cools my dry throat. The slight burn from the alcohol let my mind open up a little bit and allow a small remark of my raven haired enemy to resurface. He called me a beast but when I attacked his vampire traits he insisted that it wasn´t what he meant. So I´m a beast but not because I´m a werewolf? He thinks I´m sadistic and a beast? What did I do to make him think something so extreme about me?

My phone in my pocket signalled a new message. I opened the device, in the meantime finding out that it was already evening and the room had darkened. The message was from Eunhyuk. That he took care of the rest of the paperwork including the insurance and the alteration works. He added a small personal message too: ´Let´s stay professional.´

I sighed and drank the rest of the beer in oneshot. Promises and responsibility. No matter what, Eunhyuk always keeps his word. And then there´s the irresponsible me. The cruel me. The traitor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! The drama continues and the air is still chilly. Eunhyuk is way too cold and Donghae way too hot. :) The videos from the treasure within us are incredible. The secret camera, the fanmeeting and Hyukjae as the meolchi MC. It would be nice if someone uploaded it full. I don´t have money to buy it especially with the 7jib and SS6 around the corner TT_TT. Thank you for still reading and commenting - be carefull on your ways, PandaHero